+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: UConn Leaving AAC for Big East

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: UConn Leaving AAC for Big East

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Disco was created by the devil himself/herself/itself/Z...... don’t want to offend any of the current generation by using a defining pronoun. Wait... I’m Gen X I don’t care what anyone thinks anyway... f@ck it.. himself!
    The end of disco is really an interesting story. It was called "Disco Demolition Night", and it was all set up by a radio DJ in Chicago at Cominskey Park.

GenXers? LOL! That's a laugh. For the record, "GenXers" were --and still are-- a bunch of pussies, that never had --and never will have-- the balls to pull off something like this.

Fans who brought disco albums were seated for 98 cents in Comiskey Park Thursday. But after the first game, many anti-disco enthusiasts left their seats–with disorganized results. chicagology

Fans rush the field causing chaos. The field was unplayable for baseball. Rebeat Magazine

Chicago police disperse crowd in center field of Chicago’s White Sox Park after hundreds of disco records were blown up between games of a double-header between the White Sox and the Detroit Tigers, July 12, 1980. Some 7,000 fans of a 50,000-fan crowd jammed the field during an Anti-Disco promotion sponsored by a local radio station. Second game had to be called when umpires ruled the field unfit for play. AP Photo/Fred Jewell

https://historycollection.co/20-phot...ition-night/2/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Disco was created by the devil himself/herself/itself/Z...... don’t want to offend any of the current generation by using a defining pronoun. Wait... I’m Gen X I don’t care what anyone thinks anyway... f@ck it.. himself!
    The end of disco is really an interesting story. It was called "Disco Demolition Night", and it was all set up by a radio DJ (shock jock) Steve Dahl, at Chicago's Cominskey Park, on July 12, 1979 (not 1980, as once source misidentifies below).

GenXers? LOL! That's a laugh. For the record, "GenXers" were --and still are-- a bunch of pussies, that never had --and never will have-- the balls to pull off something like this.

Fans who brought disco albums were seated for 98 cents in Comiskey Park Thursday. But after the first game, many anti-disco enthusiasts left their seats–with disorganized results. chicagology

Fans rush the field causing chaos. The field was unplayable for baseball. Rebeat Magazine

Chicago police disperse crowd in center field of Chicago’s White Sox Park after hundreds of disco records were blown up between games of a double-header between the White Sox and the Detroit Tigers, July 12, 1980. Some 7,000 fans of a 50,000-fan crowd jammed the field during an Anti-Disco promotion sponsored by a local radio station. Second game had to be called when umpires ruled the field unfit for play. AP Photo/Fred Jewell

https://historycollection.co/20-phot...ition-night/2/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disco_Demolition_Night

"White Sox officials had hoped for a crowd of 20,000, about 5,000 more than usual. Instead, at least 50,000—including tens of thousands of Dahl's adherents—packed the stadium, and thousands more continued to sneak in after gates were closed. Many of the records were not collected by staff and were thrown like flying discs from the stands. After Dahl blew up the collected records, thousands of fans stormed the field and remained there until dispersed by riot police."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I remember seeing news coverage of that at the time. And while I am sure it was partially in jest, this Gen Xer, is about as far from being a pussy about anything. Cheers.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Disco was created by Boomers, who have solidly refused to take responsibility for anything for roughly 2/3 of a century now.

Rap, on the other hand, was created by GenX. We're used to being ignored, and dont care what you think anyway.
    Slooowly shm. Then realizing....you're just trying to bait me, hoping I'll fall into another of your juvenile "twss" traps.

All I can say is, this situation calls for a bigger man than Champ967!

I remember seeing news coverage of that at the time. And while I am sure it was partially in jest, this Gen Xer, is about as far from being a pussy about anything. Cheers.
    To be clear, my comment was not a shot at you. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule. Glad to hear you are one of them.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Ruh-roh. Looks like our resident snowflake got "triggered" again.

But this is a "safe space", and we want you to be able to talk about those feelings.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Champ967, aren't you a Boomer?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Oh wait! did a quick search, Gen Xers are known as "the lost generation." As you stay lost in most discussions, that does fit you perfectly.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I was born in 1982 so by definition, I am a millennial but since Franklin Parish is at least 30 years behind the rest of the world I would identify with the Baby-Boomer Generation.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Champ967, aren't you a Boomer?
    I was born when Carter was president.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Oh wait! did a quick search, Gen Xers are known as "the lost generation."
    I like to think of us as America's "middle kid".

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I was born when Carter was president.
    Figures. LOL! (You can't make this up!)

GenXer's....The "Cellophane" Generation......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX5lYVqTxgI

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

Oh Uconn, like The Babe waiting for that phone call for the Yankees manager job, the ACC never called.

They were unhappy in the AAC. Attendance dropped way off in basketball and they were losing money. They also hated that they had been regulated to ESPN3 and not the flagship like they used to be.

So now what about the football team? A couple of options: drop down to FCS, shop the MAC or CUSA, quit altogether, or join the wasteland of D1 independents.

Here's my take, go the indy route. Go down the street to ESPN and make your own tv deal. Go out and find a rudy poot bowl game and lock it up for a year you expect a winning season. There are 6 other Indy teams and two of them are regional rivals (UMASS & Army).

I don't think the Indy route is that bad of a deal anymore.

+ Reply to Thread