+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Prep Season 2019

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Prep Season 2019

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I heard on the radio that they were forced to play with new balls because of a sponsorship deal. The balls were hard and slick.
    They have to play with Baden ball in the state championships - all perennial powers recognize this and most use that ball during the season or have a "muddied set" solely for this purpose once they reach the play-offs incase they make it as far as the Dome....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Congrats to all the champions.

Watched most of the Karr- Warren Easton game and all of the Acadiana-Destrehan game. First, the 4A game. That was a fun game to watch. Karr has won four straight titles now, so I guess it's time for the other 4A public schools to sue them and kick them into the non-public school purgatory where all the successful programs end up. It's not fair for one school to be this dominant. As for Warren Easton, second straight year they lost to Karr in the final game. Haven't won a state title since 1942...ouch! My Dad talked about W.E. as a powerhouse from his playing days with Holy Cross back then.

The 5A game...well, not particularly "fun" to watch, but one has to be a true student of the game to appreciate the nuances. The Rams were the better team, clearly, but shot themselves in the foot with untimely turnovers and penalties. Final could have been something like 28-0 had the Rams played a clean game. But, give some credit to Destrehan's defense. They bent, but didn't break. They created opportunities for themselves by being stubborn, and Acadiana accommodated them by putting the ball on the turf twice in the red zone.

Defense wins championships, and that was on display in that game. But just to reach a title game requires good D. So it shouldn't come as any surprise that the 5A, like the Division 1 championship game, was dominated by defense. Destrehan would never have reached the Dome if they didn't have a good defense.

Now, wouldn't you love to see Rummel vs Acadiana next Saturday? I would! Would be a tough, hard-fought game for sure. Love the way Acadiana's OL fires off the ball. Very impressive. Gives DC's nightmares. Rummel would need our A+ game to win...but, that's the way it should be at this level. This is LOUISIANA high school football at the highest level. It's not supposed to be easy.

But, for now, congrats to the Rams.
    You mentioning Warren Easton made me remember this site below from 14-0 Productions. It's a fun site because it gives you a lot of info about the number of state titles and state runner-ups each Louisiana school has earned since 1921. It also has interesting info on Louisiana's state MVP's, Coaches of the Year, and much more.

I believe Warren Easton won Louisiana's very first state championship game over Minden, in 1921. W Easton won another state title in 1942, and hasn't won one sense. Talk about a draught, LOL! They have been state runner-up 7 times though, including in 2014, 2018 & 2019.

Edna Karr has won 6 state titles (1993, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019) and 6 state runner-ups (1995, 1999, 2010, 2011, 2013 & 2015).

You might enjoy this site. (I know, TWSS)

http://www.14-0productions.com/football-champions.html

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    too easy
    LOL! I agree.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Thanks HD, that's a great site.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

It's a very good site -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

C. E. Byrd is 12th with 7 titles... (nobody on this board was old enough to remember the last one - probably)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Love the historical information. Brings back so many awesome memories of my Dad who was a walking enclyopedia of sports' history, including Louisiana high school football. My Dad played for Holy Cross, graduated in 1943 and then went straight into the Army Air Corps and sent to the Pacific to fight the Japs. He would take my brother and I to Tad Gormley every Friday night to support his HC Tigers. His knowledge of the "old days" when he would talk about powerhouses like Warren Easton, Fortier, St. Aloysius (which became Brother Martin, combined with Cor Jesu). My grandmother was a cheerleader for Bogalusa, her high school alma mater. I remember the light-hearted banter between my Dad and his mother when Holy Cross played Bogalusa in the state playoffs one year.

Then we would go see Tulane play on Saturdays.

One of the best things you can do with your kids, especially boys, is share experiences like this. Some of the fondest memories I have are the goofy/humorous comments my Dad would make. But, he was also chock full of football knowledge.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Love the historical information. Brings back so many awesome memories of my Dad who was a walking enclyopedia of sports' history, including Louisiana high school football. My Dad played for Holy Cross, graduated in 1943 and then went straight into the Army Air Corps and sent to the Pacific to fight the Japs. He would take my brother and I to Tad Gormley every Friday night to support his HC Tigers. His knowledge of the "old days" when he would talk about powerhouses like Warren Easton, Fortier, St. Aloysius (which became Brother Martin, combined with Cor Jesu). My grandmother was a cheerleader for Bogalusa, her high school alma mater. I remember the light-hearted banter between my Dad and his mother when Holy Cross played Bogalusa in the state playoffs one year.

Then we would go see Tulane play on Saturdays.

One of the best things you can do with your kids, especially boys, is share experiences like this. Some of the fondest memories I have are the goofy/humorous comments my Dad would make. But, he was also chock full of football knowledge.
    Bogalusa had a few great teams in the early 70’s. I went to East Jefferson my first two years of HS ( our QB was Mike Miley the future LSoo Qb) and they beat us in the playoffs in stinky town Bogalusa (pulp wood).

"Bogalusa, Bogalusa...rah! rah! ree!
    Kick 'em in the knee!
    Bogalusa, Bogalusa...rah! rah! rass!
    Kick 'em...in the other knee!

According to my grandmother this was part of a cheer they did.

Mike Miley was a good one. Killed in a one-vehicle accident as I recall.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

"Bogalusa, Bogalusa...rah! rah! ree!
    Kick 'em in the knee!
    Bogalusa, Bogalusa...rah! rah! rass!
    Kick 'em...in the other knee!

According to my grandmother this was part of a cheer they did.

Mike Miley was a good one. Killed in a one-vehicle accident as I recall.
    Yes, he played MLB after finishing at lsuu and was on Christmas vacation in BR. He took a corner way to fast with the existing road conditions.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Warhorses get another championship

8 now for Coach Smith

Round ball

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Warhorses get another championship

8 now for Coach Smith

Round ball
    You referring to Peabody?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

You referring to Peabody?
    He is referring to Peabody. They came from behind to beat Breaux Bridge. Peabody coach Charles Smith now has 1,074 career wins.

St. Thomas More captured the Division II state title and their coach Danny Broussard now has 1,021 career wins. Two of the top 8 active coaches nationally in career wins.

Charles Smith has talked about retiring. I believe he is about 70. Danny Broussard is about 60 and might be coaching at STM for another decade or more.

I met Coach Smith when he was inducted into the Louisiana Sports HoF which I found curious since he's still actively coaching. But, true, he has already earned the induction, no reason to wait I suppose.

+ Reply to Thread