+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

I am one of the few people who accept the situation for what it is. I personally feel we need to shrink our stadium to create a better experience. MLS did that and it caused an explosion in popularity.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

We've gotten a double whammy due to unnecessary fixes by our admin. I don't believe 40 year fans of Tech are staying home because they can watch this crappy offense and special teams on some sort of video device

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I am one of the few people who accept the situation for what it is. I personally feel we need to shrink our stadium to create a better experience. MLS did that and it caused an explosion in popularity.
    Take out the aluminum bleachers. If we ever need to expand, we could bowl in the lower level seats around the north end zone and tie in with the video board.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    We've gotten a double whammy due to unnecessary fixes by our admin. I don't believe 40 year fans of Tech are staying home because they can watch this crappy offense and special teams on some sort of video device
    I don't think you're wrong about that, but I do wonder what the overall effect is of our admin trying to install "big time" protocols to our situation. I can't speak for the attitudes (or number) of 40 year Tech fans, but I know a BUNCH of 40 year LSU fans that don't go anymore...and they have season tickets. They'll pick one or two games to go to and sell the tickets for the rest.

Pac-12 attendance on average was the lowest since 1982...that's pretty crazy.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's work to go to an LSU game. I assume most P5 Games are similar. Our guy is trying to do the same thing to a totally different demographic and he's too arrogant and/or stupid to see his work spiraling down the toilet. Saying this I think we are losing a small amount of attendance due to cost of product but a much larger percentage due to lack of respect or lack of knowing our fan base. The treatment of champ967 is the norm. I think our AD has almost completely weeded out this demographic.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's work to go to an LSU game. I assume most P5 Games are similar. Our guy is trying to do the same thing to a totally different demographic and he's too arrogant and/or stupid to see his work spiraling down the toilet. Saying this I think we are losing a small amount of attendance due to cost of product but a much larger percentage due to lack of respect or lack of knowing our fan base. The treatment of champ967 is the norm. I think our AD has almost completely weeded out this demographic.
    I totally agree with you! TECH admin. makes it difficult for those that want to be there. The $100 fee was stupid on tickets, and people just don't care that much to come watch an unexciting team. I have continued to get my tickets because my son loves to come, but it is easier and easier not to. He would have done better concentrating on working to get donations than feeing people and making them angry. I live in Benton, and there are so many kids going to TECH from the local area. TECH should be concentrating on adding to the fan base rather than squeezing current fans that already support the school, and pushing them away. It should be easy to be a TECH fan and support our school- it just isn't that way.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

No relationship is being built. Tommy isn't connected with the general fanbase, students, local community.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

The big 12 candidate down here reported 22k for their opener in the super dome. The homer radio guys say it was 2-1 moo state to leopards.

We are not alone in this but it doesn’t make me feel any better.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    The big 12 candidate down here reported 22k for their opener in the super dome. The homer radio guys say it was 2-1 moo state to leopards.

We are not alone in this but it doesn’t make me feel any better.
    Attendance will steadily decline in the coming years. Young people today just aren't as crazy about football as we were, and we're getting too old to sit out in 100 degree heat.
    Last edited by brtransplant; 09-04-2019 at 03:07 AM.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Another factor - TV timeouts that have made the game longer and interrupt the natural flow of the game.

The kids prefer esports to traditional sports. It is projected that esports will have more viewers than the NBA next year.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Another factor - TV timeouts that have made the game longer and interrupt the natural flow of the game.

The kids prefer esports to traditional sports. It is projected that esports will have more viewers than the NBA next year.

I have thought for a long time that it should go to split screen for commercials. Most of us record the game or pause it to fix a drink or go pee. Then we unpause and fast forward over the commercials.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The other solution is to reduce the number of called Time Outs if they don’t want to split screen the commercials.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Football isn't popular for 2 reasons. It's too damn political, and it's all about revenue.

It used to be about the game and who could play it the best, not being the best team who could sell the most beer for ESPN.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    No relationship is being built. Tommy isn't connected with the general fanbase, students, local community.
    I never ceased to be amazed when I observe our AD walk around at various athletic events and totally ignore his customers. The ultimate insult is to choose to ignore someone when in their presence. He does it all the time. He has been within 3 feet of me and behaves as if I am invisible to him. He refuses to smile or even nod his head. A hand shake and something such as a glad you are here and hope you enjoy the game should be a minimum expectation. Most of if not all his employees seem to mirror his behavior.

Successful businesses don't treat paying customers this way. He would better serve himself to stay away from the events. Fans could then falsely think that he cares about them instead of witnessing the truth personally.

+ Reply to Thread