+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: UConn Leaving AAC for Big East

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: UConn Leaving AAC for Big East

Quote Originally Posted by Wade_Antley View Post
    Oh Uconn, like The Babe waiting for that phone call for the Yankees manager job, the ACC never called.

They were unhappy in the AAC. Attendance dropped way off in basketball and they were losing money. They also hated that they had been regulated to ESPN3 and not the flagship like they used to be.

So now what about the football team? A couple of options: drop down to FCS, shop the MAC or CUSA, quit altogether, or join the wasteland of D1 independents.

Here's my take, go the indy route. Go down the street to ESPN and make your own tv deal. Go out and find a rudy poot bowl game and lock it up for a year you expect a winning season. There are 6 other Indy teams and two of them are regional rivals (UMASS & Army).

I don't think the Indy route is that bad of a deal anymore.
    Hey Wade....I find your last comment interesting. I don't disagree with you. But I'd be interested in hearing your explanation as to why "the Indy route" isn't a bad deal anymore? What's changed? Why is the Indy route better today than it was 2 decades ago when LA Tech was an Independent?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Hey Wade....I find your last comment interesting. I don't disagree with you. But I'd be interested in hearing your explanation as to why "the Indy route" isn't a bad deal anymore? What's changed? Why is the Indy route better today than it was 2 decades ago when LA Tech was an Independent?
    Independent bowl contracts are more feasible and scheduling has gotten easier. A strong school could take control of its brand like BYU did. The core problem is losing Playoff money, finding a tv contract or having to develop your own tv money. We would struggle, because we lack the infrastructure and the following that a UConn, BYU, Army or ND has. Uconn also has a sister school in UMass that they could coordinated with long term.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Disco was created by Boomers, who have solidly refused to take responsibility for anything for roughly 2/3 of a century now.

Rap, on the other hand, was created by GenX. We're used to being ignored, and dont care what you think anyway.

Nah!! It's the liberal Dem. Boomers that "solidly refused to take responsibility for anything for roughly 2/3 of a century now" and liberal Dem. GenXers that solidly refused to take responsibility for anything.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Nah!! It's the liberal Dem. Boomers that "solidly refused to take responsibility for anything for roughly 2/3 of a century now" and liberal Dem. GenXers that solidly refused to take responsibility for anything.
    snowflake got triggered

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Champ967
    Disco was created by Boomers, who have solidly refused to take responsibility for anything for roughly 2/3 of a century now.

Rap, on the other hand, was created by GenX. We're used to being ignored, and dont care what you think anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    snowflake got triggered
    Yes them too. Like this ignorant witch.

CORTEZ CORNERED: Rips Pelosi for 'singling out newly elected women of color' ...

CORTEZ CORNERED: Rips Pelosi for 'singling out newly elected women of color' ...

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

For the record ... I took a swipe at Boomers and disco. Trying to go for a funny. tenacious recognized it for what it was ... silliness.

TT made it all about Democrats. Again. (And again and again and again.)

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

For the record ... I took a swipe at Boomers and disco. Trying to go for a funny. tenacious recognized it for what it was ... silliness.

Disco was never funny. Silly, yes. Anyone here remember the BG's before Andy? I Started the Joke, Words, New York Mining Disaster, Got to Get a Message to You, etc.

Hey, their actions many times are sophomoric and funny/silly. You know you want to smile at your peeps. Come on now......

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Ironically today is the anniversary of the Disco Demolition Stunt.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=disco%...ht&FORM=OTDHYL

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I disagree.

The fact that we have more independents now would make that route better than say, 5 years ago - but I still think it'd be pretty bad. It'd be relatively easy to fill out a schedule with Liberty, NMSU, UMASS, and UConn I guess. Maybe Army or BYU. And then a bunch of money games. But I don't think we'd be in a very good position for bowl games.

Not to mention finding a home for our other sports.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ptaylor View Post
    If you want comparisons, go to the USA Today site about university athletic budgets and compare AAC and CUSA schools. That's the separation, not on the playing field. Its a business, not a competition anymore. Doesn't matter about facilities or win-loss records. Can Tech get to the minimum $60 million/year budget for athletics? That's what will get the attention of the AAC.
    In a nutshell, it's all about which schools can sell the most beer for ESPN. The more beer you sell, the bigger your budget grows, not because of proceeds from beer sales, but because of all the new endorsement, promotions, and free advertisement in the form of media hype. Hell, they'll even throw a few politicians in your pocket.

+ Reply to Thread