+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Apathy

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Apathy

I am so apathetic that I can't find the game on any device I have and I'm not going to follow it in the game thread like I have in years past.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I am so apathetic that I can't find the game on any device I have and I'm not going to follow it in the game thread like I have in years past.
    Fubo was pretty easy to set up. And you better bet I'll be here to bitch that's the best part of my week

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    #1 reason? Ya mean I have jumped over Hogdawg!? Hah, take that HD!
    I know. HAHA! The guy telling you that probably still lives in his parents basement.

Besides, if there's somebody here that needs to be "run off" the board, I'll take care of that.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    AAC?
    Fixed it.

Yes thanks.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I know. HAHA! The guy telling you that probably still lives in his parents basement.

Besides, if there's somebody here that needs to be "run off" the board, I'll take care of that.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    You are probably the #1 reason why people have vacated this once thriving fan forum. I hope you aren't this pessimistic in real life, if you are I feel sorry for those around you. The rest of y'all come on over to BTB, at least we can have real football talk over there. Leave negative Nancy here!
    Please bring yourself and some of your optimistic brethren to the board. Maybe you can show us how to put lipstick on a pig? If you think that any poster on this board is the reason for the lack of interest in Tech football, you’re either Tommy Mc, or you haven’t been paying attention lately. Did you watch the game today?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Please bring yourself and some of your optimistic brethren to the board. Maybe you can show us how to put lipstick on a pig? If you think that any poster on this board is the reason for the lack of interest in Tech football, you’re either Tommy Mc, or you haven’t been paying attention lately. Did you watch the game today?
    They have a special game feed that cuts out when Tech's offense or defense is on the field so they can't see the garbage play.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

As bad as Holtz is as head coach, as bad as his coaches are, as bad as the team is mostly due to bad coaching, the Tech fans are worse. Regardless of the heat, the attendance today for the home opener was poor and the stick with it after the Grambling band halftime performance was putrid.

What came first the chicken or the egg? What’s worse Tech’s fan support or Tech athletics.

Tech athletics is circling the drain and Tech leadership doesn’t seem to know it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    What came first the chicken or the egg? What’s worse Tech’s fan support or Tech athletics.
    Once again...

Tech Athletics is the only business in America where a lousy product is somehow construed as the customers’ fault.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Once again...

Tech Athletics is the only business in America where a lousy product is somehow construed as the customers’ fault.
    You did it again, Champ967. We agree again. That's scary......

Seriously though, after the poor product we've been fielding the last 2 years, I'm amazed that we have any fans at all.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The crowd was ok at its peak. It didn’t help visually that they had a great many people going underneath in the shade at a time.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

The apathy will be worse with the poor game day experience. The environment you must establish on game day--regardless of what happens on the field--must entice fans to come back. I can stand a loss if I have fun. The brutal heat plus the lackluster performance created a depressing atmosphere that will keep people away from future games. The student section was weak and the entire east side, after sitting in the sun for a half, left at halftime--including BOTH bands. Our stadium goes deathly quiet when the band is absent but I don't blame them. The second half was the worst I've seen for fan enthusiasm in a long time. No excitement at all. Felt sorry for the GSU band. After performing on the 151-degree turf, I saw at least four pass out as soon as they left the field. They were carried to ambulances and treated. Don't know if any were transported to the hospital. The GSU band loaded up and went home shortly thereafter. A Tech player went down on the sidelines just as the game ended. The entire EMS crew was working on him as the stadium emptied & he was transported.

Oh, and the concessionaires finally got up into the west side stands with water for sale with 5 minutes left in the game. Why not sell that stuff throughout?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The excuses being put out by the Admin is we had no choice. We HAD to accept the demand from CUSA to play the game against Grambing at 2:30.

No mention of how much money we got from the "invaluable NFL Network Package" deal.

My guess is we got zero money. IMO we got very limited marketing value from the deal, but those who think our SLC AD is actually capable of running a 20 million dollar organization will claim we got big time gains by being embarrassed on semi-national TV today.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Bullshit

Our Aad has no intestinal fortitude. Any idiot knew to push the game back - he could do it.

He allowed players’ and fans’ healthy and safety come into question.

Shame on TM and shame in Louisiana Tech.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    As bad as Holtz is as head coach, as bad as his coaches are, as bad as the team is mostly due to bad coaching, the Tech fans are worse. Regardless of the heat, the attendance today for the home opener was poor and the stick with it after the Grambling band halftime performance was putrid.

Tech athletics is circling the drain and Tech leadership doesn’t seem to know it.
    Fans who have bled blue and red with the school and teams, have had enough of an absolutely crap product and even worse athletic leadership.

People literally didn’t want to be hospitalized just to see Smith and Holtz do the exact same 3 plays they have done the last 3 years.

+ Reply to Thread