+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LA Tech Survives Second Half Scare - latechsports.com

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Survives Second Half Scare - latechsports.com

Rock Star surpassed 7,000 yards for his career. All you doubters should be ashamed! By the end of the year, we will be mentioning J’Mar among the best to play for Tech....... okay, I can’t keep going. I tried to argue from the other side, but I started to get dizzy.

Didn’t Sokol and Driskel each throw for around 4,000 in their one season in Ruston?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Rock Star surpassed 7,000 yards for his career. All you doubters should be ashamed! By the end of the year, we will be mentioning J’Mar among the best to play for Tech....... okay, I can’t keep going. I tried to argue from the other side, but I started to get dizzy.

Didn’t Sokol and Driskel each throw for around 4,000 in their one season in Ruston?
    I think they were in the upper 3000s, and I think Higgins hit 4000 his senior season?

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Jmar topping 7,000 yards as QB is the same as saying if you live long enough you'll make it 100 years old. If you stick around long enough, it's going to happen.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

In 33 games Rattay passed for 12,746 yds 115 TD against 35 INT
    In 13 games Driskel passed for 4,033 yds 27 TD against 8 INT
    In 13 games Sokol passed for 3,189 yds 29 TD against 13 INT

In a minimum 35 games Smith has passed for a little over 7,097 yds 36 TD against 17 INT. He also has a minimum of 10 more games possibly 11 or 12 if we won the west and or go to another bowl.

So he will have 46 to 47 games and not get anywhere close to Tim. Give Sokol another 20 games at his 245 avg he ends up at 8100. Give Driskel another 20 at his 310 avg he ends up 10,233.

Give Smith another 11 at his 202 avg he will end up right at 9,300 yards with an extra 13 to 14 games played.

NOT A ROCKSTAR SKIP. NOT EVEN FREAKING CLOSE!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What were Luke’s numbers? Colby’s numbers? Higgins numbers? Higgins has the longest road of those last 3, but I would still call his Tech career a success.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The offensive geniuses giving him orders are not helping him out at all.

He isn’t Rattay, Driskel, or Higgins. But I think he could at least be Sokol or better. But they aren’t even trying.

We just had a game where he could have had 400 yards and 2-3 TDs but Skip wanted to do the ol’ run-and-punt.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

For every 400 possible game there is a game where he throws 3 in the ground 4 in the stands, 2 to the other team and waves his hands around like the receiver ran the wrong route on all of them, then shakes his head as he walks off the field after three and out like if everyone were as good as he was the world would find peace.

He may be a nice guy but he is an average QB and leader at best. Regardless of what offense is being called after 30 + starts you are what you are.

And Tech hasn’t recruited a potential/known/ranked star at QB in a long while, we have recruited guys that looked good and turned out to be even better for us. Part of that was the coaching but part of that was their personal make up.

He had almost 400 yards against kids that are wayyyyyyyyy down the depth chart for Texas. Rattay and the other guys may not have won a lot of the body bag games but they got their yards against the 1st string and on down. Plus I would wager that their schedules included not only the body bag games but games against more of the 50-75 ranked teams not the last place 112 teams like Smith has gotten to face as often. Every league has some dregs but CUSA has been pretty horrible since we got in it.

Skip is part of the problem no doubt but Smith has to answer, for his fair share. I think Sokol would have been better once he figured it out, if had more games. Smith ain’t never figured it out. Part of that 202 avg are the bad passes and plays he has made on the field.

+ Reply to Thread