+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 @Rice Game

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Re: 9/28 @Rice Game

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Sharky, have you seen what Mike Leach said about his players? OMG!
    He also has a two game losing streak going.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Yep, I saw what he said. He is 3-2 overall and 0-2 in the Pac-12. I wonder what he would have said if he was 4-1 overall and 2-0 in conference.
    No matter, he called out his players in public, called them "lazy, dumb, entitled,..."

Not once, not ever, did I say such things about my players, publicly or privately. It was always "we have to get better..." I always used "we," never did I point at an individual, except when complimenting a player. And that was privately such as "You did a good job in our last game when you....(whatever it was)."

Ya know, I think players appreciate honesty. My players always knew when I complimented them it was sincere, I wasn't just "blowing smoke up their skirts" (where did that expression come from?) And it's okay to criticize players when it is deserved.

Last night the US Women's Soccer Team SUCKED big time!!! The two-time defending World Cup Champions played HORRIBLY and escaped with a narrow win over lowly South Korea. I'm sure you, Sharky, would be blasting the media and the analysts for daring to criticize them, after all, look what they have accomplished! How dare anyone say something NEGATIVE about that team! Well, truthfully, last night they SUCKED!

This all started with a fair criticism of Holtz, so let's cycle back to that. He has done a "good" job here. I acknowledge his successes and am overall pleased. But, I want more, and it's not unreasonable to want Tech Football to grow, advance, improve. Expecting an occasional 10+ win season, a conference championship, and a Top 25 ranking is not unreasonable.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Not surprising that our former coach who threw his players under the bus most was a Leach disciple.

I think occasional 10 win seasons and top 25 appearances are nice, they have little long term impact on our program. The goal should be Boise state.

That’s going to take money. It’s going to take better scheduling. It’s going to take conference championships and fuller stadiums.

Compared to where we were in 2006, we’re far closer to that goal, but we still have an incredible distance to cover to get there.

That said, there are currently only 2 programs that seem to be where we’d like to be with high regularity: BSU and UCF.

Champ StrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to allStrongBad is a name known to all StrongBad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Not surprising that our former coach who threw his players under the bus most was a Leach disciple.

I think occasional 10 win seasons and top 25 appearances are nice, they have little long term impact on our program. The goal should be Boise state.

That’s going to take money. It’s going to take better scheduling. It’s going to take conference championships and fuller stadiums.

Compared to where we were in 2006, we’re far closer to that goal, but we still have an incredible distance to cover to get there.

That said, there are currently only 2 programs that seem to be where we’d like to be with high regularity: BSU and UCF.
    Of the teams in FBS with the most success per dollar, Louisiana Tech is 5th. Just something to chew on.
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nding-expenses

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    Of the teams in FBS with the most success per dollar, Louisiana Tech is 5th. Just something to chew on.
    https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...nding-expenses
    We need more DOLLARS!!!!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Yep, so how do we go about doing that? I think the seat charge for season tickets was a bad decision. I know several long time supporters that have given them up. Current students are future revenue streams, the game day experience for them needs some changes. A better slate a home games would possibly entice the casual fan. Any other ideas?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We need people at LTAC and Alumni Assoc who focus on the donors who are in the $2500 or less column. Give them props, give them perks, pay attention to them. Those people can turn into $5,000 or $10,000 per year folks if they are treated right.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We need people at LTAC and Alumni Assoc who focus on the donors who are in the $2500 or less column. Give them props, give them perks, pay attention to them. Those people can turn into $5,000 or $10,000 per year folks if they are treated right.
    Yes they can! I’m curious, how many people on this board attended Tech between 1987 and 1997?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Yep, so how do we go about doing that? I think the seat charge for season tickets was a bad decision. I know several long time supporters that have given them up. Current students are future revenue streams, the game day experience for them needs some changes. A better slate a home games would possibly entice the casual fan. Any other ideas?
    I’ve had 2 parking passes and 8 season tickets for 32 years. This year I didn’t do the parking passes because the cost simply wasn’t reasonable. Right now because I’m so displeased with Tech athletics I’m strongly considering reducing my season tickets by half for next year and maybe giving them altogether. It’s displeasing to think that way because my family’s involvement with Tech goes back into the 50’s. Some of us have played at Tech, others have coached there. I don’t think loyalty exists in current times like it used to. When the older Dawgs phase out they won’t be replaced in like numbers.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Why the bogus "ever loyal be" crap is so sickening. It is a one sided expectation

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I am a 50 year grad. They want me to pay $100 per person to attend a banquet and "be recognized". If I thought I would see old friends I might be tempted, but in all the years I went to football games I only say one classmate (and I had shared an apartment with him after graduation). They still won't recognize my "Life Time Membership" in the alumni association they gave me when I graduated. There was a miniature of my diploma and right on the back it said "LIFE TIME MEMBER LOUISIANA TECH ALUMNI ASSOCIATION".

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Why the bogus "ever loyal be" crap is so sickening. It is a one sided expectation
    Its fine. And most importantly it is uniquely Tech, straight from the Alma Mater. So many athletic departments will just settle on a rather generic or cliche term in their ads. Or just put a lot of emphasis on a single word like Arkansas did with “Uncommon,” which I was never a fan of.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I am a 50 year grad. They want me to pay $100 per person to attend a banquet and "be recognized". If I thought I would see old friends I might be tempted, but in all the years I went to football games I only say one classmate (and I had shared an apartment with him after graduation). They still won't recognize my "Life Time Membership" in the alumni association they gave me when I graduated. There was a miniature of my diploma and right on the back it said "LIFE TIME MEMBER LOUISIANA TECH ALUMNI ASSOCIATION".
    My wife and I paid to join as life time members the day after we finished undergrad, and started grad school (also at Tech) you wouldn’t believe how many times we have been asked to pay and join the alumni association since. It’s been 20 years.

Champ brtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond reputebrtransplant has a reputation beyond repute brtransplant's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    My wife and I paid to join as life time members the day after we finished undergrad, and started grad school (also at Tech) you wouldn’t believe how many times we have been asked to pay and join the alumni association since. It’s been 20 years.

I know exactly what you mean. My wife and I joined as lifetime members several years ago yet I still regularly get correspondence from the alumni association asking me to pay and join it again. If they can't even keep up with who the lifetime donors are, it makes me wonder how the donations that come in are managed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Its fine. And most importantly it is uniquely Tech, straight from the Alma Mater. So many athletic departments will just settle on a rather generic or cliche term in their ads. Or just put a lot of emphasis on a single word like Arkansas did with “Uncommon,” which I was never a fan of.
    You missed my point. The cheezy line is fine IF it is a two way street. EllAye Tech has shown not to be loyal in return of loyalty shown to them.

+ Reply to Thread