+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech head coach*Skip Holtz*spoke with the media Tuesday in advance of the 2019 home-opener vs. Grambling State.

More...

Discuss it here.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

I can't get any of those links to work.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

"I was proud of our team and the way that they prepared and competed. I thought they belonged on that field." --LA Tech Coach Skip Holtz
    Competed? You call getting down 24-0 by halftime, and trailing 38-0 before we finally scored a single point against UT's 3rd and 4th string players COMPETING?? Have you lost your mind, coach? Competing is what you and your team did against South Carolina (lost 17-16) and Arkansas (lost 21-20).

What your team did against Texas was the exact OPPOSITE of competing.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I can't ever get the audio to work in Chrome, but if I open in Safari, it works.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

My bad. I thought by posting the direct links they would work without password.

Go to: https://latechsports.com/news/2019/9...pt-sept-3.aspx.

Scroll to the bottom where you will find: https://conferenceusa.box.com/v/2019-20Video
    Password: 2019-20Video

Actually, this will take you to the CUSA Box page. Find the Football folder, open that, and you will find the the Tech videos. I assume all of CUSA's press conferences are there as well.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Holtz = SOS. We knew he would bring the insincere post game BS. Did he also mentioned how good special-teams did?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Holtz = SOS. We knew he would bring the insincere post game BS. Did he also mentioned how good special-teams did?
    See, I think it's totally sincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    My bad. I thought by posting the direct links they would work without password.

Go to: https://latechsports.com/news/2019/9...pt-sept-3.aspx.

Scroll to the bottom where you will find: https://conferenceusa.box.com/v/2019-20Video
    Password: 2019-20Video

Actually, this will take you to the CUSA Box page. Find the Football folder, open that, and you will find the the Tech videos. I assume all of CUSA's press conferences are there as well.
    Thanks for this. I just watched Holtz's post game interview. A couple of take-a-way's:

1) Holtz seems to be as disgusted with Bailey Hale's performance as the rest of us. He brought it up on two separate occasions, and said he believes its inexplicable.

2) Holtz made one good point about J'Mar that I hadn't considered: J'Mar threw 54 passes for 340 yds against a Top 10 team, and only took one sack. That's a very good performance by the QB and our OL. And the receivers played well.

The failures in this game revolved around, 1) special teams, which were awful again, and 2) Tech's lack of a red zone offense. It's not that the team can't move the football...they can. They just can't score. From that perspective, nothing has changed. Holtz has simply got to figure out a way to spread the field in the red zone, and get the RB's --and the QB-- to be more successful running inside the 30 yd line. Personally, I'm starting to think we have a serious problem at RB.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Personally, I'm starting to think we have a serious problem at RB.
    That's what I thought looking at the stat sheet. That said, when I watched the replay, I didn't think that was the case. UT's front four were big, strong, and fast. It's the last part that I think our OL struggled with. We've got mountains at Tackle, but they couldn't keep up with UT's speed. On top of that, UT was sending 5 on every play from all different places. I thought Tucker and Dancy played pretty well. I'll be interested to see what they do against the rest of our schedule. That said, quick passes to Graham, Stanley, Hebert, and Smoke Harris are incredibly hard to defend. Smoke in the open field is very dangerous. Spreading it out to those guys SHOULD soften up the middle.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The delay hand off is the enemy's friend when Holtz is the General.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The delay hand off is the enemy's friend when Holtz is the General.
    For the life of me I don’t understand that play in that situation with a QB that’s going to keep it maybe 2% of the time. Until we get a package that we can run out of and throw, we won’t have a red zone offense. Teams know that we can’t run it, so we’ve got one arm behind our back. The only way we score is (a) playing a team that’s overmatched (b) a busted defensive assignment or (c) a play for a long gain that results in a score.
    Holtz, maybe look back at 2012 when we used the diamond formation for that very thing. Seemed to work great, and not a single team we played could stop it.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

https://youtu.be/9L7b6gLISgU

The first 5 scores all from the diamond formation. Two running and three passing I believe. In my opinion, it was and is the perfect red zone offense, because it’s balanced, and it’s very easy to run misdirection from, and at least one of your WR will be 1:1 on the corners. Plus you can legitimately play action out of it.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post

The first 5 scores all from the diamond formation. Two running and three passing I believe. In my opinion, it was and is the perfect red zone offense, because it’s balanced, and it’s very easy to run misdirection from, and at least one of your WR will be 1:1 on the corners. Plus you can legitimately play action out of it.
    Hot damn -- that was one helluva game.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post

Wow. This makes sad just watching this. To see how much the crowds were into the game the WHOLE game. Even when we got down early very similar to UT, you knew we were never out of the game.

The offense was fun and exciting. Cameron, Patton, and Dixon were a special crew.

Anyone who thinks we are doing good now should go back and watch this. This was Tech football. Not the crappy delayed handoff for minus 3 yards.

We used to be dangerous anytime we got the ball against ANY opponent.

+ Reply to Thread