+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28 @Rice Game

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: 9/28 @Rice Game

Another mixed bag of emotion for everyone....we win CUSA at 12-1 or 11-2 or 10-3(+)...........we never get in the top 25 rankings (-, but not a shocker)...........land in a bowl against a 7-5 or 8-4 P5 (+).........we get drummed by 50pts (-)........HCSH gets a 10yr extension on his contract (+/- depending on who you are).

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Another mixed bag of emotion for everyone....we win CUSA at 12-1 or 11-2 or 10-3(+)...........we never get in the top 25 rankings (-, but not a shocker)...........land in a bowl against a 7-5 or 8-4 P5 (+).........we get drummed by 50pts (-)........HCSH gets a 10yr extension on his contract (+/- depending on who you are).
    Nah...We end up going "CUSA at 12-1 or 11-2 or 10-3(+)" plus then hammer a P5 program in a Bowl to go 13-1, 12-2, or 11-3. And I'll take it for this year.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Yes I’m glad to be 4-1. I’m glad we beat 4 teams with a combined 2 wins among them. What I’m not glad about is the manner in which those wins came. I’ll say it again for the people in the back, we shouldn’t be struggling on offense with a coach that’s been here forever and a 5th year QB. This isn’t criticism of Smith either. He has his faults but he isn’t the problem. He’s playing better than he ever has, but the offense still sucks. That’s a coaching problem. Every week it’s a different problem. One week we’ve got little league special teams, one week we can’t catch a STD on Bourbon St, one week the Oline looks like a colander. I expect the defense to struggle due to a brand new scheme and DC, but there’s no reason that an offense with the experience that ours has should be struggling like this.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Logical fallacy -- false equivalence.

The Saints were playing with their #2 QB against a good team. That the Saints squeaked out win was a surprise bc they were NOT supposed to win.

Tech was playing with their 5th yr Sr QB against a bad team. That Tech had to squeak out a win is disappointing precisely bc Tech was SUPPOSED to win.

Do you see the distinction here?

Yes, I think we'd all like that.
    The #2 Saint QB got in the red zone multiple times and couldn't score a touchdown. Yet they won. It was a team win. Perhaps not a single player on the Saints was surprised about the win.

Just how bad is Rice? They played Texas almost identical to Tech. If Rice is a bad team then so are the Dawgs The two teams were so evenly matched that it took an OT to decide the winner. Case closed? When one thinks that their team is bad, then I suppose the only thing left to do is criticize, complain and condemn--week in and week out, year in and year out, regardless of whether the team wins or loses. With such an attitude, what can possibly go wrong. Why do you guys even bother to waste your time on such a miserable football team as the Tech Bulldogs. Oh, maybe I just lost my head for a moment. Perhaps you all revel in being the long suffering fans with all the answers, and you have formed a mutual admiration society.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Perhaps you all revel in being the long suffering fans with all the answers, and you have formed a mutual admiration society.
    That title currently resides in Hattiesburg

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

The #2 Saint QB got in the red zone multiple times and couldn't score a touchdown. Yet they won. It was a team win. Perhaps not a single player on the Saints was surprised about the win.

Just how bad is Rice? They played Texas almost identical to Tech. If Rice is a bad team then so are the Dawgs The two teams were so evenly matched that it took an OT to decide the winner. Case closed? When one thinks that their team is bad, then I suppose the only thing left to do is criticize, complain and condemn--week in and week out, year in and year out, regardless of whether the team wins or loses. With such an attitude, what can possibly go wrong. Why do you guys even bother to waste your time on such a miserable football team as the Tech Bulldogs. Oh, maybe I just lost my head for a moment. Perhaps you all revel in being the long suffering fans with all the answers, and you have formed a mutual admiration society.
    Out of curiosity, what is your prediction for Tech's final record?

Do you think this is the year that Tech finally wins the C-USA championship?

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

If Rice is a bad team then so are the Dawgs The two teams were so evenly matched that it took an OT to decide the winner. Case closed? When one thinks that their team is bad, then I suppose the only thing left to do is criticize, complain and condemn--week in and week out, year in and year out, regardless of whether the team wins or loses. With such an attitude, what can possibly go wrong. Why do you guys even bother to waste your time on such a miserable football team as the Tech Bulldogs. Oh, maybe I just lost my head for a moment. Perhaps you all revel in being the long suffering fans with all the answers, and you have formed a mutual admiration society.
    Do you not realize what holtz ball has done to this team and fan base?

Your comment above is directed at 6 people at most? This board is dead compared to what it was just a few years ago.

Look in the stands for further proof that this team is not good. The fans know it when they see it.

Holtz is the beneficiary of what Dooley called scheduling for success.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Oh, maybe I just lost my head for a moment. Perhaps you all revel in being the long suffering fans with all the answers, and you have formed a mutual admiration society.
    bruh, you REALLY don't want to see the Paw-litics board...

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

The Saint/Cowboys game in no way relates to our four wins so far. That somewhat may apply when we are not favored to win.

You see the 4-1 record as proof all is well. To me the 4-1 record is more like wearing a XXL shirt that is hiding some issues that will cost us against better CUSA teams coming down the pike.

We may be a good team, but we aren’t playing very good. Luckily the schedule has helped us. Have to coach better and get better play on the field. Really have to work for the 11-1 or 10-2 record.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think there’s room for something in between “all is well” and “all is lost”.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

^they could start by showing improvement each week but instead we get overtime with the best winless team in the country. Yee! Haw!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    whoa thats deep bro...

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think its just called “Hey, we’re 4-1.”

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think we are mediocre at best...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think we are mediocre at best...
    I think most would agree with that assessment. I just hope for the best every week.

+ Reply to Thread