+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 87 people....

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: 87 people....

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think Champ967 was talking about him moving the Arkansas game. Do you have anything on the Arkansas contract BVDV signed and/or the one our current AD signed? He never gave us an explanation, but somebody who looked at the contract told me we did it as a courtesy to Arkansas.
    Hmmm ... it occurs to me an Arkansas resident could probably obtain the other side of that conversation.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Hmmm ... it occurs to me an Arkansas resident could probably obtain the other side of that conversation.
    Maybe...just so you'll know, I heard it was a UNI-lateral contract.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Maybe...just so you'll know, I heard it was a UNI-lateral contract.
    Just to reiterate ... those jokes are only funny when I make them.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I was just reading that Texas didn’t even have AC in their locker rooms for either our game or LSU’s. Coach O had apparently talked to some of our guys and they tipped him off on that.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I was just reading that Texas didn’t even have AC in their locker rooms for either our game or LSU’s. Coach O had apparently talked to some of our guys and they tipped him off on that.
    Saw that. No class on UT's part. Kind of a chicken poop move really... now I don't see it as such a bad move for the LSU player to plant the LSU flag at the 50 yard line post game.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our fans concerned about our team not being able to "cool down" at the half...nothing worse than going from 99 to 70 to 99 in a span of 45 minutes. Try to focus on the enemy within (our HC and AD) instead of the guys who killed JFK

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I'm not sure, but I think Champ967 was talking about him moving the Arkansas game. Do you have anything on the Arkansas contract BVDV signed and/or the one our current AD signed? He never gave us an explanation, but somebody who looked at the contract told me we did it as a courtesy to Arkansas.
    Yes. The original Arkansas contract specified Little Rock as the site in passing. The addendum to move it to Fayetteville signed by T-Mac was short and to the point, with no mention of any reason or compensation. The only time in I have seen money change hands for any change of location or change of date, regardless of who was requesting it, was when BVDV paid UNLV $100K to move the game at UNLV from 2014 to 2020 (the move was made in July, 2013). We could afford that because Auburn offered us $1.2 million to play them on that date on such short notice.

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    Yes. The original Arkansas contract specified Little Rock as the site in passing. The addendum to move it to Fayetteville signed by T-Mac was short and to the point, with no mention of any reason or compensation. The only time in I have seen money change hands for any change of location or change of date, regardless of who was requesting it, was when BVDV paid UNLV $100K to move the game at UNLV from 2014 to 2020 (the move was made in July, 2013). We could afford that because Auburn offered us $1.2 million to play them on that date on such short notice.
    Thanks.

I'd like to hear your evaluation of us playing the A&M game in Shreveport rather than Ruston in 2012. I know we'd never have been able to hold the number of fans that were were in Indy Stadium that evening, but it would have been fun to try.

Looking back, there's no way BVDV could have staffed for that game in Ruston, but we missed a great chance for SRO.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

Thanks.

I'd like to hear your evaluation of us playing the A&M game in Shreveport rather than Ruston in 2012. I know we'd never have been able to hold the number of fans that were were in Indy Stadium that evening, but it would have been fun to try.

Looking back, there's no way BVDV could have staffed for that game in Ruston, but we missed a great chance for SRO.
    That's a tough one. At that point in time we were still trying to stock up on bodybag games and money was really the only consideration (see the next year where we sold a home game to Dallas). So in that environment, the extra 10,000 tickets that were sold probably was the right decision. There is also no telling what A&M was insisting on. The only problem I see with hosting in in Ruston would have been that A&M fans would have grabbed the tickets early and the 10,000 fans we would have missed out on would have been Tech fans or at least local potential Tech fans. So it would have been a crazy environment in Ruston, but probably an equal number of A&M and Tech fans.

