+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Prep Season 2019

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Prep Season 2019

Stunner in Texas High School Playoffs. Look at the one-handed catch in the 2nd video down.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/late-td...texas-playoffs

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Great post and congrats on your son's year. I hope he get's his chance.
    thanks
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just back from N.O. ... Rummel 14 Catholic BR 10

Tough, defensive struggle. I am hoarse so it's difficult to type right now.... Yulman is a spitting image of Frisco. Has the large enclosed lounge, with wet bars, nice. Very nice facility, but no parking. That sucks big time. Crowd was about 15,000 or so, maybe a tad more, so don't know where fans would park if there was ever 30,000 in attendance.

As for the game Rummel won because of special teams. CHS had the better go statistically and controlled the LOS most of the night. They are very, very good. Nothing but praise and respect for the Catholic High Bears. I'll say this, IT WAS LOUD! Yulman was rocking!

So, 13-0, third state title in our history. Man, they are tough to come by.

Raider Pride ​!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Tough, defensive struggle. I am hoarse so it's difficult to type right now.... Yulman is a spitting image of Frisco. Has the large enclosed lounge, with wet bars, nice. Very nice facility, but no parking. That sucks big time. Crowd was about 15,000 or so, maybe a tad more, so don't know where fans would park if there was ever 30,000 in attendance.

As for the game Rummel won because of special teams. CHS had the better go statistically and controlled the LOS most of the night. They are very, very good. Nothing but praise and respect for the Catholic High Bears. I'll say this, IT WAS LOUD! Yulman was rocking!

Raider Pride ​!
    Congrats! Hope we get to sign one of their better players this year but I don't think I've seen one on our list yet.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF3VecAUWzQ

Kaufman is headed to Vandy. What a waste, he could do so much in Ruston!

BTW Tulane's baseball facility, Greer Stadium, is equally impressive. There was a broken water main in the adjacent neighborhood so the street fans would usually walk down to get to Yulman was flooded, so we were rerouted through Greer. I commented they did it on purpose just so they could show off the baseball stadium too. Tulane has the whole facilities thingy under control...

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Just back from N.O. ... Rummel 14 Catholic BR 10 Tough, defensive struggle. I am hoarse so it's difficult to type right now.... Yulman is a spitting image of Frisco. Has the large enclosed lounge, with wet bars, nice. Very nice facility, but no parking. That sucks big time. Crowd was about 15,000 or so, maybe a tad more, so don't know where fans would park if there was ever 30,000 in attendance. As for the game Rummel won because of special teams. CHS had the better go statistically and controlled the LOS most of the night. They are very, very good. Nothing but praise and respect for the Catholic High Bears. I'll say this, IT WAS LOUD! Yulman was rocking! So, 13-0, third state title in our history. Man, they are tough to come by. Raider Pride ​!
    It looked like a great atmosphere. Better than anything Tulane has produced in that stadium with the possible exception of this year's game with Houston.

I'm not sure about 15,000. The Tulane people say it actually has only 25,000 seats. Plus the entire upper deck was closed. Maybe 8,000 to 10,000. Still, it was a much better atmosphere than the Superdome!!!

Also, there is plenty of parking at Tulane. If you are on Claiborne all you have to do is go down Broadway or Calhoun to Freret Street near Devlin Fieldhouse. Then cut back through campus towards the stadium. You enter the stadium on the opposite side of the baseball stadium. The intramural field on that side of the stadium is the site of the old Tulane Stadium.

I'm still shocked that Catholic High kicked to Kaufman in the 4th quarter. Shocked!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Raider Pride ​!
    Congratulations!

Thanks for the parking tips there, should I ever attend another game at Yulman.

And thanks for the congrats.

Latest poll (and there are several such national polls) I saw Rummel is ranked 18th in the nation. I doubt there are 17 teams better than the Raiders, but such polls are what they are. Of course the only poll that matters is the state rankings and then really, who wins that final game of the season to be crowned state champion. Next Saturday Acadiana and Destrehan will vie for the 5A state crown. The winner will be a worthy state champion that's for sure. But...just as Rummel's title there will be something missing.

Stop the madness! Make all of 5A play in the same championship tourney. Just think what the likes of Rummel, Catholic BR, Curtis, Bro. Martin, Jesuit, St. Augustine, etc can bring to the 5A playoff mix. Would make even 1st round games WARS! As it should be, and as it was.

On behalf of Raider Nation, I'll say this: anyone, anywhere, anytime. Bring it on!

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

A
    C
    A
    D
    I
    A
    N
    A

W
    R
    E
    C
    K
    I
    N
    '

R
    A
    M
    S

Beat Destrehan!

Our household would rather be in the Dome tonight. BUT, we're not.
    Acadiana vs. Destrehan should be a good game.

With all the free time, I was able to finish my boy's senior highlights video.
    Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/wzCh5Vw-95k
    <font face="Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif">https://youtu.be/wzCh5Vw-95k

Congrats to all the champions.

Watched most of the Karr- Warren Easton game and all of the Acadiana-Destrehan game. First, the 4A game. That was a fun game to watch. Karr has won four straight titles now, so I guess it's time for the other 4A public schools to sue them and kick them into the non-public school purgatory where all the successful programs end up. It's not fair for one school to be this dominant. As for Warren Easton, second straight year they lost to Karr in the final game. Haven't won a state title since 1942...ouch! My Dad talked about W.E. as a powerhouse from his playing days with Holy Cross back then.

The 5A game...well, not particularly "fun" to watch, but one has to be a true student of the game to appreciate the nuances. The Rams were the better team, clearly, but shot themselves in the foot with untimely turnovers and penalties. Final could have been something like 28-0 had the Rams played a clean game. But, give some credit to Destrehan's defense. They bent, but didn't break. They created opportunities for themselves by being stubborn, and Acadiana accommodated them by putting the ball on the turf twice in the red zone.

Defense wins championships, and that was on display in that game. But just to reach a title game requires good D. So it shouldn't come as any surprise that the 5A, like the Division 1 championship game, was dominated by defense. Destrehan would never have reached the Dome if they didn't have a good defense.

Now, wouldn't you love to see Rummel vs Acadiana next Saturday? I would! Would be a tough, hard-fought game for sure. Love the way Acadiana's OL fires off the ball. Very impressive. Gives DC's nightmares. Rummel would need our A+ game to win...but, that's the way it should be at this level. This is LOUISIANA high school football at the highest level. It's not supposed to be easy.

But, for now, congrats to the Rams.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Acadiana definitely had a bunch of mistakes. The redzone fumbles you mentioned. Another turnover on downs at the goal line. They had horrible pass that was intercepted down on the Destrahan end. A stupid penalty on an unnecessary block that took away a TD.

Acadiana was fortunate though that Destrahan couldn't connect on some of their passes. They had several plays where the AHS cornerback was beat, but the throw was off or the ball was dropped. Destrahan was also slow to go to their Alabama commit RB. Overall, the defense did the job though. Acadiana stuck to a plan. I would guess they ran the dive, or a variation of, 80% of the time.

Destrahan looked like a bunch of 20 yr old college players. Thank goodness they didn't all play like college players.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

I heard on the radio that they were forced to play with new balls because of a sponsorship deal. The balls were hard and slick.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    The balls were hard and slick.
    too easy

+ Reply to Thread