+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Prep Season 2019

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Prep Season 2019

Is $500K the "going rate for two days rental? Non-rental expenses would be for cleanup, security, etc.?

It sounded like politics got involved in costs here, but I'm assuming the rates for the non-select schools is the same?

Final question...what was the rate for two days five years ago?
    "eye fo an eye and toof fo a toof" - Idiot in Missouri

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Correct. They're leaving the Dome for sites like Tulane and ULL. Dome rental for 9 games had reached $500,000. Non-rental expenses were more than $200,000. A total cost of more than $700,000.

In July the select schools formed the LSA - The Louisiana Select Association. In future years they will sell their own sponsorships. I think it's pretty clear that they will eventually control enough of the pie to where the non-select schools will have to leave the Dome, as well. It just won't be affordable.
    So, how is the site determined? The highest remaining seed gets the choice? If it's a New Orleans area school Tulane's Yulman Stadium would be a good choice, with Tad Gormley also a possibility. What if it's Byrd, then Indy Stadium? (not that it's likely to be Byrd this go-around).

Back in the day...the 1970's...the highest remaining seed hosted the championship game at their regular homefield. So, nothing new here.

Administrator & 2006 Men's Progressive Bracket Champion Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Is $500K the "going rate for two days rental? Non-rental expenses would be for cleanup, security, etc.?

It sounded like politics got involved in costs here, but I'm assuming the rates for the non-select schools is the same?

Final question...what was the rate for two days five years ago?
    I know that very few of the schools below AAAA make money on a Dome trip

Our last trip in 2017 vs Logansport we cashed a check for less than $10,000 (I want to say it was $9,730)

I know that a school can rent JAS for less than $3,000 for a day
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread