+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/31 La Tech @Texas

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Re: 8/31 La Tech @Texas

"One game does not a season make" (repeat as necessary until you believe it). I think we have a chance to win more games than we lose the rest of the way. There were several things that didn't sit well with me about the game, but the #1 thing I detest is how J'Mar makes it appear every incomplete pass is the fault of the receiver. And maybe it is. I don't know, but it would tick me off if I was a receiver to have the QB make hand gestures and facial expressions which make it appear the incompletion was all my fault. And why Tech continues to run the delayed handoff continues to boggle my mind. Please tear that page out of the playbook.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

1. After 4 years and some quality WR’s the one common denominator is Smith. Nothing ever seems his fault and I bet a few of them along the have said something to him, but he is the coaches rockstar. If the coach allows the behavior it wasn’t going to change and now it’s way to late.

2. We continue to run the delayed hand off and get our RB’s an accumulation of unnecessary hits, simply because our coach wants to run the play and refuses to admit he is wrong..... wait a minute... a coach that refuses to admit he is part of the problem and make adjustments, just spent 4 years with a QB that does the same thing.

They are just one free handy under the blanket, at the team picnic from being couple of the decade.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

3 years of our QB refusing to pull the ball out of the RB's arms. Our RBs and OLine get the blame for our QB not being able to make reads.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The morning after makes it abundantly clear, the only games Tech will win will be against teams with lesser talent and coaching not good enough to make up for it. As hard as it is to believe there are coaches less capable than Holtz. Any team with similar talent and a good coach will beat Tech. There’s no part of the current Tech team that is even half way competitive. That includes our so called highly touted defensive secondary. As skilled as they be they’re made inept by a built in defeatist defensive system and strategy. As things stand now this season has the potential to be a disastrous implosion. It’s going to be very telling measuring ULM’ 31-9 win over Grambling against what Tech does.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My quick thoughts:

Last night was embarrassing! That is the key takeaway.
    We have no Red zone offense
    Plays were non creative - especially in the red zone
    Running backs were unable to do much of anything - not sure if Texas defense is THAT good.... I can remember one time there was a hole for Dancy. That is just my memory.

On the good side - J'Mar was better than I remembered him being last year.
    Defense will hold up better against the rest of our competition.

It was a horrible experience for me personally, since I have a ton of UT friends. EMBARRASSING!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the delayed handoff causes our offensive line to not fire off the ball and create a hold. If you think the runner won’t be taking the handoff for a beat and a half, do you really engage properly?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I think the delayed handoff causes our offensive line to not fire off the ball and create a hold. If you think the runner won’t be taking the handoff for a beat and a half, do you really engage properly?
    Agree! It's called "zone blocking". Hard to fire off in zone blocking.

Also, it's unbelievably simply to defend against when you know 1) Tech doesn't have another running play 2) the QB will never keep the ball.

Seems to me that Tech has run off any other coach that tried to install a option offense, but, that is exactly what the delayed hand off is, the QB reading whether to keep the ball or let the RB keep it, hence the delay.
    This play, by itself, is a HUGE slap in the face to all of Tech's past glorious offensive history.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

You’re exactly right, first off it’s a lazy approach to a forceful running game. Second, it’s in the hands of a ‘risk no injury coached QB’. J’Mar is not going to pull the ball and run except about every 3rd game. I’m not even sure if this play has a pass option because I don’t recall seeing it. Without a tightend to brush block and release behind the linebackers, I doubt it. J’Mar isn’t talented enough to read and throw a complicated ball handling, defense reading quick pass place down field.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

BTW, we completed a forward pass for a loss on 4th and 1. That's almost impossible.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    BTW, we completed a forward pass for a loss on 4th and 1. That's almost impossible.
    Most of JMar's passes don't even travel beyond the LOS

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

We just put 14 pts on the number 10 team in the nation and held them to 42. From what I saw J'mar didn't have a lot of time and the RB's had no holes. As I thought years ago after we had lost to Tenn and Miami, Fresno (no. 17) wasn't in their league. Neither were we, but we beat Fresno. Texas was a given loss.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Highlights from Stadium. Our two TDs were well throw; the fade to Malik Stanley and the other to Hebert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJAqCuNYMWI

I’m of the opinion that both of J’Mar’s TD passes were poorly thrown. The defense just didn’t see the ball in time to prevent the catch. Both balls were under thrown.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    We just put 14 pts on the number 10 team in the nation and held them to 42. From what I saw J'mar didn't have a lot of time and the RB's had no holes. As I thought years ago after we had lost to Tenn and Miami, Fresno (no. 17) wasn't in their league. Neither were we, but we beat Fresno. Texas was a given loss.
    See. That’s just it.

“A given loss.”

We don’t even try to compete anymore. It’s a given loss. Why bother showing up? Forfeit the game and avoid injuries. You want to know why many of us don’t care anymore? It’s because we have seen competitive Tech teams and we know Skippy doesn’t care. So we take our “given loss” and start the regular season.

I’m looking forward to our 7-5 and a bowl victory! Can’t wait to see which bowl we pick.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    See. That’s just it.

“A given loss.”

We don’t even try to compete anymore. It’s a given loss. Why bother showing up? Forfeit the game and avoid injuries. You want to know why many of us don’t care anymore? It’s because we have seen competitive Tech teams and we know Skippy doesn’t care. So we take our “given loss” and start the regular season.

I’m looking forward to our 7-5 and a bowl victory! Can’t wait to see which bowl we pick.
    Only the conference champ gets to pick though.

+ Reply to Thread