+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/14 @Bowling Green

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 9/14 @Bowling Green

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And UT.

Anybody who blames J’Mar for Grambling has no idea what they’re talking about.

Last year’s loss to USM was despite good QB play on our end. J’Mar outplayed Abraham that day. With adequate special teams, we would’ve won that game.

I have no issue questioning play-calling or men who make high six-figures. Constantly bashing a kid who has put up decent numbers despite terrible play-calling is goofy.
    I’m not bashing Smith. I’m saying there’s something very wrong with a team that has a 5th year SR with as much experience as Smith and a stable of talented WR’s that can’t score points. If you were going to create the perfect offense, there’s most of your ingredients right there, only our offense is far from good. I would say it’s not even average by CUSA standards. We should have beaten Bowling Green by 50+ easily. The talent gap was that wide, yet we struggled to get going. Why do you think that is?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not just the overthrows, underthrows, short hops, lack of touch, lack of awareness, or lack of decisiveness that gets to those of us wishing for something to change or for him to play better. It’s the fact that you can tell while on the field or the sideline that he has never felt that he made a mistake. Little humble pie would do him a ton of good.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    It’s not just the overthrows, underthrows, short hops, lack of touch, lack of awareness, or lack of decisiveness that gets to those of us wishing for something to change or for him to play better. It’s the fact that you can tell while on the field or the sideline that he has never felt that he made a mistake. Little humble pie would do him a ton of good.
    Agreed. It’s like the overthrow to a wide open Powell on the seam route against Grambling. He was Wide Open. He started pointing at him making crazy hand gestures like he ran the wrong route when everybody watching knew it was a bad throw. Own it and go on to the next play.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I rest my case. It’s not about his play, it’s about what you think he’s thinking.

There’s no suitable response to that. Y’all have fun.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

And UT.

Last year’s loss to USM was despite good QB play on our end. J’Mar outplayed Abraham that day. With adequate special teams, we would’ve won that game.

I have no issue questioning play-calling or men who make high six-figures. Constantly bashing a kid who has put up decent numbers despite terrible play-calling is goofy.
    Against Grambling our coach lost the 2nd half. In the first half our QB had two good drives that resulted in TDs. The other two that resulted in FGs were littered with poor passes. I know what I'm talking about.

Against USM last year he was barely over .500 with one TD. You call that good?

I kept quite about "the kid" until he became so blatant with always blaming other players when he makes a horrible pass. He also acts like an ass on the sidelines. If you don't believe it, go down behind the bench and watch him Friday night. There will be plenty of open seating. Cover the kiddos ears.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I can hear sometimes from our seats just below the rail in the lower stands. The logical response is “if multiple people confirm that he acts that way on and off the field, it’s probably true.”

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

The way we ended the game was not characteristic of how it typically is handled. They didn’t coast all game, just mid game, and actually nailed it shut at the end rather than just sitting on it like we did with Grambling.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Against Grambling our coach lost the 2nd half. In the first half our QB had two good drives that resulted in TDs. The other two that resulted in FGs were littered with poor passes. I know what I'm talking about.

Against USM last year he was barely over .500 with one TD. You call that good?

I kept quite about "the kid" until he became so blatant with always blaming other players when he makes a horrible pass. He also acts like an ass on the sidelines. If you don't believe it, go down behind the bench and watch him Friday night. There will be plenty of open seating. Cover the kiddos ears.
    Every Saturday good QBs make bad passes. You've never heard me say J'Mar doesn't throw some bad passes. So did Sokol...so did Driskell (or however you spell his name). Yes, J'Mar was good against USM. You must've forgotten the dropped passes.

You haven't been quiet on J'Mar in a long time. Neither me, nor you, know what routes are called. I never said he was great. He's certainly good enough to beat just about everyone on our schedule if the play-calling isn't crap. If that's not good enough for you, I don't know what to say to you.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    With that much time in the pocket, I could of taken a dump and do my taxes.
    You gotta love this post above! LOL!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like Smith is playing pretty good so far this year to me.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Seems like Smith is playing pretty good so far this year to me.
    The two biggest problems we have is Holtz calling plays and the OL has not played well at all. Bowling Green’s front 7 looked like the Steel Curtain against us.

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    The two biggest problems we have is Holtz calling plays and the OL has not played well at all. Bowling Green’s front 7 looked like the Steel Curtain against us.
    Hard to essentially pass block on delayed handoff after delayed handoff. Don’t get any push.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Hard to essentially pass block on delayed handoff after delayed handoff. Don’t get any push.
    Agree 100%. That’s why I said Holtz and the play book as the #1 problem. Holtz continues to try and make that play work, and it’s just not happening unless you have a QB that is a threat to run.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Yes, J'Mar was good against USM. You must've forgotten the dropped passes.

You haven't been quiet on J'Mar in a long time. Neither me, nor you, know what routes are called. I never said he was great. He's certainly good enough to beat just about everyone on our schedule if the play-calling isn't crap. If that's not good enough for you, I don't know what to say to you.
    Receivers drop passes. Some fans only recall that fact when they have a crush on the QB.

I gave him his entire first year as a starter when it was obvious he was being coached not to run (not by Rattay). It doesn't matter which routes are called. He is looking at the receiver and either throws at their feet or misses them by 10 yards and he blames the receiver. That's mechanics not missed plays. Still, you don't show up your receivers on the field you talk to them on the sidelines or with the coaches. Not the rockstar. He puts a towel on his head and sits by himself.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

And UT.

Even after the win over Bowling Green, LA Tech is still ranked #99 in offensive SCORING, out of 130 schools in the FBS. LA Tech also finished the 2018 season ranked #97 in the same category.

For comparison purposes, Jack Abraham and Southern Miss are ranked #46 nationally in the same "offensive scoring" category for 2019. USM also finished 2018 ranked #46 in the same category. Again, that's #46 & #46, vs #97 and #99 respectively. So, please get the message, and understand the data. Abraham is a much better QB than J'Mar, but there's nothing we can do about it at this point. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...abraham-1.html

I'm very happy that J'Mar & LA Tech's offense were able to score 28 points against one of the worst FBS football teams in America. But, the problem remains the same with J'Mar: HE CAN'T SCORE! Let me see J'Mar make this team crack the Top 50 in offensive scoring rankings for FBS schools, and I'll happily help you toot his horn.

+ Reply to Thread