+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28 @Rice Game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 9/28 @Rice Game

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I sure hope he isnt being encouraged to try to find a reciever too long.
    No it's the running plays that are the problem. He is reading (not reading) the player(s) he is supposed to read before pulling or not pulling the ball from the RB. The scheme works, but there MUST be a threat of the QB running the ball. I'd guess he only runs the ball 10% of the time. The WORST defense can defend the run when he does that.

Trying to find a receiver too long? IMO, it's not as much that as focusing on only one receiver who is covered up. Then we hear Dave say, "everybody was covered."

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    2-15.

That’s the record of the teams tech has beaten so far.
    Are you suggesting that Tech should have scheduled the same teams that Rice did? Rice may well be the best no-win team in the country at this point. A win is a win. A team can build on wins a lot easier than it can recover from losses.

This Tech football thread appears to consist of a homogenous (the same posters week after week) group bellyaching about wins. I hope the team refuses to read your refuse, but I fear they do.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    Are you suggesting that Tech should have scheduled the same teams that Rice did? Rice may well be the best no-win team in the country at this point. A win is a win. A team can build on wins a lot easier than it can recover from losses.

This Tech football thread appears to consist of a homogenous (the same posters week after week) group bellyaching about wins. I hope the team refuses to read your refuse, but I fear they do.
    I’m pointing out a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if I hurt your itty bitty feelings.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

2-15.

That’s the record of the teams tech has beaten so far.

I’m pointing out a fact, nothing more, nothing less.

Sorry if I hurt your itty bitty feelings.
    I pointed out a fact too, and you are a charter member of the group I mentioned.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Let’s for a second live in Snowflakeville where winning and losing doesn’t matter.

What we are left with is a team that is too often predictably frustrating to watch. There isn’t near enough killer-instinct in the philosophy or play on either side. We are way to slow in going to what works for us offensively and then sticking with it. Defensively, we seem to sit back and let out opponents have their way with us the majority of the time and then depend on that opponent turning over the ball or missing a FG once they get in the red zone. Flip a coin on what you get from special teams.

Winning and losing does matter though. Thank goodness we have been gifted with a weak schedule. 4-1 is what we should be at this point. Based on play we are a little fortunate to be 4-1. This could be an 11-1 or 10-2 season based on the schedule, but our current philosophy and play make 7-5 more likely an outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Let’s for a second live in Snowflakeville where winning and losing doesn’t matter.

What we are left with is a team that is too often predictably frustrating to watch. There isn’t near enough killer-instinct in the philosophy or play on either side. We are way to slow in going to what works for us offensively and then sticking with it. Defensively, we seem to sit back and let out opponents have their way with us the majority of the time and then depend on that opponent turning over the ball or missing a FG once they get in the red zone. Flip a coin on what you get from special teams.

Winning and losing does matter though. Thank goodness we have been gifted with a weak schedule. 4-1 is what we should be at this point. Based on play we are a little fortunate to be 4-1. This could be an 11-1 or 10-2 season based on the schedule, but our current philosophy and play make 7-5 more likely an outcome.
    So far we have won every game we should have won and lost the only game we should have lost. So we will only win 3 and lose 4 of the remaining games. Care to predict which will be in the W column and which will be in the L column.

Did you watch the Saints vs. Cowboys game last night? The Saints won without scoring a touchdown. The Saints' defense was a thing of beauty to watch and the offense did enough to win. A WIN IS A WIN. I ain't bellyaching because the Saints failed to score a touchdown. Tech is 4-1 so why is everyone on this board bitching? Why the negative 7-5 prediction. I so hope that the Dawgs prove you wrong, wrong, wrong.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Did you watch the Saints vs. Cowboys game last night? The Saints won without scoring a touchdown. The Saints' defense was a thing of beauty to watch and the offense did enough to win. A WIN IS A WIN. I ain't bellyaching because the Saints failed to score a touchdown. Tech is 4-1 so why is everyone on this board bitching? Why the negative 7-5 prediction.
    Logical fallacy -- false equivalence.

The Saints were playing with their #2 QB against a good team. That the Saints squeaked out win was a surprise bc they were NOT supposed to win.

Tech was playing with their 5th yr Sr QB against a bad team. That Tech had to squeak out a win is disappointing precisely bc Tech was SUPPOSED to win.

Do you see the distinction here?

