+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Early Voting Starts Tomorrow

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Early Voting Starts Tomorrow

I voted in the primary, but not in the runoff. I just couldn't stand Rispone and his attacks on Abraham and even some of his attacks on Edwards.

The bottom line is while Edwards wasn't great, I would feel better about the country if there were more Democrats like him. Rispone called him a radical liberal on many occasions, but he is as moderate as they come. I like Edwards better than any of the current Dem presidential candidates.

Rispone did what he needed to do to win the primary, but unfortunately his scorched earth campaign against Abraham alienated too many of his supporters. Had he focused on policy in the primary and left the attacks for JBE maybe things would have been different. Who knows.

I hate that they tried to make it about Trump also. The Louisiana governor has nothing to do with impeachment. I'm also not going to punish JBE for something he has no control over. Not to say he does or doesn't support what is going on now, but he doesn't have any active part in it so I'm not going to vote against him just because I don't like what Nancy Pelosi or Adam Schiff are doing. I would happily replace one of those two with JBE and instantly make the Country a better place.

The Louisiana GOP has a history of shitting the bed when it comes to candidates for Governor. We kept the tradition alive this time.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I still don’t know who Eddie is or what he stands for.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, I see too many folks, too caught up in "what he said in a campaign ad," still don't get it. I'll post it again here for posterity sake. Maybe a thousand years from now some historian will come across these posts, trapped in the cyber ice (as mammoth bones are in Russian permafrost) and say, Hey! at least one person understood! Here goes...

...JBE is a puppet of the Trial Attorneys Association. All such puppets, and their parent organization, need to be swept away by the hand of God like Sodom and Gomorrah.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Everybody hates trial attorneys...until they need one.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Everybody hates trial attorneys...until they need one.
    Example please

I know some of the good guys. NONE of them advertise and NONE of them are active in politics.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Example please

I know some of the good guys. NONE of them advertise and NONE of them are active in politics.
    You really need an example of someone needing an attorney?

I'm no fan of ambulance chasers, but to lump all "trial attorneys" into some evil subclass is an example of the overstatement BS that got Rispone beat.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

You really need an example of someone needing an attorney?

I'm no fan of ambulance chasers, but to lump all "trial attorneys" into some evil subclass is an example of the overstatement BS that got Rispone beat.
    I didn't to that. I qualified my statement by saying I know some of the good guys. I will say, that if somebody advertises as being an expert of screwing people they are generally horrible human beings.

I didn't to that. I qualified my statement by saying I know some of the good guys. I will say, that if somebody advertises as being an expert of screwing people they are generally horrible human beings.
    Your candidate did. In fact, I know a handful of Trump loving attorneys that voted for JBE because of Rispone and the LA GOP's stupidity.

Your candidate did. In fact, I know a handful of Trump loving attorneys that voted for JBE because of Rispone and the LA GOP's stupidity.
    You lost me. If you mean Rispone was "my candidate" I was not aware of the trial lawyers being being all in for Rispone. FWIW, I said from day one that Rispone was a weak candidate, I didn't like him, and I didn't expect him to win. Yes, he would have been a better governor than Jon Bel Obama has been or will be. That's not saying much.

State law is the problem with our insurance rates not federal law.

Please stop saying this is a state GOP issue. This is a Louisiana open primary issue. The state GOP is hamstrung, but they should demand that we change the open primary crap that EWE forced on us years ago.

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I still don’t know who Eddie is or what he stands for.
    That's the biggest problem. The primary would have been a great time to get his policies out there. Instead all i heard was "I'm like Trump" "Boom there it is".

It's unfortunate that it sounds like maybe he is a pretty decent guy and they didn't get that out there and tell me why he would be good for the state. Instead we were told he has an R by his name and he likes Trump so vote for him.

I was not aware of the trial lawyers being being all in for Rispone.

Please stop saying this is a state GOP issue. This is a Louisiana open primary issue. The state GOP is hamstrung, but they should demand that we change the open primary crap that EWE forced on us years ago.
    Rispone said "trial laaawwwyers" about as often as he said Trump. He was trying to make it an issue and the people didn't buy it.

This certainly is a state GOP issue. They refused to coalesce behind Abraham for fear of putting off Trump voters. They are ineffective and, more or less, spineless. Jungle primary didn't prevent Bobby J from landing the office.

Rispone said "trial laaawwwyers" about as often as he said Trump. He was trying to make it an issue and the people didn't buy it.

This certainly is a state GOP issue. They refused to coalesce behind Abraham for fear of putting off Trump voters. They are ineffective and, more or less, spineless. Jungle primary didn't prevent Bobby J from landing the office.
    "THEY" weren't behind anybody and never have been until the run off with the Dem candidate.

The open primary created Rispone, Vitter, Jindal, Foster, and Roemer. None were good candidates or governors, but by the time Vitter and Rispone got here, consevatives were jaded by the BS that Foster and Jindal had done even while serving two terms.

The only way the Louisiana GOP can "get behind a candidate" is to do away with the open primary. Surely you understand that there are too many factions of the La GOP to get behind one single candidate on day one.

EWE knew exactly what he was doing.

Surely you understand that there are too many factions of the La GOP to get behind one single candidate on day one.
    Like I said...ineffective and weak.

Like I said...ineffective and weak.
    Any state with our system would be the same.

Any state with our system would be the same.
    And yet, the dems can figure it out. So has the GOP in the past. I get the mailers...they are a mess. Swept by the tides of what "might" win and unable to put forth a vision that's compelling to unify conservatives.

Maybe taking their lumps will make them reevaluate their strategy.

+ Reply to Thread