+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 FIU Game (Red Out)

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

Re: 9/20 FIU Game (Red Out)

this week's worst attempted throwaway that resulted in an interception.
    Joe Burrow did it today too, but he was fortunate that the Vandy defender had stepped out of bounds first.

I knew immediately that Joe did not watch our game last night, or he would have tossed that one into the stands.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    It's funny that you say "Amik won the game". I disagree. I'm a HUGE Amik fan, but this was Amik's worst game by far. Amik got burned several times by FIU receivers, and was caught out of place on at least three (3) big FIU pass plays, including the deep TD pass play to his FIU receiver over the middle. Instead of running with the receiver to the end zone on that play, Amik STOPPED after 10-12 yds, and acted like he thought our safety was going to come over and help. However, our safety couldn't get there in time (he was covering someone else) and Amik was left covering literally no one. It looked bad.

Lastly, Amik made a mistake returning that late onside kick recovery for a TD. If he just recovers the ball, it's game over. It's Tech's ball deep in FIU territory, and FIU had no timeouts remaining. GAME OVER! However, by returning the ball for the TD, he left FIU in the game with possession of the ball (after the subsequent LA Tech kickoff), and 50 something seconds still left on the clock.

Just saying, the SMART play would have been to simply recover the onside kick, and go to the the victory formation.
    Im not gonna fault him too much on his TD. Any player would have done it.

But defensively he had a poor night.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    Joe Burrow did it today too, but he was fortunate that the Vandy defender had stepped out of bounds first.

I knew immediately that Joe did not watch our game last night, or he would have tossed that one into the stands.
    I'm still pissed that us LA Tech fans attending the game last night didn't get to see a replay of J'Mar's interception (off the foot of the FIU player) play on the Jumbotron. Why the censorship? Here was the biggest play of the game --up until that point-- and our gooberish video replay team refused to show the interception even one time. Hell, that was a controversial (and important) play at the time, and many of us didn't know exactly what happened. I finally got to see the play when I got home and saw it on TELEVISION!!

This is just another reason many LA Tech fans NO LONGER ATTEND games at the Joe. Why go to all the trouble and expense to attend football games when the damn Stadium crew chooses to censor video replays on the stadium Jumbotron? It's just stupid. We're grown-ups. We don't need to be protected, or censored.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I'm still pissed that us LA Tech fans attending the game last night didn't get to see a replay of J'Mar's interception (off the foot of the FIU player) play on the Jumbotron. Why the censorship? Here was the biggest play of the game --up until that point-- and our gooberish video replay team refused to show the interception even one time. Hell, that was a controversial (and important) play at the time, and many of us didn't know exactly what happened. I finally got to see the play when I got home and saw it on TELEVISION!!

This is just another reason many LA Tech fans NO LONGER ATTEND games at the Joe. Why go to all the trouble and expense to attend football games when the damn Stadium crew chooses to censor video replays on the stadium Jumbotron? It's just stupid. We're grown-ups. We don't need to be protected, or censored.
    That kinda felt like one of those “call on the field stands” things. Much like that fumble. If it had been called incomplete I think it would have stood on review, because replay on CBS’s angle had the guy’s foot blocking any definitive view of the ball and the ground.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    That kinda felt like one of those “call on the field stands” things. Much like that fumble. If it had been called incomplete I think it would have stood on review, because replay on CBS’s angle had the guy’s foot blocking any definitive view of the ball and the ground.
    Well.....I would have liked to have had the chance to see it for myself.....

Big Dog Dorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to beholdDorm Fridge is a splendid one to behold

You are correct that the Jumbotron is not properly used. When I was there last season, they ran a bunch of loud junk pregame, then rarely replayed actual plays that mattered.

When everyone in the stands turns their head to look for a replay, take the damned hint.

On a positive note, even though there weren't many fans there last night for a Friday night game, I thought the crowd --and the Band of Pride-- got really loud late in the game. You could see that the FIU offense was actually bothered by the noise, particularly in the 4th Qtr. It sounds great on TV.

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dorm Fridge View Post
    You are correct that the Jumbotron is not properly used.
    Last night the Dumbotron operator called for “Let’s make some NOISE” while we were on OFFENSE.... smh

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Apples to Oranges I know, but I am watching the UGA ND game on dvr and it is amazing what a difference it makes to be able to take a snap under center while not in the victory formation. Also, amazing how much better the atmosphere is when all you hear between plays is the band.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's funny that you say "Amik won the game". I disagree. I'm a HUGE Amik fan, but this was Amik's worst game by far. Amik got burned several times by FIU receivers, and was caught out of place on at least three (3) big FIU pass plays, including the deep TD pass play to his FIU receiver over the middle. Instead of running with the receiver to the end zone on that play, Amik STOPPED after 10-12 yds, and acted like he thought our safety was going to come over and help. However, our safety couldn't get there in time (he was covering someone else) and Amik was left covering literally no one. It looked bad.

Lastly, Amik made a mistake returning that late onside kick recovery for a TD. If he just recovers the ball, it's game over. It's Tech's ball deep in FIU territory, and FIU had no timeouts remaining. GAME OVER! However, by returning the ball for the TD, he left FIU in the game with possession of the ball (after the subsequent LA Tech kickoff), and 50 something seconds still left on the clock.

Just saying, the SMART play would have been to simply recover the onside kick, and go to the the victory formation.
    Fair!

He did have a poor game earlier.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Last night the Dumbotron operator called for “Let’s make some NOISE” while we were on OFFENSE.... smh
    Amen

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

In addition to my other observations about watching really good football, I knew UGA wears gray pants, but it just occurred to me how ugly it is.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Im not gonna fault him too much on his TD. Any player would have done it.
    The result was the same. Even though FIU got the ball back, it put the game out of reach for them. I was fine with it!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That's the first thing I thought when Amik had the ball on the attempted onside kick, "Fall down!" Game over.

Amik did have a poor game, overall. Okay, it happens to the best of 'em. He'll bounce back.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Henderson and Amik won the game.
    Don't know about that, but he covered.

+ Reply to Thread