+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Hybrid View

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Baseball JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech officials announced today that J.C. Love Field at Pat Patterson Park will remain at its current location as the process for rebuilding a number of athletic facilities following the tornado continues.

More...

Discuss it here.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Pics please

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’m afraid this means a minimizational approach of Tech’s ambitions for the future. I hope I’m not wrong and that we’re not all disappointed in the outcome of this vision (?).

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’m afraid this means a minimizational approach of Tech’s ambitions for the future. I hope I’m not wrong and that we’re not all disappointed in the outcome of this vision (?).
    I did not like the tone of his comment that the Dogs will be playing in a "new look" field. Sounds like it could be a new roof and fences.

Champ Rooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond reputeRooster has a reputation beyond repute Rooster's Avatar

Will it be demloished and built new from the ground up?
    “Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”
    Lou Holtz - Football Coach

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

"Bring back the rotary phone so we don't have to press 1 for English."
    www.casadice.com

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster View Post
    Will it be demloished and built new from the ground up?
    Yes -

From what I understand the entire corner will be structure & facility...

I think, it is a good choice -

With softball moving, it paves the way for expanded parking across the street

WE have abundant parking within a stones throw of the park
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yes -

From what I understand the entire corner will be structure & facility...

I think, it is a good choice -

With softball moving, it paves the way for expanded parking across the street

WE have abundant parking within a stones throw of the park
    Where is softball going?

I was hoping the baseball complex could be fit in where the soccer and softball fields are with the entrance being where the TAC/JOE/DAC parking could be used for baseball too. (I could throw a stone that far.)

Assuming the sub-structure is good, tear the roof off the baseball ball stadium and reconfigure the field for softball. It's "second hand" but at least not a trailer.

Put soccer south of the railroad tracks.

But there is something to be said for tradition.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Where is softball going?

I was hoping the baseball complex could be fit in where the soccer and softball fields are with the entrance being where the TAC/JOE/DAC parking could be used for baseball too. (I could throw a stone that far.)

Assuming the sub-structure is good, tear the roof off the baseball ball stadium and reconfigure the field for softball. It's "second hand" but at least not a trailer.

Put soccer south of the railroad tracks.

But there is something to be said for tradition.
    That area will do support a structure - too many sinkholes

I think soccer will end up at the rugby field and I think softball will end up south of the tracks

I'll say it again - we didn't have a parking problem prior to the tornado and we will not have one now...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

I think soccer will end up at the rugby field and I think softball will end up south of the tracks
    Soccer going where Rugby is now would cause the removal of or shrink Stadium Blvd. The field is too narrow for soccer so they'll have to expand it. I think the removal of the blvd was already in the long term plan, was it not?

I hope they can keep softball there but just switch its layout so the home plate is closest to the intersection. If not, I wonder if they could put the softball facility where the football practice field is and then give the soccer and softball area to the football team for practice area. I'm not against softball going on the other side of the tracks, but I'd hate to split up the athletics facilities where they are now.
    I'll say it again - we didn't have a parking problem prior to the tornado and we will not have one now...
    100% agree. We have a fantastic parking situation at Tech. In fact for many instances like football, we almost have it too good.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I love it!!! So glad they kept it in this classic and tradition rich spot.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Given what we've been building for educational and athletic facilities for the last several years, I can't see us building a new ballpark that won't be first rate. And large enough to meet NCAA"s standards. I do hope we incorporate into the design the ability to add additional seating that would be of equal quality if the program grows to the point we need to expand.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the plans for the new J C Love Field at Pat Patterson Park! I'm betting that happens at the Grambling game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    And large enough to meet NCAA"s standards.
    FWIW, we were already there. We met every requirement needed to host a regional. I agree that we should strive for the best. Saying that, we need an AD who understands how the bidding process works for a regional. He is the type who probably didn't even research it after the 2016 season. We should have had a bid in for 2017. We didn't.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    FWIW, we were already there. We met every requirement needed to host a regional. I agree that we should strive for the best. Saying that, we need an AD who understands how the bidding process works for a regional. He is the type who probably didn't even research it after the 2016 season. We should have had a bid in for 2017. We didn't.
    The dimensions of our playing field were grandfathered in and don't meet the newer criteria. And with our current seating capacity, I think the NCAA would have a tendency to award a hosting opportunity we would qualify for to another team with more seating and a larger field. They'd never say that's the case, they'd just manipulate the seeding (imagine that!).

I don't want to build a new facility and leave them a reason to pass us by when we have the opportunity right now to fix everything.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I don't want to build a new facility and leave them a reason to pass us by when we have the opportunity right now to fix everything.
    AMEN!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes, that's why I said, " I agree that we should strive for the best."

USM has hosted 2 times 4300 Capacity, 340, 400, 340. We won't be this big and don't need to be. USM's setup is not impressive at all.

LaLaff hosted 3 times before their current setup with seating and dimensions not much different than what we had the ability to create.

Again, our problem has never been and will not be our facilities it is our leadership.

+ Reply to Thread