+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 9/7 Grambling

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/7 Grambling

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Where does all of this fear originate with Skip? It seems his prime motivator is fear. With an overall mindset to "not screw up".

"Fortune favors the bold" especially in sports.
    Skip knows his QB is unpredictable.

I was thinking about our QB the other day. Interceptions have not been his bad trait. He has no feel in the pocket. Takes sacks and never knows when or if to run. I'm convinced our HC did this to him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

I was thinking about our QB the other day. Interceptions have not been his bad trait. He has no feel in the pocket. Takes sacks and never knows when or if to run. I'm convinced our HC did this to him.
    I know his highlight video was from high school, but he had great instinct just 5 years ago. That should only grow. It has not.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever feel he had, Skip coached it out of him. Someone else alluded to it, Skip has no feel for the flow of a game.

For example up 20-0 on Grambling, the right call is to kick a FG on 4th down to make it 23-0. But what does Skip do? Goes for it running a guy for the 6th straight play.

What’s ironic is, that in that position on the field Skip is going to kick a FG 9 times out of 10.

The guy is a loser.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Whatever feel he had, Skip coached it out of him. Someone else alluded to it, Skip has no feel for the flow of a game.

For example up 20-0 on Grambling, the right call is to kick a FG on 4th down to make it 23-0. But what does Skip do? Goes for it running a guy for the 6th straight play.

What’s ironic is, that in that position on the field Skip is going to kick a FG 9 times out of 10.

The guy is a loser.
    As I posted previously, have to give that GSU LB some credit on that 4th down play. But, yeah, 6 straight running plays means you are HOPING to pop one for a TD, I guess, but really you have gone into safety mode, not risking an INT, and are playing for a FG. Yet! after being ultra-conservative to preserve a shot at the FG, you toss that aside and not kick the FG. If you had designs on gambling, the 4th down try, then why not try a pass or two into the EZ in that series?

Holtz is completely lost out there. Just about every game he is out-coached (except in bowl games). He was out-coached by Fobbs, except I question some of GSU's play-calling. Such as that stupid fade on 4th and goal. As soon as I saw the play developing I muttered "Thanks Coach." (meaning Coach Fobbs).

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Which three?
    4 is ideal. But he would never. I appeal for the first 3 quarters in the hopes we can coast once Holtz takes over.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    What’s the point of an OC? Gotta have trust
    To give a friend an easy paycheck to be used for awesome vacations.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Which three?
    1, 3, & 4. OR 2, 3 & 4. Want Holtz out of the way as quick as possible, really.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Ive received an email with a promo code for tickets for the next game as a “thank you.”

It says you can enter the code or show your Grambling ticket at the ticket office to receive this promotion.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Ive received an email with a promo code for tickets for the next game as a “thank you.”

It says you can enter the code or show your Grambling ticket at the ticket office to receive this promotion.
    Interesting promo and probably a very wise one.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think we have to worry about casual fans coming back next week. High school football will be far more compelling. My kids will want to go with their granddad, otherwise our seats would all be empty.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Grambling loses to Alabama State to go 0-3

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

BGSU gets clobbered by Kent

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Grambling loses to Alabama State to go 0-3
    Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    BGSU gets clobbered by Kent
    How could this happen? These are very good teams!

I remember a season from few years back when the first 5 or 6 teams we played were undefeated when we played them.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

How could this happen? These are very good teams!
    Even national championship teams like Grambling and BGSU lose every so often.

+ Reply to Thread