+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/7 Grambling

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/7 Grambling

How does one who does not drink, and isn’t going to start, wipe away the memory of such a bad effort?

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Repeated blunt force trauma to the head.... akin to beating your head against a wall. Which is exactly what it’s like, watching skip and his rockstars offense.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Not impressed with Diaco. The guy needs to stop being stubborn and let go of the 3-4 scheme.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Not impressed with Diaco. The guy needs to stop being stubborn and let go of the 3-4 scheme.
    The 3-4 scheme is a bend, don't break sceme. It is dependent on the opposition making a mistake and stopping themselves. Grambling's offense made Diaco's defense look like hell. Imagine what Marshall, UAB, UNT, and USM are going to make it look like.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by brtransplant View Post
    The 3-4 scheme is a bend, don't break sceme. It is dependent on the opposition making a mistake and stopping themselves. Grambling's offense made Diaco's defense look like hell. Imagine what Marshall, UAB, UNT, and USM are going to make it look like.
    Tech has run an attacking 3-4 scheme in the past (99-01 and 04-05). You are making the assumption that our sitting back and playing a read and react 3-4 the past two weeks was Diaco's choice.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Tech has run an attacking 3-4 scheme in the past (99-01 and 04-05). You are making the assumption that our sitting back and playing a read and react 3-4 the past two weeks was Diaco's choice.
    Yep. In theory, a 3-4 makes a lot of sense for a school like Tech, but you have to have the LB and a good NT. NT is very hard for us to recruit, but we've done it before. That said, I think our D would be about where it is right now regardless of what scheme we were running. Diaz is the only one who came in and we saw an immediate improvement...and clearly, he's a good coach. There were calls for Baker's firing every season up until Miami hired him.

Baker learning LB is probably what's best for his NFL prospects, but it's going to be a struggle for a while.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog SIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of lightSIC_EM_DAWGS! is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Our base D has been very vanilla which fits Holtz to a State "T". Very little blitzing and very much vanilla in coverage. There has been some communication issues in the secondary (less this week than last) which may lend itself to this. We can't go exotic until after players understand roles and responsibilities in vanilla. Having watched Diaco in previous stints I fully expect to see the playbook open up slowly but surely, I am much less concerned with Diaco atm than I am with Fitch. Against both UT and Grambling there were plays to be had but there has been zero evidence that our Offensive staff is willing to depart from the script. We play to film tendencies instead of live tendencies, and refuse to deviate from our gameplan. I'm holding out hope that we are hiding plays and creating looks to throw off our opponents but haven't seen anything in the Fitch/Holtz stay that gives me any assurance that this is what is going on.

I understand frustration with the rockstar and the o-line but a lot of that has been the positions they have been put in. We've ran far too many plays directly into the teeth of the defense with similar motions and sets. We have a handful of sets where we have only run one play when there should be one or two variants. UT made sideline adjustments and Grambling made halftime adjustments to key on the sets. After one or two attempts both defenses were charging hard when they saw the cues. Maybe it's just asking too much to have a true RPO action or a fake jet sweep when the other team has Safeties and LBers charging towards the line at the snap.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post
    Our base D has been very vanilla which fits Holtz to a State "T". Very little blitzing and very much vanilla in coverage. There has been some communication issues in the secondary (less this week than last) which may lend itself to this. We can't go exotic until after players understand roles and responsibilities in vanilla. Having watched Diaco in previous stints I fully expect to see the playbook open up slowly but surely, I am much less concerned with Diaco atm than I am with Fitch. Against both UT and Grambling there were plays to be had but there has been zero evidence that our Offensive staff is willing to depart from the script. We play to film tendencies instead of live tendencies, and refuse to deviate from our gameplan. I'm holding out hope that we are hiding plays and creating looks to throw off our opponents but haven't seen anything in the Fitch/Holtz stay that gives me any assurance that this is what is going on.

I understand frustration with the rockstar and the o-line but a lot of that has been the positions they have been put in. We've ran far too many plays directly into the teeth of the defense with similar motions and sets. We have a handful of sets where we have only run one play when there should be one or two variants. UT made sideline adjustments and Grambling made halftime adjustments to key on the sets. After one or two attempts both defenses were charging hard when they saw the cues. Maybe it's just asking too much to have a true RPO action or a fake jet sweep when the other team has Safeties and LBers charging towards the line at the snap.
    (Anyone) Who is really calling the plays? Fitch or Skip? Everytime I see Skip he's seems like he is calling the plays. Or maybe he's holding a Waffle House menu?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    (Anyone) Who is really calling the plays? Fitch or Skip? Everytime I see Skip he's seems like he is calling the plays. Or maybe he's holding a Waffle House menu?
    A Waffle House menu has more looks and flavors than our playbook.

To be fair though, both feature only one type of runs.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SIC_EM_DAWGS! View Post

This.

I’m less concerned with our defense than our “simple” (Holtz’s term) offense. It’s been vanilla for a reason. Either Holtz doesn’t trust JMar to make decisions on his own or he doesn’t think JMar is capable. I’m not sure which scares me more.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    This.

I’m less concerned with our defense than our “simple” (Holtz’s term) offense. It’s been vanilla for a reason. Either Holtz doesn’t trust JMar to make decisions on his own or he doesn’t think JMar is capable. I’m not sure which scares me more.
    Our offense is just fine when we actually run it. Put up good yards against UT. We suck when we quit being aggressive and try to bleed the clock. It’s been the case the entire Holtz tenure...not just the past two years.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Our offense is just fine when we actually run it. Put up good yards against UT. We suck when we quit being aggressive and try to bleed the clock. It’s been the case the entire Holtz tenure...not just the past two years.
    Except the delayed hand off. That is not just fine.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our goof ball HC just pulled his D.C. from under the bus when he said "he HAD to put in a new defense"

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our goof ball HC just pulled his D.C. from under the bus when he said "he HAD to put in a new defense"
    Cause our defense that has arguably the best set of DB’s in our history, a darn good sub for Jaylon, and a couple of other decent pieces wasn’t good enough as is.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

"Both Coach Dooley and Dykes have spent six years recruiting to this offense, and they’ve done very well. I love the passing game. I love the enthusiasm and the up-beat tempo.” - Skip Holtz | Dec 14, 2012

Man, we are far from an up-tempo offense.

+ Reply to Thread