+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/31 La Tech @Texas

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 8/31 La Tech @Texas

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    See. That’s just it.

“A given loss.”

We don’t even try to compete anymore. It’s a given loss. Why bother showing up? Forfeit the game and avoid injuries. You want to know why many of us don’t care anymore? It’s because we have seen competitive Tech teams and we know Skippy doesn’t care. So we take our “given loss” and start the regular season.

I’m looking forward to our 7-5 and a bowl victory! Can’t wait to see which bowl we pick.
    I think we were trying to compete just as hard as we did in any "body bag" games of the last twenty years - Miami, Tennessee, A&M (at College Station), Nebraska, Oklahoma, Florida State, etc. So yes we have no better head coach or AD or even Pres. Do you think we have better talent?

Maybe you can come up with 50 or 60 million to buy us a coach and team.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    <strong>We just put 14 pts on the number 10 team in the nation </strong>and held them to 42. From what I saw J'mar didn't have a lot of time and the RB's had no holes. As I thought years ago after we had lost to Tenn and Miami, Fresno (no. 17) wasn't in their league. Neither were we, but we beat Fresno. Texas was a given loss.
    <br>
    <br>
    On the 2nd and 3rd teams of the No. 10 team in the country, when the starters and other key contributors were on the sideline arranging their after game parties.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ah yes, the old budget excuse. Does Ga State have $50-60 million to beat Tennessee?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Texas outgained us by what, 40 yards? We had more first downs. But we had turnovers, and they put the ball in the end zone. Bad throws can be the QB or bad coaching and for us it is both. Fumbles are on the coaches cause a kid that fumbled last year is still fumbling this year. You have to design plays that get past the sticks and get to pay dirt. We don’t have either in our play book. We have played much more respectable games against other P5’s with equal or less talent. If this is the best we have, then we have to look to a slew of grad transfers next year or we are toast. This year may already be circling the drain.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

We’ve had a red zone problem for 3 years now. It doesn’t matter who we play against. We couldn’t score last year against UTEP at home, the worst team in the nation. Maybe one of the worst football teams in the last 20 years. So far, the pattern is continuing just like the last 3 years. Unless we make some scheme changes, 7 is the ceiling with 6 wins likely, which is quite depressing.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Ah yes, the old budget excuse. Does Ga State have $50-60 million to beat Tennessee?
    No but they have a more potent weapon.

They aren't Tech.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

First time in UT stadium since 1969 (UT 69-TCU 7) last night. I hoped I was going to see something different from prior years. Nope. Nada. Nothing. Same stuff we've seen since J'mar took over. I've quit going to home games. Only went to the UT game because I grew up in Austin and my kids gave me tickets for my b'day...and they went too. Sat next to a '71-'74 Tech player who could do nothing but shake his head. We left at halftime. Saw the handwriting on the wall and wanted to get ahead of the traffic. I never used to be like that. But I don't care anymore. Coaches wives were sitting close to me. Unlike years when I knew the coaches and their wives, and those wives were pumped and into the game, these ladies seemed bored and uninterested. Makes you wonder if that's the demeanor of the coaching staff too. I could go on and on, but the rest of you are much more articulate. I'm just done with this. May have to go root for ULM...at least they sell beer at the game and they seem to have a coach that has fire in his belly.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    No but they have a more potent weapon.

They aren't Tech.
    And they played the worse UT.

Champ tigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant futuretigtoo30 has a brilliant future tigtoo30's Avatar

Gonna be positive...Hebert and Stanley were special And the negative...Special teams suck. Positive...we will be OK with the remainder of our extremely soft schedule., and no injuries! Negative...too many blown coverages and kids yelling at each other. Hopefully it's a teaching moment.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

How 'bout that goofy looking hat our HC wore? He loves to rep our school doesn't he? Watching the game on a 60" TV and can't read what the postage stamp on his cap says.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    Gonna be positive...Hebert and Stanley were special And the negative...Special teams suck. Positive...we will be OK with the remainder of our extremely soft schedule., and no injuries! Negative...too many blown coverages and kids yelling at each other. Hopefully it's a teaching moment.
    We've had so many teaching moments over the last 6 years you'd think we'd have learned at least one thing.

I've learned one thing. Not to put too much effort into Tech sports.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Too hot at the stadium in Austin and too much walking to get there. I don't intend to ever go back to that stadium!!! The main thing I looked for at the game was: will the Dawgs give up if they get behind in the score???? THEY DID NOT!!! Our field goal kicker needs A LOT OF PRACTICE!! Big Disappointment!!! More practice won"t help J'Mar!! Start Elliot Westin for the Grambling game!!

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

https://youtu.be/1T3oOa2HV-M Full game.

Watching the "come on man", hands in the air as if "what's wrong with you" gestures throughout the game by J'Mar I think this has to foster a toxic environment on our offense. He missed CJ Powell wide open in the end zone and then makes a curving motion with his arm as if CJ was running the route wrong. (59:00 minute mark) A QB like Tua or others would be pointing to themselves as to say "that's on me". This attitude answers why as a Senior QB1, he is not voted by his teammates as a captain. This attitude should have been "adjusted" by the HC long ago.

Second, is Skip actually calling the plays? Why do we even have an OC?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Too hot at the stadium in Austin and too much walking to get there. I don't intend to ever go back to that stadium!!! The main thing I looked for at the game was: will the Dawgs give up if they get behind in the score???? THEY DID NOT!!! Our field goal kicker needs A LOT OF PRACTICE!! Big Disappointment!!! More practice won"t help J'Mar!! Start Elliot Westin for the Grambling game!!
    Start Elliott? You must be new here 70! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    https://youtu.be/1T3oOa2HV-M Full game.

Watching the "come on man", hands in the air as if "what's wrong with you" gestures throughout the game by J'Mar I think this has to foster a toxic environment on our offense. He missed CJ Powell wide open in the end zone and then makes a curving motion with his arm as if CJ was running the route wrong. (59:00 minute mark) A QB like Tua or others would be pointing to themselves as to say "that's on me". This attitude answers why as a Senior QB1, he is not voted by his teammates as a captain. This attitude should have been "adjusted" by the HC long ago.

Second, is Skip actually calling the plays? Why do we even have an OC?
    His attitude became a problem after the Arkansas game in which he proved that he could run the same 6 plays over and over with success against a pretty mediocre team. Only way to fix that would have been to bench him when he sucked in his first start as a sophomore.

+ Reply to Thread