+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/28 @Rice Game

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: 9/28 @Rice Game

Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    I don't know how many people my comment was directed at, but I do know that everyone on this thread seems to fall into the count. Yep, this board may be dead to what it was a few years ago, but very few positive people are willing to associate with those who only spout negatives constantly--even for a 4-1 team. If the fans come to this thread prior to deciding to go to a game, then how can they possibly be encouraged to want to go. So many of the games are available on tv now so I suspect that may have something to do with attendance. Season ticket holders can often fall into this category.
    Excellent post. The constant non-stop Holtz, Tommy, and J'Mar bashing is unbearable. They have their faults, no doubt, but reading the same things over and over here make it hard to come back.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

And it really doesn't matter what we think. What do the money guys think? They aren't fools or they wouldn't have the money. By the way who are the money guys? I am certainly not one and don't know anyone that is.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    And it really doesn't matter what we think. What do the money guys think? They aren't fools or they wouldn't have the money. By the way who are the money guys? I am certainly not one and don't know anyone that is.
    Yeah, but often times, the money guys should steer clear or hiring and recruiting. See Jerry Jones as the prime example. These people have money because they are good/really good at SOMETHING, not EVERYTHING.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Excellent post. The constant non-stop Holtz, Tommy, and J'Mar bashing is unbearable. They have their faults, no doubt, but reading the same things over and over here make it hard to come back.
    100% accurate.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Then start a thread on some other topic. For instance, Henderson is running hard, doing a good job. Your thread will then be a half dozen, "Agree!" and then it will either fade away or someone will post: but Henderson isn't the starter, it's Boston Scott all over again. Then someone will point the finger at Holtz, and off ya go!

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn’t read the same things over and over if Holtz didn’t keep doing the same stupid things over and over.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    You wouldn’t read the same things over and over if Holtz didn’t keep doing the same stupid things over and over.
    Amazingly simple concept. When you are reading about things in 2015,16, 17, 18, and 19 that others warned us about and we expressed concern over before the hire, that is a pretty good indication that you are what you are under that leadership. I personally didn’t express concern because I honestly had no idea what to expect having no knowledge of Skip’s resume. But many here were worried.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    One can be a supporter without being a BLIND supporter.

We demand excellence. Why's that a bad thing?
    Maturity is not measured by what one wants or demands, but how one deals with reality. I would not want any of you "4Cs" (constant complainers, condemers and criticizers) in a foxhole with me in the heat of battle. My considered opinion is that the same negative attitude you exhibit here permeates every facet of your life. You seek the negative, and you always succeed in finding it while ignoring the positive. If you worked for me, I would find a way to remove you from my group.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Maturity is not measured by what one wants or demands, but how one deals with reality. I would not want any of you "4Cs" (constant complainers, condemers and criticizers) in a foxhole with me in the heat of battle. My considered opinion is that the same negative attitude you exhibit here permeates every facet of your life. You seek the negative, and you always succeed in finding it while ignoring the positive. If you worked for me, I would find a way to remove you from my group.
    100% wrong.

I want people in my foxhole that like winning and taking no prisoners.

You sunshine pumpers always mistake reality for negativity. Most of the people you are criticizing are probably high performers that don’t like settling for mediocrity in any thing they do, unlike Tech and some of their supporters. Many have given time and money for many, many years. Fifty plus in my case.

The fact that you make such generalizations shows your ignorance. I’ve earned my right to express an opinion about Tech, whether positive or negative. Deal with it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Interesting...you say it's about dealing with reality. So dealing with reality = accepting the staus quo. Demanding excellence is what fans and employers do. If fans don't get what they want they find other interests. Many of us who you'd rather not be in a fox hole with have and would do anything for LaTech. However, anything does not include going along with the status quo. I don't think many of us who love LaTech so much would work for a person like you who admits that mediocrity is acceptable.

