Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
Oh Uconn, like The Babe waiting for that phone call for the Yankees manager job, the ACC never called.

They were unhappy in the AAC. Attendance dropped way off in basketball and they were losing money. They also hated that they had been regulated to ESPN3 and not the flagship like they used to be.

So now what about the football team? A couple of options: drop down to FCS, shop the MAC or CUSA, quit altogether, or join the wasteland of D1 independents.

Here's my take, go the indy route. Go down the street to ESPN and make your own tv deal. Go out and find a rudy poot bowl game and lock it up for a year you expect a winning season. There are 6 other Indy teams and two of them are regional rivals (UMASS & Army).

I don't think the Indy route is that bad of a deal anymore.
Hey Wade....I find your last comment interesting. I don't disagree with you. But I'd be interested in hearing your explanation as to why "the Indy route" isn't a bad deal anymore? What's changed? Why is the Indy route better today than it was 2 decades ago when LA Tech was an Independent?