+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    From my understanding, the stadium will move closer to Alabama @ the intersection. I don't know how close they'll be able to build, but should be enough to have the NCAA recommended dimensions.
    My point is that temporary bleachers won't be needed if the permanent structure has the 3,000 to 3,500 seats that should be included. And to get that number of seats, the permant structure needs to extend at least as far down both foul lines as past the old visitor bullpen down the first base line.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I agree with you. Most of the current parking behind the third base dugout is going to go. And the field will be "swiveled".

But I also think we'll have a stadium with 3,000 to 3,500 seats. Hopefully most being chairback. The individuals involved are committed to building the top facility within our conference. We wouldn't be building at the current site if they weren't shown an architectural plan that could make that happen.

I also don't think we're overbuilding if we have 3,500 seats. In fact, I think if Tech were to do this right - from the stadium, to concessions like ULL or Tulane, to MiLB type promotions, I think we might be surprised or even shocked at how many season tickets we sell to baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If you build it...they will come.

I like keeping the field in its traditional location. Yes, swivel it, shift it, move it left, right, forward, backward, whatever it takes to maximize the use of the available space, but keep it there. Which appears to be the final decision. Thumbs up!
    Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    From my understanding, the stadium will move closer to Alabama @ the intersection. I don't know how close they'll be able to build, but should be enough to have the NCAA recommended dimensions.
    Yes.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

About all that matters is that if Tech doesn’t get this 98% right none of us will be here for the next try. We’ll spent the rest of our lives wishing for what might’ve been if our decision makers had a greater vision.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    ... the permant structure needs to extend at least as far down both foul lines as past the old visitor bullpen down the first base line.
    There will be room for seating down both lines if the field is swiveled. Also, I'm not sure why you are limiting seating behind home plate. Yes we need some suites, but that and the elevator are not going to prevent 2000 permanent seats behind home plate. Then we'd only need 500 down each line to get to 3000, with 2000 of those seats being empty 75% of the time.

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Glad it will stay. Any discussion of moving, except for pure logistical reasons, was asinine.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    There will be room for seating down both lines if the field is swiveled. Also, I'm not sure why you are limiting seating behind home plate. Yes we need some suites, but that and the elevator are not going to prevent 2000 permanent seats behind home plate. Then we'd only need 500 down each line to get to 3000, with 2000 of those seats being empty 75% of the time.
    We could just cover the unused seating with a tarp. Instead of making an effort to fill them.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    About all that matters is that if Tech doesn’t get this 98% right none of us will be here for the next try. We’ll spent the rest of our lives wishing for what might’ve been if our decision makers had a greater vision.
    I have faith in those involved this time around. But I don't blame you for being concerned. The missed opportunities regarding facilities over the past 30 years are too numerous to mention.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder if they will build a retaining wall along the sidewalk of Tech drive to get rid of the slope. That would definitely add some additional surface area for the ballpark.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Some good points made by our board members. I sure do love our baseball field setting. I am glad it will remain there.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yes, swivel it, shift it, move it left, right, forward, backward, whatever it takes
    twss

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    twss
    Epic

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Some good points made by our board members. I sure do love our baseball field setting. I am glad it will remain there.
    twss
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Epic
    A top 10 for the uni-baller!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dawg80
    Yes, swivel it, shift it, move it left, right, forward, backward, whatever it takes

twss
    Just couldn't pass on getting one extra in there huh?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

twss
    Okay, have to give you this one. Good one!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Based on the chairback seating chart published when they starting converting sections to chairbacks, the total capacity including the dugouts would have been just 1,272 with all chairbacks. And decrease that by 64 more chairback seat spots lost when the press box was expanded.

It's going to take way over 500 seats down each line to get anywhere near 2,500, much less 3,000.

+ Reply to Thread