Are you a government employee?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know this, when I coached, any sport, I ALWAYS focused on the negatives, and then those things we needed to improve. Absolutely last was a few "good jobs." It was my job as head coach to move the team forward, to improve, and in most years to compete for a championship. For instance, I was coaching a soccer team and we, and by "we" I mean that program, was beating a team 2-0 late in the match. Our all-time record vs. that team was 0-14. That's right, had lost 14 straight to 'em over the course of about 5 years. I was getting shouts from the stands from our fans, "Congrats Coach, finally beating them guys!" What I saw was my team playing "well" but still making a bunch of mistakes. I was coaching and yes, fussing at my players. In Monday's practice I wiped the smiles off my players' faces by focusing strictly on what we did wrong and what still needed improving. It wasn't until 3 weeks later that I brought up that game and allowed a little congratulatory talk. That was right after we qualified for the state playoffs for the first time in program history.

I had to NOT allow ending that losing streak to become our "Super Bowl" that year. I wanted to focus on the bigger picture...the state playoffs. Is that being "negative?" Was I "mean" to not swoon over my players for winning that game? I don't think so. Not if you saw the HUGE SMILES when we actually made the playoffs!

Sharky says our "negativity" is a reflection of who we are in our lives. Yes, I wear it as a badge of honor! I will not settle... Get it?

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Your analysis of the thread posters is much deeper than the analysis you are willing to give to the team’s play so far this season (and in relation to recent past seasons). The argument that being 4-1 means all is well or critique/criticism/concern of the coaching and play is not allowed/unwarranted is shallow.

Big Dog sharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nicesharky is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Interesting...you say it's about dealing with reality. So dealing with reality = accepting the staus quo. Demanding excellence is what fans and employers do. If fans don't get what they wan't they find other interests. Many of us who you'd rather not be in a fox hole with have and would do anything for LaTech. However, anything does not include going along with the status quo. I don't think many of us who love LaTech so much would work for a person like you who admits that mediocrity is acceptable.

Are you a government employee?
    Am I a government employee? NO! Want to know exactly what your worth is? Then work for a commission only. Hits you in the face every payday. I retired in 1997.

"Many of us who you'd rather not be in a foxhole with have and would do anything for LaTech." How about saying something positive as often as you CCC. My guess is that you also have a very difficult time finding positives where you work. Perhaps the same happens at home, but for the sake of your family I hope this isn't the case.

A fellow was asked, "why are you always so happy?" He replied, "I tried the other way and I didn't like it." I don't visit this board very often and you can look at my number of posts and see that. When I do visit, I sometimes post a comment or two. I try to stay from a constant diet of negativity. Too often this is what I find whether it be football, basketball or baseball and it seems to be proffered by the same people--all experts in any sport. No, No! It is their attitude and not their expertise that is being exhibited front and center.

I don't recall ever saying that I accept mediocrity so please show me where I did. The last time I looked, Tech was sitting on top of the Western Division of the C-USA. That is the current reality, yet with you and your ilk there is no joy in the Bulldog nation. It is all gloom and doom. Will Tech go undefeated the rest of the season or win the conference championship? I don't know, but I do know that the coaching staff can't improve matters by constantly reminding the team how lousy they are. So why do you seem to relish the opportunity?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Here's reality...Our overall program and especially our football program are mediocre at best.

I don't recall ever saying that I accept mediocrity so please show me where I did.
    Originally Posted by sharky
    Maturity is not measured by what one wants or demands, but how one deals with reality.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

My considered opinion is that the same negative attitude you exhibit here permeates every facet of your life. You seek the negative, and you always succeed in finding it while ignoring the positive.
    That's a deeply unfair assessment, and I think you know that.

I've personally met many of the members of this board (you may have too), and can vouch there is much more to each of their lives than Tech fandom. They are husbands, fathers, brothers, and sons made in the image of their Creator. They each have as many hopes dreams memories and experiences as you or I. To extrapolate a "considered opinion" on "every facet" of a human's life based on an athletics message board is an opinion very poorly considered. That you linked this considered opinion of yours to "maturity" is similarly poorly considered.

You may be wondering why the impassioned response. It's because you have, in my considered opinion, just "made it personal". Not only is an ad hominen argument a sorry excuse for a logical fallacy, but in doing so, you became the very thing you were criticizing.

We can talk about Tech sports without talking about one another. Be better.

+ Reply to Thread