+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Interesting Graph on Nobel Prize Winners

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Interesting Graph on Nobel Prize Winners

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    There's an old saying: "If the Bible is false and there is no heaven or afterlife then as a believer shame on me"
    However if the Bible is correct "Shame on you (as a non believer)

For me, as a believer, if the Bible were a lie, then how as a believer had it negatively impacted my life? It hasn't. It has actually provided peace during difficult times.
    A saying based on Pascal’s wager.

What if the Quran was correct or if the real god wanted you to recognize that the god of the Bible is evil and should be rejected. Your belief hurt you in those cases.

As far as whether you got inner peace in tough times...can’t taje that away from you nor would I want to. Personally I have experienced some tough times, too, and was able to manage without such religious beliefs.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What did you do before you were alive?
    We (not you, but the rest of us) were all in a great nursery tended by angels. God would visit us, and we knew Him, just as He knows us. He said, "I knew you before you were born." Then the angels, using some algorithm, pick us for the perfect parents...for us. We're not supposed to have memories of all that we know from the past. Not until we pass the test as a mere mortal and return to Heaven. Then all that we know is revealed.

God also knows who you people are...the eternal losers. He doesn't like it, and He wishes you would have chosen better. But, He gave us all a free will.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't been revealed what we were before we were born. The Bible does say (as Dawg80 rightfully says), we were known before we were born. God has even already seen the lives of my great, great grandchildren even though they aren't born yet. And the Apostle Paul says, "Those who God foreknew, He predestined to be conformed into the image of Christ." We don't really understand that in this life.

But we are no different than the universe, which was also born. There was no physical universe, but God has already seen its destruction even before it existed. The universe came into existence from nothing and will be changed into something more spectacular in the end (science agrees that it was once nothing and posits that the universe will end some day through entropy, but belief in a new, better universe is not known to science yet). Just as the universe begins in corruption and ends in glory, so do those God has foreknown.

+ Reply to Thread