+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Declining attendance is the rule, not the exception

I heard they announced 20/21 k

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

ULL's crowd looked fairly decent for a Wednesday game.

I was not impressed with the play on the field. Very Belch-like. Thought maybe Appy State was actually good, but they didn't look like a particularly good team. Maybe they just played down to the competition last night.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I heard they announced 20/21 k
    I'm sure that number is inflated by a few thousand, but even a crowd of 15K is good for a weeknight game at any G5 these days.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

". . .
    we have zero representation on the C-USA TV panel . . ." - Dawgpix

Is that rue and if so, why? As an engineering school it seems Tech would be a leader in technology.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by rabiddawg View Post
    I don’t know what else a school could do to get butts in the stadium. The big twelve candidate down here pulled out all the stops and still had a disappointing turnout.

$7 ticket to get in the game, free parking, cheap food concessions and cheap BOOZE still didn’t do the trick. Smh.
    I read where the attendance was 21+. RPers claim the official attendance was less than actual. Maybe that is true but they would be the only school that would under report their crowd.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    RPers claim the official attendance was less than actual. Maybe that is true but they would be the only school that would under report their crowd.
    I dont comment often on the mass delusion that is cajun fandom. But gosh almighty -- that's just absurd.

Those sobs would lie when the truth is a better story.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Is that rue and if so, why? As an engineering school it seems Tech would be a leader in technology.
    A leader in technology isnt necessarily a real-life leader. I've said this before, but ...

The problem with hospitals is that theyre run by doctors.
    The problem with highway departments is that theyre run by engineers.
    And the problem with colleges is that theyre run by professors.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    A leader in technology isnt necessarily a real-life leader. I've said this before, but ...

The problem with hospitals is that theyre run by doctors.
    The problem with highway departments is that theyre run by engineers.
    And the problem with colleges is that theyre run by professors.
    Yep! and they all should be run by an MBA. (as should many other entities, especially the public sector...)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I never ceased to be amazed when I observe our AD walk around at various athletic events and totally ignore his customers. The ultimate insult is to choose to ignore someone when in their presence. He does it all the time. He has been within 3 feet of me and behaves as if I am invisible to him. He refuses to smile or even nod his head. A hand shake and something such as a glad you are here and hope you enjoy the game should be a minimum expectation. Most of if not all his employees seem to mirror his behavior.

Successful businesses don't treat paying customers this way. He would better serve himself to stay away from the events. Fans could then falsely think that he cares about them instead of witnessing the truth personally.
    You are in the club.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are in the club.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharky
    I never ceased to be amazed when I observe our AD walk around at various athletic events and totally ignore his customers. The ultimate insult is to choose to ignore someone when in their presence. He does it all the time. He has been within 3 feet of me and behaves as if I am invisible to him. He refuses to smile or even nod his head. A hand shake and something such as a glad you are here and hope you enjoy the game should be a minimum expectation. Most of if not all his employees seem to mirror his behavior.

Successful businesses don't treat paying customers this way. He would better serve himself to stay away from the events. Fans could then falsely think that he cares about them instead of witnessing the truth personally.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    You are in the club.
    Great club and perfect week and season to harp on this one since some have such bruised egos.
    Seriously guys just walk up to him and introduce yourself and start to chit chat.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Seriously guys just walk up to him and introduce yourself and start to chit chat.

"Tell us of the accommodations in steerage, Mr. Dawson. I hear they are quite good on this ship."

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

This plays out like a silly tv bit.

A: “Why won’t she go out with me, she acts like I don’t exist.”
    B: “Have you tried talking to her?”
    A: “No.”
    B: Glances at the camera

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    This plays out like a silly tv bit.

A: “Why won’t she go out with me, she acts like I don’t exist.”
    B: “Have you tried talking to her?”
    A: “No.”
    B: Glances at the camera
    ok, since you're new here ...

Myself and others have tried "just talking" to Tommy McSnootyPants. We didnt like being talked down to, patronized, condescended, and belittled.

So we havent talked to him since.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    ok, since you're new here ...

Myself and others have tried "just talking" to Tommy McSnootyPants. We didnt like being talked down to, patronized, condescended, and belittled.

So we havent talked to him since.
    ...but he is VERY tactful

"got my tickets now go buy yours"

+ Reply to Thread