+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: 9/20 FIU Game (Red Out)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/20 FIU Game (Red Out)

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Was very happy to see Justin Henderson doing well last night.

141 yds
    9.4 avg
    3 TDs
    This allowed Dancy to have a better night.

Both were helped by our QB pulling the ball and running it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Henderson and Amik won the game.

JMar had some nice runs and a few nice throws as well.

We were bailed out by penalties a few times and were hamstrung the whole time by Holtz's playcalling.

Overall not a typical Antee hackjob so that's nice.

As usual the score does not reflect just how close this game was.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

This was a good win and against a good CUSA team. I was happy with J'Mar's performance. The team and J'Mar were 3rd down converting machines.

I'm kind of getting excited about the USM game.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Also keep giving the ball to Henderson.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

That was actually a fun game to watch. Did we actually call a designed qb run play for J’mar????? Don’t think I’ve every seen that before.

I think Dancy had a good game too. He is more of a finesse back and Henderson more of workhorse so I think they complement each other very well and add some different looks to compensate for our play calling. Seems like we are getting better each week.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Still on our path to an 11-1 season. Got two more weak teams next to eek by before we play our Daddy.

Our break-bend-bend-don’t bend-break-break-snap-break-bend-bend-snap-break-don’t break-bend-bend-don’t break defense will get us there😬.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b00mer1 View Post
    Did we actually call a designed qb run play for J’mar????? Don’t think I’ve every seen that before.
    Not sure if you are serious. Our QB has pulled the ball and run it a few times in the past. Most of the time it has worked. It worked last night all but two times(?). When we've had a QB who knows how to make the read it works well and frees up the RBs to pick their holes.

Big Dog b00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of lightb00mer1 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Not sure if you are serious. Our QB has pulled the ball and run it a few times in the past. Most of the time it has worked. It worked last night all but two times(?). When we've had a QB who knows how to make the read it works well and frees up the RBs to pick their holes.
    I was serious. I think you are right, I just noticed it last night (maybe because it worked???). Seems to me that the more “passion” J’mar has, the better he plays. Once he gets hit, he is pretty good. I would let him run more on the first few series...

I am sure it’s happened before, but not very often do you see QB’s get a personal foul call but J’mar did against SMU at the bowl game a few years ago. He was into that game! Helps when the other team turns it over 6 times too...

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    J’Mar is not going to get any better than he is right now. He’s just not an accurate passer and with all the practices he’s had so far, I don’t see any more helping. He is who he is. He doesn’t have a touch pass. Everything he throws is on a line. With a lesser receiving group his stats would be down. Tech’s receivers make him better. It’s not the other way around.

Things are better when J’Mar runs. He is capable. For whatever reason sometimes I think he’s afraid to. That could be Holtz playing scared like he does 70% of the time.

It was a good win but far from a complete team and coaching effort.

Great points, but if you remember after his good run left side for a ~10 yard pickup, he was pretty fired up and immediately called his own number again for more of a gain. The good thing is that when our future opponents look at film they will see that JMar CAN run when he wants to, so they will need to account more for that.

I would only add that we need to send Henderson barreling right up the middle more and let Dancy head for the edge and turn and burn. No question we have the talent AS A TEAM to get to the C-USA championship game. That should our team's OBSESSION.. Bowls will take care of themselves.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

JMar is playing his best football. Still not elite but better this year than in the past. We need more explosive plays for our offense to go to next level. He still misses too many down the field throws my biggest concern is our defense - just don’t see things going well against the better conference teams - our D is porous & gives up way too many big plays which will really be hard to overcome against USM, Marshall & UAB. I think 8 wins is very likely but I just don’t think our D is good enough for us to get to 10 wins. I have found myself wising Baker was still here, the ONLY thing our Diaco D has done well is hold a really bad BG team & FCS Grambling to low pt totals ; otherwise Tx owned us & FIU scored 33 but actually 40 with bad gosling call. SO the Diaco D is really yielding 42 pts per game against decent competition. The question is how many times this year will our offense need to be north of 35 pts to win games?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Im hoping part of last night’s performance was due to their ability to properly prepare for this FIU team. But that may be hopeful. FIU just got Morgan back and they may have revamped some stuff to try to get the win last night.

Anybody feeling the buzz yet? Here's the deal. We win out until we play our Daddy USM in Ruston. Coach buzz kill will screw it up. Then a certain group of our fans will defend his lack of ability by telling us what we already know about him qualifying and winning bowl games. How's that working out for #1 and his ticket sales? Who is #1? Our AD has a jersey framed with his name on it, in his suite.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

J'Mar just lost the C-USA title for this week's worst attempted throwaway that resulted in an interception.

ODU QB just hit a Virginia defender in the numbers for a Pick 6 when he was trying to get rid of one. ODU still up 17-14 in the 3rd quarter.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Henderson and Amik won the game.

JMar had some nice runs and a few nice throws as well.

We were bailed out by penalties a few times and were hamstrung the whole time by Holtz's playcalling.

Overall not a typical Antee hackjob so that's nice.

As usual the score does not reflect just how close this game was.
    It's funny that you say "Amik won the game". I disagree. I'm a HUGE Amik fan, but this was Amik's worst game by far. Amik got burned several times by FIU receivers, and was caught out of place on at least three (3) big FIU pass plays, including the deep TD pass play to his FIU receiver over the middle. Instead of running with the receiver to the end zone on that play, Amik STOPPED after 10-12 yds, and acted like he thought our safety was going to come over and help. However, our safety couldn't get there in time (he was covering someone else) and Amik was left covering literally no one. It looked bad.

Lastly, Amik made a mistake returning that late onside kick recovery for a TD. If he just recovers the ball, it's game over. It's Tech's ball deep in FIU territory, and FIU had no timeouts remaining. GAME OVER! However, by returning the ball for the TD, he left FIU in the game with possession of the ball (after the subsequent LA Tech kickoff), and 50 something seconds still left on the clock.

Just saying, the SMART play would have been to simply recover the onside kick, and go to the the victory formation.

+ Reply to Thread