+ Reply to Thread

Thread: David Leal Selected by Oakland in 2019 MLB Draft

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball David Leal Selected by Oakland in 2019 MLB Draft

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

After concluding his two-year career as one most consistent pitchers in Louisiana Tech history, David Leal was rewarded on Wednesday evening, as the Oakland Athletics selected the southpaw with their 38th round pick in the 2019 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: David Leal Selected by Oakland in 2019 MLB Draft

Is the draft over? I am a little surprised these four were completely passed on if so: Bates, Huddleston, Mallard, and Smith. Looks like we need to upgrade our talent if only one player is getting drafted.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    Is the draft over? I am a little surprised these four were completely passed on if so: Bates, Huddleston, Mallard, and Smith. Looks like we need to upgrade our talent if only one player is getting drafted.
    Bates in not consistent enough at the plate.

Mallard struggles defensively.

The other two...

I don't care about who get's picked in the MLB. Losing games we should win and failing at the end of the year is on our HC. Three years in a row of failure.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I don't care about who get's picked in the MLB. Losing games we should win and failing at the end of the year is on our HC. Three years in a row of failure.
    Exactly - for three years under his guidance this team has had no fire and backbone when the chips are down late in ball games and late in the season

The scouts in attendance take notice
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think it says a lot about our perceived talent or lack there of...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

In baseball, football, & basketball I think we're getting better athletes than we used to get. But we lose the tough games and games we shouldn't lose. And we don't win championships. I'm putting it on coaching, though in basketball I'll admit Konkol has had an incredible streak of key injuries and that's a legit issue. (Hope he'll start an incredible streak of healthy players and knock out a championship this year). But for sure in baseball and football I think it comes down to the coaching.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Mallard doesnt make sense to me. He played out of position this year at 1st base instead of outfield. The guy is a pure hitter which usually translates well at any level. He can run also, so compared to other players that did get drafted his situation makes no sense. In regards to the others, not surprised. Just for the record, under Gravy's tenure it was normal for 2-4 guys per year to be drafted with several advancing through the ranks of professional baseball. Of course the landscape of college baseball was different back then but no doubt Gravy brought in talent.

It's amazing to me that at the beginning of the year our coach said he thought this team was regional capable then after going 0-2 in CUSA tourney he blamed the showing on lack of talent. SO, did this regional capable team lose their talent over the season, did they never have the overall talent, did the coach fail to get the most our of their talent or a combination of all the above.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Mallard doesnt make sense to me. He played out of position this year at 1st base instead of outfield. The guy is a pure hitter which usually translates well at any level. He can run also, so compared to other players that did get drafted his situation makes no sense. In regards to the others, not surprised. Just for the record, under Gravy's tenure it was normal for 2-4 guys per year to be drafted with several advancing through the ranks of professional baseball. Of course the landscape of college baseball was different back then but no doubt Gravy brought in talent.

It's amazing to me that at the beginning of the year our coach said he thought this team was regional capable then after going 0-2 in CUSA tourney he blamed the showing on lack of talent. SO, did this regional capable team lose their talent over the season, did they never have the overall talent, did the coach fail to get the most our of their talent or a combination of all the above.
    I remember him making those comments at the start of the season. Then during several of his post-game interviews as the season progressed, more than once I heard him bemoan a player's talent level while giving him credit for making the most it. Each time, I felt with the say he said it, he really hadn't complimented the player and thought both he and the player would have been better served if he'd just not said anything. But that's just me and maybe I'm being overly critical.
    Last edited by tenacious_dog; 06-06-2019 at 10:26 AM.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Talent needs guidance and refining otherwise it’ll get surpassed by other players being coached up. That’s what’s happened at Tech the last few years. Because of a lack of coaching (hitting, pitching and head coaching) other teams have improved throughout the season while Tech hasn’t. Talent alone cannot sustain itself. You have to succeed at practicing improvement. Tech is simply a training ground for mediocrity.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

38th round? How many rounds are there? Sheeesh!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    38th round? How many rounds are there? Sheeesh!
    40 https://www.sportingnews.com/us/mlb/...a19ru478frpplv

+ Reply to Thread