+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Trouble in Syria and Iraq

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Trouble in Syria and Iraq

So-called "cease fire" set to expire today, in just a few hours from now. Iraq says US troops do not have permission to withdraw there. Not until we pay 'em a $billion+ anyway.

Turks set to resume all-out offensive...they claim in the 20 X 75 mile area along the border...but I doubt if Erdogan stops there. He will invent an excuse that the Kurds are firing on them from just outside the zone, and launch attacks. And if 25 miles, why not 30? And if 30 miles... Will be interesting to see when Assad will get nervous about the Turks being in Syria and "draw a line in the sand."

We should help the Kurds...if they will accept such help...to mostly withdraw back to their "keep" in Northwest Iraq, build a formidable defense with anti-aircraft capabilities, their own air force, and the economic means to care for themselves. Then withdraw and watch ISIS re-emerge and start terrorizing Syria and Iraq again, and probably Turkey too.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

In my humble opinion, all we could possibly do is to help the Kurds temporarily. Just like we can only help anyone temporarily. As soon as we leave any region, it will always revert back to what it's always been. Muslims will always revert back to the barbaric nature of all Muslims. War and barbaric violence is ingrained into their culture. Unless we're willing to animate them, there's no fixing that barbaric region. So, unless we're willing to stay forever, we should just get out and let those barbarians continue to massacre each other like they always have.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

For decades our interests in the Middle-East revolved around oil and Israel, probably in that order. Now we can add a third interest, the Kurds.

Thanks to President Trump the USA is energy independent and we're the #1 exporter of LNG. So M-E oil holds a less critical factor for us. Europe is dependent on M-E oil though. More so than us. I think we should set-up the Kurds, back in their stronghold of NW Iraq, just like we did for Israel. Make them a strong military presence such that attacking them will be suicidal, and most nations will leave them be. Other than that, try to forge whatever alliances we can, be that with Jordan, Qatar, and UAE, and Saudi Arabia if they will stop financing certain terrorist organizations, and get our folks the hell out of there!

FWIW, that's my opinion on the matter.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

Great discussion guys. Lots of good information here. My only comment is that I read and hear "would you send your son there" a lot. As the father of a US Marine I can tell you that we don't get to choose when they go. They go where the Commander in Chief sends them. Would I prefer that he never be in harms way, yes but this is the job he signed up for. It's a hard truth to come to grips with but you do. Where ever he is sent he will go and I will worry and pray that he comes home safely every minute of every day until he does and that will not change by any degree based on where that battle takes place.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    Great discussion guys. Lots of good information here. My only comment is that I read and hear "would you send your son there" a lot. As the father of a US Marine I can tell you that we don't get to choose when they go. They go where the Commander in Chief sends them. Would I prefer that he never be in harms way, yes but this is the job he signed up for. It's a hard truth to come to grips with but you do. Where ever he is sent he will go and I will worry and pray that he comes home safely every minute of every day until he does and that will not change by any degree based on where that battle takes place.
    Thanks for your sacrifice and his service and sacrifice!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    In my humble opinion, all we could possibly do is to help the Kurds temporarily. Just like we can only help anyone temporarily. As soon as we leave any region, it will always revert back to what it's always been. Muslims will always revert back to the barbaric nature of all Muslims. War and barbaric violence is ingrained into their culture. Unless we're willing to animate them, there's no fixing that barbaric region. So, unless we're willing to stay forever, we should just get out and let those barbarians continue to massacre each other like they always have.
    In all honesty, and I hate to say it, the same goes for many of the Asians cultures (China, Viet Nam/Cambodia area and N.Korea).

I'm still PO'd per Trump's decision on this one. I hope there was a better reason for it.

PENTAGON MOVES TO STOP ISIS FROM SYRIA OIL...

Does not know where escapees are...

Kurds: Turkey Continuing Genocide Despite 'Ceasefire'...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

A lot of rich peeps have a LOT of money invested in that war. Some play the democrat game and some play the republican game. Both are deep state corrupt politicians playing in the name of world peace that we all know will NEVER happen.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We should help the Kurds...if they will accept such help...to mostly withdraw back to their "keep" in Northwest Iraq, build a formidable defense with anti-aircraft capabilities, their own air force, and the economic means to care for themselves. Then withdraw and watch ISIS re-emerge and start terrorizing Syria and Iraq again, and probably Turkey too.
    I would vote for this.

Champ saltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timesaltydawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time saltydawg's Avatar

For decades our interests in the Middle-East revolved around oil and Israel, probably in that order. Now we can add a third interest, the Kurds.

Thanks to the Permian Basin and advances in fracking, the USA is energy independent and we're the #1 exporter of LNG. So M-E oil holds a less critical factor for us. Europe is dependent on M-E oil though. More so than us. I think we should set-up the Kurds, back in their stronghold of NW Iraq, just like we did for Israel. Make them a strong military presence such that attacking them will be suicidal, and most nations will leave them be. Other than that, try to forge whatever alliances we can, be that with Jordan, Qatar, and UAE, and Saudi Arabia if they will stop financing certain terrorist organizations, and get our folks the hell out of there!

FWIW, that's my opinion on the matter.
    Hey Buddy, fixed it for you.

"All roads lead to Putin" -- Thomas Jefferson

USA, USA, USA!! So was this part of the reason and plan of Trump's? Did he know we had this the head of ISIS in our gun sites when we pulled out of Syria? Or had we already killed the bastard?

Newsweek reported late Saturday that Baghdadi was killed
    during a special operations mission that President Trump approved about a week ago.

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi said to be killed in Syria, sources tell Fox

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi said to be killed
    in Syria, sources tell Fox

Fox News Flash top headlines for Oct. 27

Fox News Flash top headlines for Oct. 27are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com

A "high value ISIS target" believed to be Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi has been killed by U.S.-led forces in Idlib, Syria, a well-placed military source told Fox News on Saturday night.
    The U.S. military cannot yet confirm the identity of the deceased target.

But at 9:23 p.m. Saturday, President Trump posted a Twitter message hinting at "very big" news.

Newsweek reported late Saturday that Baghdadi was killed during a special operations mission that President Trump approved about a week ago.

BREAKING NEWSISIS LEADER BELIEVED DEAD

Well done OUR GUYS! And thanks to President Trump for ordering the operation.

I gave obummer credit for taking out Bin Laden. I posted back then it took some guts to send in the Navy SEALS when the safer thing to have done was to hit OBL's compound with a cruise missile. But, obummer and his advisors were correct to maintain that the world needed positive proof OBL had been killed. Then, I agreed with obummer's orders to dump his body at sea to prevent a place of honor being built at his gravesite.

I also give obummer credit for rescuing that ship's captain (Tom Hanks played him in a movie) from the Somali pirates. And the manner we did it. Navy SEALS's snipers took out the pirates with, bam! bam! two head shots. No remorse, no mercy. Cold, calculating termination of scumbag pirates.

But, what's this? Pelosi et al and of course the lamestream media are attacking President Trump for this accomplishment? They have no shame.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

But, what's this? Pelosi et al and of course the lamestream media are attacking President Trump for this accomplishment? They have no shame.
    They are upset that they were not notified which would have allowed them to notify the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They are upset that they were not notified which would have allowed them to notify the enemy.
    Yes, the traitor liberal/Dems would probably
    immediately fly to Syria or Iran to go cry and lick their feet.

+ Reply to Thread