Just finished watching the replay.

The Good
  • Our offense moved the ball well between the twenties.
    • Smoke Harris is the real deal
    • WR corp is much better than last year (Stanley, Graham, and Hebert played big)
    • J'Mar looked more crips and I only counted 2 terrible passes (the pick six was the worst and missing Powell when he was wide open)
  • Jackson and Taylor were the bright spots on D. Both played fast and loose...that can be a blessing and a curse.
The Bad
  • Defense looked like they were lost too often (I attribute this to the new scheme...there's ALWAYS a learning curve and we're not there yet)
  • We got tight and couldn't finish on offense.
  • Some of our DEs that are not LBs really struggled in coverage. Didn't help that they were playing a very good team.
The Ugly
  • Special teams were abysmal.
    • We should be able to nail 43 yard FGs all day long.
    • We didn't punt much, but that was shaky.
    • I liked Harris in the return game...mainly because he called the fair catch when he was supposed to.
  • Skip said on Tim Fletcher this morning that he needs to go more conservative.
Texas looked like the real deal. I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat LSU. CUSA is down. We have the talent to win the conference. That doesn't mean we will, but I didn't find the scoreboard to be an accurate reflection of how we played. YMMV