+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: JC Love Field to Remain in Same Location

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Based on the chairback seating chart published when they starting converting sections to chairbacks, the total capacity including the dugouts would have been just 1,272 with all chairbacks. And decrease that by 64 more chairback seat spots lost when the press box was expanded.

It's going to take way over 500 seats down each line to get anywhere near 2,500, much less 3,000.
    That configuration has been condemned. Think new.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    That configuration has been condemned. Think new.
    Yep -

Lot's of wasted space under old configuration

We will be starting with a blank canvass
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep -

Lot's of wasted space under old configuration

We will be starting with a blank canvass
    Do you foresee any land modification to the site? Like excavating out a lower level or building a berm, etc.

Fullsize Pic

love.jpg

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Living downtown Little Rock around 2005, I watched our park go up. It cost $40 Million designed by HKS of Dallas. Fixed seating capacity 5,800 (7,200 included berm). They bulldozed the site and dug a big pit. It has multiple seating options and a very accessible concourse. I'm not sure what we are willing to spend. If we spent half that ($20M), we will have a nice ballpark.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Okay, have to give you this one. Good one!
    what's the saying about a blind squirrel? Or a stopped clock?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Do you foresee any land modification to the site? Like excavating out a lower level or building a berm, etc.

Fullsize Pic

Attachment 14438
    I could see the possibility of berm seating in right field...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Living downtown Little Rock around 2005, I watched our park go up. It cost $40 Million designed by HKS of Dallas. Fixed seating capacity 5,800 (7,200 included berm). They bulldozed the site and dug a big pit. It has multiple seating options and a very accessible concourse. I'm not sure what we are willing to spend. If we spent half that ($20M), we will have a nice ballpark.

I thought of Dickey Stevens once it was announced that Love Field would remain in the same location. It employs both the traditional architecture design and relationship to the street that Tech will be looking for. There are a lot of downtown minor league parks that employ a similar design that could be studied.

The reconstruction of the stadium will provide an opportunity to frame the Tech Drive and Alabama intersection into the more urban and traditional feel Tech is aiming for on campus. I hope this opportunity is used to create a new entryway into campus, announcing to people they are entering campus and a pedestrian zone. In an ideal world I would but a building or new softball field in the NW corner of this intersection, but that would be part of a larger effort to relocate the track (did someone suggest combining the track with a new soccer field).

I also hope they honor the right field rowdy's and create an improved berm seating situation. This could be accomplished with a new retaining wall to also serve as the outfield fence, then back filling with dirt. This would allow for a greater distance between spectators and the railroad.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

as is there is not a lot of room behind the right field wall. i remember vandevelde and dooley talking about it in a meeting when the scoreboard for baseball was being discussed. i think techs property line is right at the pine trees behind right field fence. anything past that is railroad property. i too hope there is enough room with the new configuration to have a better area behind right field. i think the retaining wall suggestion is a cool idea.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    i think techs property line is right at the pine trees behind right field fence. anything past that is railroad property
    "Hello, Mr. Railroad Exec? Hi, this is Joe Friendly from Louisiana Tech. We'd like to scootch our scoreboard back maybe 7 or 8 feet, but that's gonna put us in your right of way. Can we work out a deal? Yes,we can assume all liability, and even name the scoreboard for you. Yeah, Kansas City Southern scoreboard at Patterson Park sounds nice, huh? Ok, so you're amenable in principle, provided we can work through all the details? Great, we'll be back in touch soon!"

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    as is there is not a lot of room behind the right field wall. i remember vandevelde and dooley talking about it in a meeting when the scoreboard for baseball was being discussed. i think techs property line is right at the pine trees behind right field fence. anything past that is railroad property. i too hope there is enough room with the new configuration to have a better area behind right field. i think the retaining wall suggestion is a cool idea.
    Apparently the trees that were scalped this past year belonged to the RR. With the new setup, I think we will have much more room to work with in all outfield areas for additional seating (if needed).

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    The reconstruction of the stadium will provide an opportunity to frame the Tech Drive and Alabama intersection into the more urban and traditional feel Tech is aiming for on campus. I hope this opportunity is used to create a new entryway into campus, announcing to people they are entering campus and a pedestrian zone.

In an ideal world I would but a building or new softball field in the NW corner of this intersection, but that would be part of a larger effort to relocate the track (did someone suggest combining the track with a new soccer field).

I also hope they honor the right field rowdy's and create an improved berm seating situation. This could be accomplished with a new retaining wall to also serve as the outfield fence, then back filling with dirt. This would allow for a greater distance between spectators and the railroad.
    A soccer/track facility has been discussed on this board and elsewhere.

As for the idea of building softball at the NW corner of the intersection (where the current track is located), Tommy said in the release that repairs to the track would begin soon. So it appears the track will remain in its current location.

Put softball at or near the old baseball location.

IMG_20190730_204202.jpg

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Put softball at or near the old baseball location.

Attachment 14439
    This is a cool photo. DFM tweeted it on Twitter. Said it was from 1950.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    This is a cool photo. DFM tweeted it on Twitter. Said it was from 1950.
    I had cropped it from a screenshot and posted it to BTB. If you are interested in seeing the rest of campus, Ruston, and Lincoln parish...I pulled it from here... http://webserv.lincolnparish.org/gisviewer/ Just pick the 1955/1949 Aerial layer. It is really cool to see Ruston pre-I20 and pre-Tech Drive.

Interesting to see a huge creek under the current Love Shack site.

+ Reply to Thread