+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28 @Rice Game

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 9/28 @Rice Game

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    And Tech has padded their stats against teams that are 2-9.

Rice being at home was pretty irrelevant to me. I just don’t see a big difference in the abilities of the two teams. Time will tell.
    Yes unfortunately (or fortunately, depending), we just can't say a lot about which Tech team will show up at which point in the game.

Hopefully good enough Tech is on the field longer than normal Tech.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    So you think Tech is as good or better than Army, Baylor and Wake Forest? Rice lost to them by 7, 8 and 20 respectively. Rice lost to Texas by 35, we lost to Texas by 31. Wake Forest is undefeated.

I'm not following your logic. The teams appear to be about even, and it's a home game for Rice. I do see the line has moved in Rice's favor - down to 8.
    Well if you use your logic Tech will not cover. However if you look at factors other than common opponents, I think we will cover. You do not want a betting strategy of common opponents when betting against the spread. Vegas was built on such bets.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Well if you use your logic Tech will not cover. However if you look at factors other than common opponents, I think we will cover. You do not want a betting strategy of common opponents when betting against the spread. Vegas was built on such bets.
    I’ve seen Rice and Tech play. My logic is not strictly based on common opponents.

I’m no expert and not a big time gambler, but I’ve been pretty successful when I do choose to make a bet.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    People are under estimating Rice the opponent they have faced are combined 13-2. They are nowhere as bad as board is making them or their record shows. The are going to come out in 23 and 32 sets which we will probably not see the rest of year. Will be happy to get out with a 7-10 point win, the are going to give teams of the rest of their schedule problems and they may very well have a lot to say about who wins the West.
    If they are as terrible as everyone believes, then Baylor should start getting pounded as well. I watched a good bit of that game, and they just weren't that terrible. As I watched, I was not convinced it was a sure W for us.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It’s a road game against a division opponent. I’ll be happy with a W...however we get it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It’s a road game against a division opponent. I’ll be happy with a W...however we get it.
    I suppose. Remember the thrashing Skippy took in 2013? Although we had lost 45 seniors from the 2012 team.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm leaning towards glm47's perspective on this one. The only thing that makes me think we could possibly pull away from them is that our offense is rather diverse and trending up. We're proving to be able to hurt teams with several different receivers who have a variety of skillsets. If we can keep them honest with the running game, they won't be able to pressure J'mar. If they can't blitz J'mar, he could pick them apart.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The game will be on TV via ESPN College Extra http://www.espn.com/espncollegeextra/
    DirecTV channel will be 790 for Sports Pack subscribers.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    DirecTV channel will be 790 for Sports Pack subscribers.
    Cool! Thanks for the info!

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

5 of our opponents are mentioned in the bottom ten article. Admin and others still says we should just shut up and be happy. Good grief https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    5 of our opponents are mentioned in the bottom ten article. Admin and others still says we should just shut up and be happy. Good grief https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
    Bump

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Really cool pregame promotion lots of local Houston breweries.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I have seen 2A district games better than our conference slate. Unreal!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

These 5 plus a SWACer should have guaranteed us bowl eligibility. (although, beware of Rice). Point is we will struggle to a 7-5 finish, at best, maybe 6-6, and oh my! make a 6th straight bowl (and probably win it since it will certainly be a low-dreg bowl vs. another 6-6 team) and "All Hale the Mighty Skippy...and TMAC!" When NOT making a bowl with our ridiculously easy schedule would get a coach, and an AD, fired at a real school. (real school = football program).

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread