+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Student Attendance - Newest Deterrent

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Re: Student Attendance - Newest Deterrent

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    they said they hope scanning the barcode works faster than swiping each id.
    This will give security more time to frisk each student for alkeehawl....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

When we had good student attendance all they did was show their ID. Who cares if 10% of those are beating the system? We continue to fix problems we don't have and ignore the most glaring ones

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    When we had good student attendance all they did was show their ID. Who cares if 10% of those are beating the system? We continue to fix problems we don't have and ignore the most glaring ones
    Are you saying we are a university of liberals? I feel dirty all the sudden.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

This is not near the problem you want it to be. Its how people get into a lot of events now, they won’t mind as long as they know its happening.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Big Dog LTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the roughLTUIronDawg is a jewel in the rough LTUIronDawg's Avatar

Kids and technology man. It’s the future.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    A small group of students came into the office today and I asked them if they heard anything about this. 3 of the 5 said they have heard about it the other 2 don't like sports of any kind so they don't care. I asked is this something they have a problem with. They said that they already do this for concerts and movies so its fine with them. they said they hope scanning the barcode works faster than swiping each id.
    I agree, this is not a big deal. People (yes, including me) use their hand held devices to access and pay for just about everything these days. For example, when I visit a shop or a restaurant these days that doesn't accept "ApplePay", I don't like it at all. Applepay, GooglePay, et al...are about 100 times more secure than using a live credit card to pay for things. Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that LA Tech has taken a proactive stance on some of this technology.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree, this is not a big deal. People (yes, including me) use their hand held devices to access and pay for just about everything these days. For example, when I visit a shop or a restaurant these days that doesn't accept "ApplePay", I don't like it at all. Applepay, GooglePay, et al...are about 100 times more secure than using a live credit card to pay for things. Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised to see that LA Tech has taken a proactive stance on some of this technology.
    Yes, it is a huge deal and you'll see it when you look at even fewer students on the east side.

It would be proactive if it were an option to getting into the game. You don't mandate to a dwindling group of attendees. You do things that will actually encourage them to come.

When this mandate was discussed the question was never: How can we get more students to the game? The question was: How can we prevent some of the students from getting in free by using other's IDs

I don't have a problem with technology. I have a problem with our employees refusing to work to INCREASE student attendance.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

There was a time, as recent as 2016, that you needed a shoehorn to squeeze into the student sections. There was always at least 125% attendance vs. capacity between the 40's east side. Beginning in 2017 it began to ease, to now, I would guess it's closer to 75% attendance vs. capacity, 1st Qtr, dropping below 40% at halftime, to barely 25% by game's end. By mid-season this year, if there is no improvement in the product on the field, i.e. QB play, it'll be down to 50% at kickoffs.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Yes, it is a huge deal and you'll see it when you look at even fewer students on the east side.

It would be proactive if it were an option to getting into the game. You don't mandate to a dwindling group of attendees. You do things that will actually encourage them to come.

When this mandate was discussed the question was never: How can we get more students to the game? The question was: How can we prevent some of the students from getting in free by using other's IDs

I don't have a problem with technology. I have a problem with our employees refusing to work to INCREASE student attendance.
    You and I both know that If the product on the field is worth a damn, the students will attend. If not, they won't. It's that simple.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

In general this is the way business is done all over now, especially for the younger generations. But when you don’t have an attractive product, you find ways to draw people in, you never create any extra hurdles.

So on a normal year, it would be nice seeing us keeping up with the times, in our situation with the slowest show on earth, especially if we have certain player(s) suspended on offense its just another hurdle. It may not keep many away, but if it keeps any away in a year like this it’s bad.

Also, if we made the decision to keep up with the times, or because we invested in better wi-fi/cell services in the stadium etc. awesome, but I truly feel the decision was made with the mindset of catching/punishing a handful of students who were getting in with someone else ID.

Tommy makes decisions with the wrong mindset.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Wont matter. Anyone who went to the trouble of watching the game tonight will not be going to the trouble of going to a game in person.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Only because of the crappy start time of 2:30 in a brutal hot sun. This game should have been played at night.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You and I both know that If the product on the field is worth a damn, the students will attend. If not, they won't. It's that simple.
    True!

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

We aren't Notre Dame! A student idea, even a fake one, should be perfectly fine to get a butt in the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Only because of the crappy start time of 2:30 in a brutal hot sun. This game should have been played at night.

We already knew the Grambling game was going to be a low attendance game because of game time AND the students don't buy the "historic game" BS our admin is tying to sell.

I'm concerned about overall attendance by the students. It has been dropping since our leadership decided to to the stupid 8:00 thing and threaten the students if they get caught drinking a beer on campus...

No problem with some of our thug players getting busted for weed, but students can't have a beer before the game while tailgating.

+ Reply to Thread