If nothing else, I think it showed us our Shreveport ceiling was lower than we had hoped. 5-0, ranked 23rd against the #22 Aggies and we only drew 40,000 in Shreveport. I think that tells us that we would never under any circumstances draw any more than that unless it was LSU. It is probably that reality that had our administration pivot to focusing more on improving The Joe than looking to Shreveport for big games.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    That's a tough one. At that point in time we were still trying to stock up on bodybag games and money was really the only consideration (see the next year where we sold a home game to Dallas). So in that environment, the extra 10,000 tickets that were sold probably was the right decision. There is also no telling what A&M was insisting on. The only problem I see with hosting in in Ruston would have been that A&M fans would have grabbed the tickets early and the 10,000 fans we would have missed out on would have been Tech fans or at least local potential Tech fans. So it would have been a crazy environment in Ruston, but probably an equal number of A&M and Tech fans.

If nothing else, I think it showed us our Shreveport ceiling was lower than we had hoped. 5-0, ranked 23rd against the #22 Aggies and we only drew 40,000 in Shreveport. I think that tells us that we would never under any circumstances draw any more than that unless it was LSU. It is probably that reality that had our administration pivot to focusing more on improving The Joe than looking to Shreveport for big games.
    2 things - that game started LATE (It was scheduled to start at 8PM - IIRC it started even later) -and it was postponed from it's original August date due to Shreveport being shut down by Hurricane Isaac that never came to town.

Just imagine if we'd played them to start the season, before Manziel had a month & half under his belt.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    West side. Everyone in front of me had to pour it out or throw it away. I had three unopened bottles in a bag. The lady opened it, looked in, looked at me and said, “I’m supposed to make you pour it out.” I smiled. She handed me the bag back and I kept walking. Both of us knew it was BS on a day like today.

So it was YMMV depending on the bag checker you got.
    I have entered on the West side near the entrance for Section C at every home game for 14 years with a bottle of water in my hand and another bottle of water in my back pocket. No one has ever stopped me from taking my water into the game. About 7 years ago, I was made to pour out my two bottles of water before I could enter Turpin Stadium at NSU. I haven't been to one of their games since then!!!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    I have entered on the West side near the entrance for Section C at every home game for 14 years with a bottle of water in my hand and another bottle of water in my back pocket. No one has ever stopped me from taking my water into the game. About 7 years ago, I was made to pour out my two bottles of water before I could enter Turpin Stadium at NSU. I haven't been to one of their games since then!!!
    Who needs water when you can buy beer!? And, given that NSU is about to be 0-3 on three straight butt-whippings, beer is all anyone has to look forward to at Turpin Stadium.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Who needs water when you can buy beer!? And, given that NSU is about to be 0-3 on three straight butt-whippings, beer is all anyone has to look forward to at Turpin Stadium.
    Be like my cousin, her family, and many others from our state: just root for LSU. Either way, you'll be getting drunk.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Be like my cousin, her family, and many others from our state: just root for LSU. Either way, you'll be getting drunk.
    Yeppers! jump on the purple & gold bandwagon. Around Natchitoches it is sickening. There are so-called NSU people, grads/employees/fans/supporters, who are wearing plain purple, no gold or orange, and no logos, to "show support for the purple of both NSU and LSU." All one, big happy family! I can see why Demon fans don't want to draw attention to themselves, given the 100-0 whipping they could be facing. (I do know of a few diehard NSU fans who HATE LSU and will be all decked-out in orange, and purple...but they are the rare exception).

As an aside, I like Coach Laird at NSU. He's a fine fellow. I can't root against him. Hopefully, he'll get their season turned around...starting next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    The results of my records request were ... unsatisfying. The addendum to the game contract to change the venue does not contemplate any other changes. Not to the guarantee amount or anything. If Tech got anything out of the deal, it was kept strictly off-the-books. Some theories ...

1) One or more persons affiliated with Tech got caught behaving badly somewhere in Arkansas. This change in venue was a concession to make things go away quietly.

2) Somebody at the AD level or above received (or was promised) some other form of compensation or incentive that remains undisclosed.

3) Somebody at the AD level or above is a huge pushover without a lick of wherewithal to do what's best for Tech.

+ Reply to Thread