+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think our HC got shamed/asked about Baker playing LB so much last week that he insisted on putting him back where he belonged. It certainly paid off.

I think he might have dropped the mic on Dave when Dave asked him about this for the 3rd time in the post game. Dave was like "WTF are you DOING?" last week.
    Glad Dave got under his skin. At least someone we respect associated with Tech got to him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Both. I do feel like our D is starting to gel a little bit. How many times did BG go for it on 4th down on our end of the field? Of course, when they did try to kick, they missed it. I was cooking for a big family party and I could believe how many times they were deep in our territory, but didn't come away with points.
    Our offense needs to quit putting our defense in those situations. Three and outs hurt!

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Our offense needs to quit putting our defense in those situations. Three and outs hurt!
    In Holtz’s attempt to protect the defense, the futility of offensive play calling only increases the pressure on the defense to sustain constant stops. Look at these Tech drives against BG after Tech went up 14-7 on the INT in the first half and start of second half.

Start of First Half

2nd Tech Drive 3 plays - 8 yards Punt
    3rd Tech Drive 3 plays – 5 yards Punt
    4th Tech Drive 4 plays – 15 yards Punt
    5th Tech Drive 4 plays – 3 yards Punt

Start the Second Half

1st Tech Drive 5 plays – 19 yards Punt
    2nd Tech Drive 3 Plays – Minus 4 yards Punt
    3rd Tech Drive 2 plays – 16 Yards Fumble

Tech has way too much talent on offense for this to be happening. It is not a recipe for beating average teams, much less good teams. It does nothing to assist with game day entertainment value or attendance.

At the beginning of this season I decided to not make a judgment on this team and coaching staff until after the FIU game. It and the Southern Miss game will communicate the commitment made to addressing obvious problems from last year and improving the entertainment value to fans. I’m cautiously optimistic.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    It is not a recipe for beating average teams, much less good teams.
    I've got good news for you.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I've got good news for you.
    I see what you did there.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

In Holtz’s attempt to protect the defense, the futility of offensive play calling only increases the pressure on the defense to sustain constant stops. Look at these Tech drives against BG after Tech went up 14-7 on the INT in the first half and start of second half.

Start of First Half

Start the Second Half

Tech has way too much talent on offense for this to be happening. It is not a recipe for beating average teams, much less good teams. It does nothing to assist with game day entertainment value or attendance.

At the beginning of this season I decided to not make a judgment on this team and coaching staff until after the FIU game. It and the Southern Miss game will communicate the commitment made to addressing obvious problems from last year and improving the entertainment value to fans. I’m cautiously optimistic.
    You did a better job of presenting the counter point than I did. It's brutal to watch our offense. Of course the reason our offense is bad is listed below...

- OLine does not block
    - RBs are bad
    - Recievers drop passes.

Our play calling and QB are flawless.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Things absolutely nobody says.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

You did a better job of presenting the counter point than I did. It's brutal to watch our offense. Of course the reason our offense is bad is listed below...

- OLine does not block
    - RBs are bad
    - Recievers drop passes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yep...it's not either or.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Yes, as a lead in to the perceived problems I listed. Here's how the J'Mar and Skip fans word it...

"Is the QB play and play calling perfect? No, but we have big problems with our lack of RB depth, OLine blocking, receivers dropping passes, blah, blah, blah."

Why are they afraid to say that our coaching and play calling (Hello, we are about to run the ball!) are the problem? How can a 7th year HC not have depth at RB? Why has our Oline pretty much always sucked under Holtz? Dropped passes are magnified when only 20 passes a game are thrown and only 15 of those 20 are catchable.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Yes, as a lead in to the perceived problems I listed. Here's how to J'Mar and Skip fans word it...

"Is the QB play and play calling perfect? No, but we have big problems with our lack of RB depth, OLine blocking, receivers dropping passes."

Why are they afraid to say that our coaching and play calling (Hello, we are about to run the ball!) are the problem? How can a 7th year HC not have depth at RB? Why has our Oline pretty much always sucked under Holtz? Dropped passes are magnified when only 20 passes a game are thrown and only 15 of those 20 are catchable.
    Where have you read people defend the play-calling? I'm on here WAY more than I should be, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Where have you read people defend the play-calling? I'm on here WAY more than I should be, but I don't recall seeing that anywhere.
    Not here, on the radio.

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It's a Friday night TV game at the Joe. We all need to be in attendance. If anything we need to be able to boo bad offensive play calling.
    Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I am a teacher, I can’t afford to lose my voice like that!
    I used to lose my voice after nearly every home game yelling for the Dawgs. Didn't happen at all last year or at the Grambling game this year. I hope we get on track and start showing some offense and defense worth really cheering for this Friday. Mrs TD misses the quiet on Sunday afternoons.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tenacious_dog View Post
    Mrs TD misses the quiet on Sunday afternoons.

My wife on the other hand would make the entire navy blush with her language when it comes to TMac and our offensively offensive offense!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Start of First Half

Start the Second Half

Real good data, CD. Thanks for posting it. This info clearly illustrates why our offense is ranked #99 in scoring this year and finished last year ranked #97 in scoring. They can't get out of their own way. I suspect if you run a similar play chart for the 2nd half of the Grambling game, it will illustrate more of the same.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Just hoping a downpour from this storm doesn't hamper our passing game. Skip needs it to set up the run for a change.

+ Reply to Thread