+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 87 people....

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: 87 people....

I know NFL Network chose our game and the gametime, but this game would have been better suited for 6pm & EsPN+.

Only other options for them were FIu/wku or MTSU/Tennessee St.

I hope the Conference allows schools in the future to demand that games not be played in the heat of the day in September.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I know NFL Network chose our game and the gametime, but this game would have been better suited for 6pm & EsPN+.

I hope the Conference allows schools in the future to demand that games not be played in the heat of the day in September.
    Even more so when it’s being played on turf. In 100 degree heat, the surface of that turf is BRUTAL!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

We were and continue to be told the NFL network chose our game...we didn't have a choice. I don't believe anything our athletic administration tells us.

What is C-USA gonna do if we decline? Kick us out of the conference? Take away TV money that isn't there?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

My son left the student section late in the first quarter telling me that side of the stadium was already out of water......... Can this be confirmed? If true, that is just pathetic. If not true, it feels like it would be true and is very Tech.

Long year

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    My son left the student section late in the first quarter telling me that side of the stadium was already out of water......... Can this be confirmed? If true, that is just pathetic. If not true, it feels like it would be true and is very Tech.

Long year
    East side below stadium was packed shoulder to shoulder, looooong lines, some people lying down wherever they could.

To our credit, there was a tent that was giving away free 12 Oz cups of ice and water during at least the 2nd quarter.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

Long year
    I got some water in the second quarter. They likely did run out but it was refilled with water and ice. The place was packed with folks trying to get water.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I got some water in the second quarter. They likely did run out but it was refilled with water and ice. The place was packed with folks trying to get water.
    They ran out of bottled water in the first quarter on the east side.

How can this happen?

Should have had 50,000 bottles minimum on each side to sell and/or give away.

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Wow. I’ve been worried about this all week after seeing the weather forecast. That east side had to be brutal.

Just watched the game on DVR, and it looks like the east side pretty much emptied after the half. West was in shade by then. I hope they let east side folks come over and sit in the shade. There were plenty of available seats.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Did Tech allow people to bring in their own water?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    They did not stop me - had my water in my hand. Also they had free water available throughout the game

Varsity Bulldog Bluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around hereBluebird has turned a few heads around here

Nope. I had an unopened bottle of water and was told that I had to empty it. Then, I was allowed take the empty bottle in and refill it. I chugged 16 oz. of water on the spot.

I did refill the bottle twice from the station set up on the west side. I just thought it was silly to be persnickety about people bringing in water on a 100-degree day!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Lady didn’t let me take in my bottle of water so I drank some before chunking the bottle into the trash. Then headed straight for the free water cups.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    They ran out of bottled water in the first quarter on the east side.

How can this happen?

Should have had 50,000 bottles minimum on each side to sell and/or give away.
    Saw Super1 water available. So . . . at less than 7 cents a bottle (price at store), all those bottles of water would cost . . . ? Not much.

What a great opportunity for PEPSI, the Tech drink provider, to provide some Aquafina at no cost . . . but great PR value.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I brought in a big Styrofoam cup of ice and Gatorade - they never batted an eye at me on the west side

Didn't see they stopping anyone...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Big Dog coop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud ofcoop1448 has much to be proud of coop1448's Avatar

Hasn't Blue Bell ice-cream always been given away at Tailgate? Ala: Blue Bell donated?

+ Reply to Thread