+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jankovic Joins @LATechWBB

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Jankovic Joins @LATechWBB

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Don’t look at our Tennis, Volleyball or Soccer roster then. I think G5 programs have to look overseas to find the diamond in the rough. The best HS athletes in the olympic sports are going to the power schools, mainly because there aren’t many to go around. Sometimes we get a big time player, like Victor Lange in golf.
    I agree..... Right now we need a boost. That could be a few overseas players to get us a bit better and competitive. Mix it with locals until we can get better on our feet.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree..... Right now we need a boost. That could be a few overseas players to get us a bit better and competitive. Mix it with locals until we can get better on our feet.
    If there is so much talent overseas then why do so many American players that can't make it in the NBA and the WNBA resort to playing overseas? Maybe it would have been better for Brooke to have hired Amber Obasse Ford as the new assistant. Amber knows how to coach because her success at the high school level wherever she has been is evident. Given enough time, she could develop relationships with ArkLaTex high school coaches that could pay recruiting dividends--perhaps rather quickly.

If there is an abundance of talent overseas, then why aren't our JUCOS rife with overseas talent looking for an opportunity to prove themselves--both academically and athletically? Maybe the answer is because headhunters don't get paid big bucks by JUCOS, but they do by the wealthy programs. Yep, the recruiting process for overseas talent is probably permeated with corruption. Who would believe that wealthy people could write checks to the right people and get their unqualified children into the university of their choice by using crooked college coaches as the back door to the university.

Tech does not need to venture into this realm. If the coach we have can't be competitive with domestic talent, then we need a new coach.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Get the best players. I don't care if they come from the Moon.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

He was hired because he has a reputation as a good player development and post coach. Not everyone he recruited to Oral Roberts and Wyoming were foreign players. Amber Obaze did not apply for the position. Wyoming was 25-9 last season and made it to 3rd round of WNIT. I think we would have taken that.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Yes

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

If this is truly the case, we need to jump on the transgender wagon NOW. I am serious. Use the rules and Title 9 against them. We could get 5 Division 3 dudes who suddenly identify as female, the may have to wait a year after their epiphany, and win the national championship.

Glory Road 2.0

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    If this is truly the case, we need to jump on the transgender wagon NOW. I am serious. Use the rules and Title 9 against them. We could get 5 Division 3 dudes who suddenly identify as female, the may have to wait a year after their epiphany, and win the national championship.

Glory Road 2.0
    Oh to see the reaction from the blue hairs of Ruston

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Maybe your employer should check the H1B visa market and see if there is someone available to do your job for a lot less. Maybe you would be expected to train the replacement in order to get your severance pay. This exact situation happened to a large number of employees at Disney and Pacific Gas and Electric. There are others, but I vividly recall these two. What do you think about the invasion of our border with Mexico? Oops, sorry, must have momentarily lost my head. Yeah, it doesn't matter where they come from, and if they don't come in sufficient numbers, well we should just hire someone to go find them.

Glory Road 2.0
    You may be on to something big. This should be real easy to accomplish. We would all need to accept the premise that Bruce Jenner is now a woman. For the sake of a national championship what difference does it make where they come from or what they really are when they get here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Glory Road 2.0
    Title IX has been screwing us for 40 years, about damn time we got some use out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Maybe your employer should check the H1B visa market and see if there is someone available to do your job for a lot less. Maybe you would be expected to train the replacement in order to get your severance pay. This exact situation happened to a large number of employees at Disney and Pacific Gas and Electric. There are others, but I vividly recall these two. What do you think about the invasion of our border with Mexico? Oops, sorry, must have momentarily lost my head. Yeah, it doesn't matter where they come from, and if they don't come in sufficient numbers, well we should just hire someone to go find them.
    90% of my coworkers are not American citizens. Everyone here earned their job, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    He was hired because he has a reputation as a good player development and post coach. Not everyone he recruited to Oral Roberts and Wyoming were foreign players. Amber Obaze did not apply for the position. Wyoming was 25-9 last season and made it to 3rd round of WNIT. I think we would have taken that.
    If I were the head coach I would not wait for Amber to apply for the job. I would have met with her to see what it would take to entice her to accept my offer. So he has a reputation as a good player development and post coach. Well, first we need at least a couple of post players. Successful high school coaches have to be able to develop players. They can't recruit so they have to make do with what talent lives in their particular school district. He may be both, but he comes to Ruston with the challenge of probably not knowing a single high school coach in our entire state--probably same for TX, MS and AR.

Title IX has been screwing us for 40 years, about damn time we got some use out of it!

90% of my coworkers are not American citizens. Everyone here earned their job, too.
    I just wonder what your employer has against American citizens. Your situation is a poster example of what is happening to America and Americans. If your are a white, male American you need not apply. Heck, if it works in the workplace, let's use it in college athletics. What can possibly go wrong?

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

OK
    If I were the head coach I would not wait for Amber to apply for the job. I would have met with her to see what it would take to entice her to accept my offer. So he has a reputation as a good player development and post coach. Well, first we need at least a couple of post players. Successful high school coaches have to be able to develop players. They can't recruit so they have to make do with what talent lives in their particular school district. He may be both, but he comes to Ruston with the challenge of probably not knowing a single high school coach in our entire state--probably same for TX, MS and AR.

I just wonder what your employer has against American citizens. Your situation is a poster example of what is happening to America and Americans. If your are a white, male American you need not apply. Heck, if it works in the workplace, let's use it in college athletics. What can possibly go wrong?
    It's actually way easier to get jobs in my field as a citizen.

Just highly competitive.

Some interesting stuff about the University of Wyoming Cowgirl basketball can be found on the internet. On April 24, 2019, Joe Legerski, 16-year head coach resigned suddenly without giving a reason. Gearld Mattinson, a 12-year assistant and currently assistant head coach was promoted to replace Lergerski as head coach.

The Cowgirl roster for 2017/18 consisted of 14 players with 6 foreigners and 0 from Wyoming. The 2018/19 roster listed 16 total with 10 foreigners and 1 from Wyoming. The 2019/20 roster shows 13 total with 5 foreigners and 3 from Wyoming. Apparently there is a new recruiting philosophy taking shape in Laramie. Appears to be a departure from an emphasis on foreigners toward more domestic talent.

Lergerski and Jankovic both depart apparently at about the same time and rather suddenly. The assistant that was known for his ability to recruit foreign talent, that excelled at developing players and coaching post players left a highly successful program with apparently no job prospect at the time.

I want Brooke Sthehr to succeed as head coach of the Lady Techsters--as a winning coach, as a mentor to the young women in her program, as a motivator for her players to do well academically and be prepared for life after basketball, and as a model and builder of character for her team. I want her to win in every phase of coaching. I just hope and pray that she has not made a bad choice with Jankovic.

+ Reply to Thread