+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Louisiana Tech golf course for sale

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Old Louisiana Tech golf course for sale

if any of you guys interested. I just want fishing and dog training rights https://www.twincreeksofruston.com/a...0-Grambling-LA

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Old Louisiana Tech golf course for sale

I used to love playing that place.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I used to love playing that place.
    I did too. It was always a crappy course, but it was ours and it was fun.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I've think told this story before, but since we're talking about the old golf course ...

In the Spring of 1999, I still needed 2 hours of PE to graduate. Sure enough, Intro to Golf was offered from 7:30-9a on Tues & Thur at the Tech Golf Course. So I took it. Didn't have my own clubs, so dad let me use grandpa's old clubs from the 1960s. The driver looked more like an elongated baseball bat than a golf club. Swung like it too.

First day, a bleary-eyed graduate assistant announces himself as the instructor -- "Welcome to Golf. Your grade will be based on attendance. There's the golf course. Now yall go play golf. Or not. Whatever." And that was it. Hungover GA drove around the course on a cart and took attendance. You got an A for the day if you showed up. Or an F for if you didn't.

Until one day -- I had just knocked one into deep rough (a pile of pine straw, as I remember it) and released a loud and lengthy string of profanity, just as homeboy was coming around the curve in his EZGo. He stopped short and says -- "That wasn't very sportsmanlike. You get a C today."

Between that C and all the days I missed, I barely passed his class. But you know what they say -- 'D' is for Diploma! I got my 2 hrs of PE and graduated on time. And that's my story about the old Tech Golf Course. (DallasDog can corroborate these events, btw.)

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I've think told this story before, but since we're talking about the old golf course ...

In the Spring of 1999, I still needed 2 hours of PE to graduate. Sure enough, Intro to Golf was offered from 7:30-9a on Tues & Thur at the Tech Golf Course. So I took it. Didn't have my own clubs, so dad let me use grandpa's old clubs from the 1960s. The driver looked more like an elongated baseball bat than a golf club. Swung like it too.

First day, a bleary-eyed graduate assistant announces himself as the instructor -- "Welcome to Golf. Your grade will be based on attendance. There's the golf course. Now yall go play golf. Or not. Whatever." And that was it. Hungover GA drove around the course on a cart and took attendance. You got an A for the day if you showed up. Or an F for if you didn't.

Until one day -- I had just knocked one into deep rough (a pile of pine straw, as I remember it) and released a loud and lengthy string of profanity, just as homeboy was coming around the curve in his EZGo. He stopped short and says -- "That wasn't very sportsmanlike. You get a C today."

Between that C and all the days I missed, I barely passed his class. But you know what they say -- 'D' is for Diploma! I got my 2 hrs of PE and graduated on time. And that's my story about the old Tech Golf Course. (DallasDog can corroborate these events, btw.)
    We might have had the same instructor, except I don't think ours even bothered to ride around and take attendance. He took it in the parking lot if I remember and then bolted. I think I took it in fall of 2000. Didn't have any PE requirements, just thought it would be fun. I borrowed my dads clubs since I didn't have any. They were senior flex shafts and not great for my starter set at 19 or 20 years old. I remember one night I got as drunk as I ever had and had golf and an ME class the next morning and I don't remember the exact order, but I basically slept through the ME class and stumbled around on the golf course for a few holes before we went to visit some friends. I proceeded to yak all over their front yard, then went home and puked in the bathtub, toilet, and basically anything that would accept vomit. I thought I was going to die that day. No idea how I made it through a class and golf without losing it. I was useless the rest of the day.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Though days of toil in many ways, were happy days and free ...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I can say champ967 did spend a lot of time in the rough and cussing.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I can say champ967 did spend a lot of time in the rough and cussing.
    twss...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Hate to see us giving up property in Ruston. This could of been a good home for a tennis complex with a clubhouse. I don't like the current location being tucked between the field house and track.

I guess it might not work, it's probably too far from campus.

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Hate to see us giving up property in Ruston. This could of been a good home for a tennis complex with a clubhouse. I don't like the current location being tucked between the field house and track.

Isn't the tennis complex destroyed from the tornado as well? It would be a good time to move it if it is.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgonit View Post
    Isn't the tennis complex destroyed from the tornado as well? It would be a good time to move it if it is.
    The tennis courts have damage to fence, lighting, and surface according to the pics I've seen. Nothing that should take too long to repair.

I never liked the location that Dooley picked for it. I wonder if they will consider moving the tennis courts.

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post

The golf course is actually in Grambling. I drove by yesterday. It's a pretty property though. What do you guys think it will actually bring price wise? Is Tech actually selling it or was it already sold to someone else?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    The golf course is actually in Grambling. I drove by yesterday. It's a pretty property though. What do you guys think it will actually bring price wise? Is Tech actually selling it or was it already sold to someone else?
    http://webserv.lincolnparish.org/gisviewer/

Looks like it was sold to Underrett LLC

Champ garddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to beholdgarddawg is a splendid one to behold

I remember spending a whole summer (early 90's) out there in the afternoon heat. (In temperatures that probably would make me cringe now.)

The great part was that it was $2 if the clubhouse was open...and free if they were closed - never had steady hours just if there was a student around to man it.

+ Reply to Thread