+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Rule Changes

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Ncaa NCAA Rule Changes

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-international
    The 3-point line has been moved to international distance
    College basketball’s previous three-point line has been at 20 feet, 9 inches. The international arc is at 22-1 3/4.
    Shot clock resets to 20 (instead of 30) after offensive rebound

Other proposal
    • The panel approved a proposal where players will be assessed a technical foul should they use derogatory language about an opponent’s race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identify, sexual orientation or disability.
    • Coaches will be allowed to call live-ball timeouts in the last two minutes of the second half and the last two minutes of any overtime periods. Previously, coaches weren’t allowed to call any live-ball timeouts during the game.
    In the last two minutes of the second half or the last two minutes of any overtime, instant replay review can be conducted if a basket interference or goaltending call has been made.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: NCAA Rule Changes

I like the changes! Especially resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds. If you get the ball back on offense you'll need to get down to business quicker for the next shot. Think that will be good for the flow of the game.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

When they close the TAC to paint the new arcs (and hopefully re-sand and re-seal the whole floor which is now yellowed) they can install the new LED lighting that was proposed over a year ago and approved.
    Last edited by Dawgpix; 06-05-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    ............................................ they can install the new LED lighting that was proposed over a year ago and approved.
    I wouldn't count on it. Some of us remember listening on the radio to the 2012 game at McNeese State when the gym lights didn't work at all, and (best I remember) the announcer (Dave?) said they got about half of them working but had to play the game with sections of the court pretty much in the dark?? Our southland a.d. was a.d. at McNeese State from 2008-2013.

"There was a 23-minute delay in the game due to a lighting issue."
    https://latechsports.com/news/2012/1...ame_Notes.aspx
    Last edited by nadB; 06-06-2019 at 02:09 AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...-international
    The 3-point line has been moved to international distance
    Shot clock resets to 20 (instead of 30) after offensive rebound

Other proposal
    • The panel approved a proposal where players will be assessed a technical foul should they use derogatory language about an opponent’s race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender expression, gender identify, sexual orientation or disability.
    • Coaches will be allowed to call live-ball timeouts in the last two minutes of the second half and the last two minutes of any overtime periods. Previously, coaches weren’t allowed to call any live-ball timeouts during the game.
    In the last two minutes of the second half or the last two minutes of any overtime, instant replay review can be conducted if a basket interference or goaltending call has been made.
    The 3-point line has been moved back 16 and 3/4 inches? That's a huge change to college basketball. Wow!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    I like the changes! Especially resetting the shot clock to 20 seconds. If you get the ball back on offense you'll need to get down to business quicker for the next shot. Think that will be good for the flow of the game.
    See....I think just the opposite. If my team is leading and my offense gets a rebound late in the game, I want my fresh 30 seconds to run off some clock.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A rule change that is MUCH needed, in my not-so-humble opinion is the team that is fouled, after getting into the penalty, should have the choice to shoot the FTs or take the ball out with a fresh 30 seconds. That will stop the stupid "non-intentional" intentional fouls that slows the game down and causes the last two minutes to stretch out for a frickin' half hour! (that and the TOs used).

Another STUPID rule in WBB and the NBA is in the last 2 mins getting to inbound the ball in the other team's half court after a TO. MBB is sure to soon follow with it. Stop the madness!

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    See....I think just the opposite. If my team is leading and my offense gets a rebound late in the game, I want my fresh 30 seconds to run off some clock.
    So what you're implying is, when it comes to basketball, I am an entrepreneur, wanting opportunities to score & drive for the win. You are a bureaucrat, wanting to dribble and run the clock so you can go home.

Bulldog Dawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the roughDawg-n-Pony is a jewel in the rough Dawg-n-Pony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    A rule change that is MUCH needed, in my not-so-humble opinion is the team that is fouled, after getting into the penalty, should have the choice to shoot the FTs or take the ball out with a fresh 30 seconds.
    I like that one. Havent heard that one floated around.

The most realistic one that Id like to see is going to 4 quarters.

The most important one that I know we'll never see is players getting unlimited fouls. One thing I hate about hoops is star players sitting important games because a sh1t-ref decided to center himself.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg-n-Pony View Post
    I like that one. Havent heard that one floated around.

The most realistic one that Id like to see is going to 4 quarters.

The most important one that I know we'll never see is players getting unlimited fouls. One thing I hate about hoops is star players sitting important games because a sh1t-ref decided to center himself.
    IMO, unlimited or greatly increased foul limits would not be good. Maybe add a 6th personal foul? What about having a distinction between technical fouls. If it is a non contact, it only counts as a T and not a Personal.

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    So what you're implying is, when it comes to basketball, I am an entrepreneur, wanting opportunities to score & drive for the win. You are a bureaucrat, wanting to dribble and run the clock so you can go home.
    Ouch!....

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    IMO, unlimited or greatly increased foul limits would not be good. Maybe add a 6th personal foul? What about having a distinction between technical fouls. If it is a non contact, it only counts as a T and not a Personal.
    I think there should be a rule change regarding offensive fouls. An offensive foul should not count against a player's foul count, should only be a dead ball turnover like a travel. I HATE when a player is playing a good game, has 2-3 fouls early in the second half, then get's hit with a close charge. Same thing with a moving screen.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

See I differ on fouls -

I think there needs to be improvement in officiating with an official czar in charge of all officials in D1 basketball - not conference offices

Call a travel a travel, a charge a charge, an armbar an armbar etal

Reign in the gray areas

Consistent, quality officiating will solve alot of these problems - along with proper interpretation of the rules

And I think it will improve the offensive quality of play - in the early 70's teams were avg more pts per game than they are now without a shot clock - I want THAT ballgame in 2020
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

In the 70's into the 80's teams were playing REAL basketball. The playground crap on display now "your use!" sucks.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

After watching the finals last night, I have to say - I'm not really sure what the point of the offensive interference foul is. What does that accomplish? Why would that be a rule?

+ Reply to Thread