+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    That's what I thought looking at the stat sheet. That said, when I watched the replay, I didn't think that was the case. UT's front four were big, strong, and fast. It's the last part that I think our OL struggled with. We've got mountains at Tackle, but they couldn't keep up with UT's speed. On top of that, UT was sending 5 on every play from all different places. I thought Tucker and Dancy played pretty well. I'll be interested to see what they do against the rest of our schedule. That said, quick passes to Graham, Stanley, Hebert, and Smoke Harris are incredibly hard to defend. Smoke in the open field is very dangerous. Spreading it out to those guys SHOULD soften up the middle.
    Our RB's only gained 73 yds on 26 attempts (2.8 yd avg). That ain't gonna cut it. And to PD's point, that "delayed hand-off" either needs to start working, or be totally removed from our playbook.

UT's front four may have a lot of speed and size, but AGAIN, they only sacked J'MAR one time all night, despite 53 pass attempts and 340 yds passing. THAT'S AWESOME. That's a true testament to our OL, and yes to our QB. But if our OL handled the Texas DL this well in pass protection, they probably played pretty well in run formation too (I'm guessing here).

So we're left with a stable of RB's who can't seem to help us gain yardage (on the ground) inside the opponents 30-yd line, scored no TD's in the game and had one turnover (fumble by Justin Henderson). We need a better performance from the RB's going forward.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Weekly Football Press Conference Transcript: Sept. 3 - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    https://youtu.be/9L7b6gLISgU

The first 5 scores all from the diamond formation. Two running and three passing I believe. In my opinion, it was and is the perfect red zone offense, because it’s balanced, and it’s very easy to run misdirection from, and at least one of your WR will be 1:1 on the corners. Plus you can legitimately play action out of it.
    That was a GREAT video. You should send this to Skip Holtz. Show him how what Bulldogs look like when they really COMPETE.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    https://youtu.be/9L7b6gLISgU

The first 5 scores all from the diamond formation. Two running and three passing I believe. In my opinion, it was and is the perfect red zone offense, because it’s balanced, and it’s very easy to run misdirection from, and at least one of your WR will be 1:1 on the corners. Plus you can legitimately play action out of it.
    THAT GAME is Tech football. You can mention to any A & M fan today, that you are a Louisiana Tech alum and there is respect.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

There’s something that team played with that I haven’t seen since that season. I don’t even know the word for it. Tenacity? Belief?

The first three TDs were a result of QP stemming up DBs (I don’t know if we have a receiver that understands how to do that) and a QB that can time passes (we don’t have that) and arguably the best RB we have ever had (and one can argue he was best as a freshman)

We need an offensive mind. Holtz isn’t it.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    There’s something that team played with that I haven’t seen since that season. I don’t even know the word for it. Tenacity? Belief?

The first three TDs were a result of QP stemming up DBs (I don’t know if we have a receiver that understands how to do that) and a QB that can time passes (we don’t have that) and arguably the best RB we have ever had (and one can argue he was best as a freshman)

We need an offensive mind. Holtz isn’t it.
    They definitely had a belief in the system they ran. I believe Hardy can be very good, but we've got to have someone to get him the ball. Smith isn't nearly the passer that Cameron was. You forget just how good he was until you go back and watch game footage. Doesn't he still hold the record for most pass attempts without an INT?

+ Reply to Thread