I so hope that the Dawgs prove you wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Yes, I think we'd all like that.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It would be really funny if we win ugly the rest of the way out. Would we be reading posts about "feeling" like we're losing even though we're not? That's not a prediction, by the way. I think we are going to have our work cut out for us against Marshall, USM, UNT, and UAB. We could lose them all, but WKU won this weekend, so who knows. Anybody who didn't think Rice was going to be a tough game, hasn't been paying attention to us or them.

I get being pissed because we're not further along, but we are 4-1. Our QB is playing better than he ever has. Our defense is frustrating, but getting stops when it matters.

The wins have been ugly, but they ARE wins. Who knows what the future holds, but I refuse to belly ache BEFORE the bottom falls out. We'll have plenty of time to complain once we actually start losing.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ tenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond reputetenacious_dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Logical fallacy -- false equivalence.

The Saints were playing with their #2 QB against a good team. That the Saints squeaked out win was a surprise bc they were NOT supposed to win.

Tech was playing with their 5th yr Sr QB against a bad team. That Tech had to squeak out a win is disappointing precisely bc Tech was SUPPOSED to win.

Do you see the distinction here?

Yes, I think we'd all like that.
    Pretty well sums it up.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

If you look at J'Mar's high school reel, the kid is a true dual threat. No question he is a gifted athlete, has an arm, and has wheels. We all see that he, and the O, play better with tempo. But as soon as the momentum builds with tempo, guess who slowwwwws it down? I think the J'Mar we are seeing this year is one that is resisting the coaching he has had to a degree and reverting back to what his natural skills are, and it's working. He is playing with more swagger and it fits him.

No question HCSH has brought in stability to appease the administration and some boosters. And we are getting more 3-stars than before. If only he would get over his control freak tendencies and allow a real deal gunslinger OC call plays, we would have the traditional "fun and gun" type offense we love. Either the game moves too fast for HC or his fear of making mistakes overrides his ability to allow his players to be more aggressive, I don't know. Many of you who have followed his career longer probably have a better read?

W's are W's. I'm glad we are 4-1.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

So far we have won every game we should have won and lost the only game we should have lost. So we will only win 3 and lose 4 of the remaining games. Care to predict which will be in the W column and which will be in the L column.

Did you watch the Saints vs. Cowboys game last night? The Saints won without scoring a touchdown. The Saints' defense was a thing of beauty to watch and the offense did enough to win. A WIN IS A WIN. I ain't bellyaching because the Saints failed to score a touchdown. Tech is 4-1 so why is everyone on this board bitching? Why the negative 7-5 prediction. I so hope that the Dawgs prove you wrong, wrong, wrong.
    Agree we are at 4-1 where we should be at the moment. I am hoping to be 11-1 by end of November. But it’s more than the record. USM, Marshall, and UAB seem to all be our kryptonite, so none are certain Ws. Add in our seasonal WTH loss to one of the other teams and we could see 7-5 or 8-4 in the end. Our schedule is an 11-1 or 10-2 one, but not going to get there if we don’t play consistently better. If we would have dominated in our wins so far then there would be little concern for only 7 or 8 wins. People aren’t griping because of the record. This team is under-performing regardless of the record.

Like your Saints game analysis, but problem is we are the Cowboys in that game. Boy that sentence will make some people vomit.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Many of our fans who don't want to talk about almost losing to Grambling and Rice like to talk about almost winning games in a positive tone. The old, "we are 14 points from being a (insert number) loss team.

I go back to this...We have an 7 year HC with a 5th year QB and we struggle to beat bad teams. That's not enjoyable to me as fan.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It would be really funny if we win ugly the rest of the way out. Would we be reading posts about "feeling" like we're losing even though we're not? That's not a prediction, by the way. I think we are going to have our work cut out for us against Marshall, USM, UNT, and UAB. We could lose them all, but WKU won this weekend, so who knows. Anybody who didn't think Rice was going to be a tough game, hasn't been paying attention to us or them.

I get being pissed because we're not further along, but we are 4-1. Our QB is playing better than he ever has. Our defense is frustrating, but getting stops when it matters.

The wins have been ugly, but they ARE wins. Who knows what the future holds, but I refuse to belly ache BEFORE the bottom falls out. We'll have plenty of time to complain once we actually start losing.
    Very reasonable and well said.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

When I looked at this schedule before the season, I felt like anything less than 8 regular season wins would be a failure.

Quite frankly Leedawg is right. This schedule is a 10-11 win schedule for a competent coach.

+ Reply to Thread