+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Prediction

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2019 Prediction

7-5 or 8-4. That's just who we are.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    meh.
    Meh indeed

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I don't care about the conference championship unless we are in or almost in the top 25. Those games are really only about the TV deal.
    I do. We're in a conference. They're more or less our peers. The conference title should always be a goal.

Of course, we should want more - but the title still means something.

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

9-3. J'Mar will have a very good Senior season. Hardy will be a stud. New defense will be better than expected.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I do. We're in a conference. They're more or less our peers. The conference title should always be a goal.

Of course, we should want more - but the title still means something.
    Then why is attendance so low in most all the championships? If the game mattered people would show up. Playing for another big game like the Utah State game in 2012 is big. Playing New Mexico State in the final game during Thanksgiving week means/meant nothing.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I predict we will be just crappy enough to appease the people who make the decisions, but not good enough to satisfy the true fans, or actually maximize our true potential.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Had a friend say just today,”I know it’s sad, but I am already looking forward to next season just to see if we have any other QBs on campus. Sad when diehards can’t even get excited before the first snap.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Are we fans the only ones that see what’s going on with our programs?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Had a friend say just today,”I know it’s sad, but I am already looking forward to next season just to see if we have any other QBs on campus. Sad when diehards can’t even get excited before the first snap.
    The thing that is so aggravating is that Holtz refused to show the fans he had nothing better behind him. Fans watched Smith throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines for two years and acting like he really didn't care, but we are supposed to ignore that and our HC's smugness. Yep, Grambling (what a joke of a game) will have 15Kish (20K announced) coming off our 5th straight bowl win. Tailgating will be limited to only those who pay big money or get there by 8:00AM.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

The thing that is so aggravating is that Holtz refused to show the fans he had nothing better behind him. Fans watched Smith throwing temper tantrums on the sidelines for two years and acting like he really didn't care, but we are supposed to ignore that and our HC's smugness. Yep, Grambling (what a joke of a game) will have 15Kish (20K announced) coming off our 5th straight bowl win. Tailgating will be limited to only those who pay big money or get there by 8:00AM.
    There's nothing wrong with playing Grambling this year in our annual "FCS game". I'd prefer to play Grambling instead of Nicholls State, or some of the other FCS schools that we've played in the recent past. In fact, if I was AD, I'd probably set up NSU, Southern U, and Grambling on a regular 3-year rotation for our annual FCS matchup. It's good for our attendance, and it will keep us connected to the high school recruits in those areas. (Yes, I know Grambling is in the same "area". But that's beside the point.)

Skip Holtz's problems are all "on the field". He needs to tell us why he's one of the worst RED ZONE coaches in the history of LA Tech football. The fact that LA Tech can't score points is the MAIN reason attendance is so low. Skip Holtz couldn't score in a house full of prostitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's nothing wrong with playing Grambling this year in our annual "FCS game". I'd prefer to play Grambling instead of Nicholls State, or some of the other FCS schools that we've played in the recent past. In fact, if I was AD, I'd probably set up NSU, Southern U, and Grambling on a regular 3-year rotation for our annual FCS matchup. .
    Nothing special about Grambling. Attendance won't be good.

Here's an idea. If our AD wants to sell tickets, schedule a team our fans will show up for. They won't come for Grambling. That was proven when we gave them the game in Shreveport. Time to start the season with a nut cutter game like LaLaff or LaMon. We are just another Sunbelt level program anyway.

BTW, attendance was bad the last time with played Southern and NSU in Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Nothing special about Grambling. Attendance won't be good.

Here's an idea. If our AD wants to sell tickets, schedule a team our fans will show up for. They won't come for Grambling. That was proven when we gave them the game in Shreveport. Time to start the season with a nut cutter game like LaLaff or LaMon. We are just another Sunbelt level program anyway.

BTW, attendance was bad the last time with played Southern and NSU in Ruston.
    The key to good attendance for any such state school is not seeing them very often. Then it becomes more like an event, a happening, and both fanbases are more excited about it.

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The key to good attendance for any such state school is not seeing them very often. Then it becomes more like an event, a happening, and both fanbases are more excited about it.
    So part of the "key" to good attendance is expecting or needing a large crowd from teams like NSU, Southern, or Grambling?

Think about how sad that is for the state of our program. A program with 5 consecutive bowl wins has can't draw flies for a home opener. That's REALLY bad and it speaks to our leadership, coaching, and offense. We should be offering limited seating to FCS fans, not whimpering about how we need them to bring fans.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We have a better shot at beating Texas on the road than Southern Miss at home. I guarantee you Holtz already has that chalked up as a loss, and that’s just pathetic.
    6 regular season wins, if the stars align 7 wins. Just like D80 said, I always want Tech to win, but here lately I can wait until Sunday to find out. This is the least excited I’ve been about a season of Tech football in 25 years.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

First home opener I have missed in years. Don’t care about grambling, definitely don’t want to watch any FCS opponent at 2:30 in the afternoon, and sure as sh@t don’t want to see this offense, be even more offensive to the game of football than it was last year.

They may bring a decent number of fans. Skip should be glad it’s the first game because unless smith is 1000% better grambling would outnumber us a little later in the season.

+ Reply to Thread