+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting Graph on Nobel Prize Winners

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Interesting Graph on Nobel Prize Winners

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    And the various world religions are all great examples of successful memes. A meme is not successful because it is good for its “host”, but because the host and the idea enjoy a certain type of memetic symbiosis that allows the meme to survive and spread.

Hitler himself was “infected” by a certain meme that was very powerful, but in the context of other dominant memes of the time, fortunately, was anathematic. Similar variants of Hitler’s meme are recurring. These ideas hold power in the brains of their subjects.

The whole world doesn’t have to reduce to black and white. The real beauty of the world is best appreciated in color.
    Have you bought into the belief that memes are real science?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Have you bought into the belief that memes are real science?
    Congratulations! You read Wikipedia.

I don’t know how you would scientifically test memetics. Conceptually and observationally, it makes a lot of sense.

How else would culture, ideas and/or beliefs spread while concentrating geographically?

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations! You read Wikipedia.

I don’t know how you would scientifically test memetics. Conceptually and observationally, it makes a lot of sense.

How else would culture, ideas and/or beliefs spread while concentrating geographically?
    You made me. Quit bringing in pseudoscience to try to explain why you are delusional. (save us both some time)

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

You made me. Quit bringing in pseudoscience to try to explain why you are delusional. (save us both some time)
    I don’t see memetics as science at all. It is just a useful conceptual framework for describing culture and beliefs in the context of anthropology. The fact that you can analogize it to evolution also helps draw out an important quality about the relative dominance of cultures and ideas.

I don’t see memetics as science at all. It is just a useful conceptual framework for describing culture and beliefs in the context of anthropology. The fact that you can analogize it to evolution also helps draw out an important quality about the relative dominance of cultures and ideas.
    Are you a materialist? Meaning, humans don't have minds, but only brains.

I think the mind is a product of the brain.

I wasn't prepared for that answer. Most evolutionists believe the material brain moves the material body and the mind is immaterial, so it therefore cannot exist (because only matter exists). But you do believe the material brain controls the immaterial mind. I asked the question because I believe your immaterial mind can tell your material brain that pseudoscience is useful as an act of deception to believe what you know to be false in order to try to win an argument. But I don't see why an evolved material brain would think pseudoscience is useful. What's the benefit to your survival? You are in no danger.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The whole world doesn’t have to reduce to black and white. The real beauty of the world is best appreciated in color.
    Yeah, man! the kind of color brought on by ODing on LDS...

Yes, I said LDS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgHxFNFWlZc

I wasn't prepared for that answer. Most evolutionists believe the material brain moves the material body and the mind is immaterial, so it therefore cannot exist (because only matter exists). But you do believe the material brain controls the immaterial mind. I asked the question because I believe your immaterial mind can tell your material brain that pseudoscience is useful as an act of deception to believe what you know to be false in order to try to win an argument. But I don't see why an evolved material brain would think pseudoscience is useful. What's the benefit to your survival? You are in no danger.
    Which pseudoscience? I am not suggesting that memetics is science at all. But neither is history, or art, or language, or many other concepts that enriches our understanding of the world.

Which pseudoscience? I am not suggesting that memetics is science at all. But neither is history, or art, or language, or many other concepts that enriches our understanding of the world.
    Shortest intro I saw on the subject.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-TPU0IOCHNk

Then we are back to my concern of why I think life matters (love, forgiveness, justice, etc...) if it really doesn't. I find the Bible believable because I don't think I'm delusional about life really mattering. Can you convince me that life objectively matters if the universe and life and consciousness are just unguided, random luck?

Then we are back to my concern of why I think life matters (love, forgiveness, justice, etc...) if it really doesn't. I find the Bible believable because I don't think I'm delusional about life really mattering. Can you convince me that life objectively matters if the universe and life and consciousness are just unguided, random luck?
    Why does it matter to whom? Why do you think love, justice and forgiveness would stop mattering to you if there is no Bible? Why do you need a god to validate your feelings? Why does it matter if it “objectively matters” if it matters subjectively in your own mind. Your experience will always be subjective even if existence is objective.

I actually think it is opposite - in a world where the afterlife lasts eternally, life itself is relatively meaningless - a minuscule experience in your eternity with experiences that are taught to be insignificant to the rewards of heaven. If there is nothing else, then this life is all that CAN matter. Time is precious and should be spent on things that enrich your experience of it, whatever that is. We are fortunate to live in a time where we have access to so much that can enrich your life. For me it is learning, loving, and adapting (improving) that I find enriching.

So where do you think your mind was before your brain was created?

Why does it matter to whom? Why do you think love, justice and forgiveness would stop mattering to you if there is no Bible? Why do you need a god to validate your feelings? Why does it matter if it “objectively matters” if it matters subjectively in your own mind. Your experience will always be subjective even if existence is objective.

I actually think it is opposite - in a world where the afterlife lasts eternally, life itself is relatively meaningless - a minuscule experience in your eternity with experiences that are taught to be insignificant to the rewards of heaven. If there is nothing else, then this life is all that CAN matter. Time is precious and should be spent on things that enrich your experience of it, whatever that is. We are fortunate to live in a time where we have access to so much that can enrich your life. For me it is learning, loving, and adapting (improving) that I find enriching.

So where do you think your mind was before your brain was created?
    I think love, forgiveness, and justice could have been bad concepts if evolution had performed a different reaction on our brains. We could live in a world where hate, being judgemental, and injustice were the concepts best suited for survival (if that's what matters to evolution). There is nothing guiding this. It is just random reactions and gene mutations and adaptation and nature selecting the survivalists. Our brains can't be trusted to know truth because truth does not exist in that world. If nothing is true, then nothing is right or wrong... we've been duped into believing that by how our brain evolved over billions of years. Time is not precious (nothing is.... nothing matters). We are not fortunate (that's a delusion). We should all have our own subjective enriching experiences even if that is killing babies for fun because nothing is objectively wrong. But that doesn't seem like the world I live in at all. But I could be deluded. But I think I would still be better off not knowing I was deluded.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Note that Jews have won 21.1% of Nobel prizes while muslims have won 0.8%. Jews make up only 0.2% of the world's population while muslims make up about 20% of the world's population. https://www.google.com/search?q=nobel+prize+winners+by+religion&tbm=isch& source=iu&ictx=1&fir=Dv9Ivc8qho8O5M%253A%252ChyqeN sTvMpPuYM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kS2F9g_wtg6sKgbc7Umf_dMGb1Sig&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwifqu _j3qHjAhUHK80KHYmjCu8Q
    L
    ooks like praying to allah 5 times a day is not helping them.
    Thanks for posting Don!

Just another of the many ways proving, by indisputable facts and science, that the Jewish race isn't a bunch of monkeys like the muslim faith states. Hum...imagine that.
    And no matter how terrible their persecution throughout world history, they have continued to rise to the top of humanity every time! It also proves that God's first chosen people truly are just that; and they are an incredible miracle to this very day.

+ Reply to Thread