+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    All players are tested at the beginning of the year. If they test positive they are tested again (not randomly) and if they fail, they are suspended. That system is more than fair and probably what every other NCAA school/team does.

We had four guys who didn't care. They knew they would be tested again and kept on tokin'.

Not sure why this is so difficult for some to believe or understand.
    Perks of being QB1 I guess.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

it is amazing anyone ever fails the FIRST test. they All know it is coming. geesh

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

random ancient factoid. i was in the Marines when they began one of the first drug testing programs in the country. supposedly they were testing 5 or 6 out of the Batallion (roughly 200) every month. close friend and I were “randomly” tested each of the first 5 months.... I probably had a better chance of winning the lottery.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I thought the second test was 3-4 weeks after the failed test?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I thought the second test was 3-4 weeks after the failed test?
    It was the week prior to the UNT game. Not sure when the first test was exactly. September is what I was told.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

How many would have shown up?
    Good question. Assuming LA Tech was 11-1 going into (hosting) the CCG, with a solid chance to finish as champions of CUSA, and a great chance at a Top 25 national ranking, I believe we would have drawn a very nice crowd for this coming Dec 7th weekend. Certainly more than FAU will draw.

Besides LA Tech & the city of Ruston, another big loser in this whole deal is CUSA. They are stuck trying to "sell" two of the country's most unattractive CUSA commuter schools to America. Teams with no football roots whatsoever. And it keeps happening. Is it any wonder the Sunbelt is passing CUSA by?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I have preached this for the last two years, THERE IS AN ECONOMIC IMPACT!

Ten game winning streaks, conference championship games, good performance in other sports brings more people, more hotels rooms occupied, etc, etc..., and that is just the beginning. The University finally has a City administration that wants to assist, help, and promote the university, The University needs to return the favor. The City needs fans to spend money on game weekends, so for Gods sake, make tailgating easy and fun again, how hard is that.

The City of Ruston has taken care of a few months of the year with the new sports complex that promises to bring in thousands, I think Ronny Walker and his supporters expect Tech to at least take care of 6 or 7 months a year.

Any City, Parish, or State worker in Lincoln Parish with half a brain should know that weekend revenues from a successful Athletic program is good for everyone. When is everyone going to get enough of the mediocrity and demand we do better. Those dollars brought to Ruston often turn over many more times before leaving town and generate tax revenues each time it is spent.

Someone needs to sit TMac down and give him an economics and PR education or tell him start preparing his resume'.
    Great post.

All players are tested at the beginning of the year. If they test positive they are tested again (not randomly) and if they fail, they are suspended. That system is more than fair and probably what every other NCAA school/team does.

We had four guys who didn't care. They knew they would be tested again and kept on tokin'.

Not sure why this is so difficult for some to believe or understand.
    So, if you are the coach and have a QB in that situation, Why aren't you giving Aaron Allen snaps against Grambling, Bowling Green, Rice, UTEP, UMASS, etc...? Why be so unprepared for the outcome we had?

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Ole Miss and Miss St don't mind playing dirty athletics.
    If you have not seen this 4 part series on YouTube by SB Nation called "Foul Play" it details the sordid details of one players saga @ Ole Miss. It's 30 for 30 quality. It's breathtaking the depth of corruption that goes into recruiting some players. After you see this, you will understand that Tech is no where close to being in the same league as some of the SEC schools in "creative recruiting".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qm-P2foSE4

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

It was the week prior to the UNT game. Not sure when the first test was exactly. September is what I was told.
    That would be the bye week (first week in November). If the test was given in September, it would've had to have been given at the end of the month (not at the beginning of the season).

There's no difficulty in understanding your version of the story (which I'm sure was conveyed to you...not saying you made it up), but there are certainly gaps in the story. You say that's all misinformation, but others have sources too (not me, I don't). Something doesn't pass the smell test. Let's not act like everybody has loved J'Mar and it's crazy that anybody would want to punish him to a greater degree than they were required. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I've been following Tech long enough to know that our admin and athletic council have made some head-scratching decisions in the past.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. It's done.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

What gaps? We don't know when in September, but it makes sense that the first test would occur after school and the season starts. I was told the 2nd test was given prior to the UNT game, not the week before. I assumed it was the week before UNT since Smith had the option of sitting out that game instead of opting for the B Test which was also positive and broke on Monday following UNT.

Yes, I've heard some of the other stories. I also know who some of the sources are crying foul about Smith being mistreated. I know for a fact, one of the main ones spreading lies (yes I know they are lies) is a long time Tech employee. It would be reasonable to believe that Smith was getting a bad deal if it were just him, but there were four players with three being starters. All received equal punishment.

I know for a fact, one of the main ones spreading lies (yes I know they are lies) is a long time Tech employee.
    You can't know unless you were there. You know what you've been told and you believe it. That's fine, but it's not "knowing".

What, do you figure, is the motivation of the long time Tech employee to spread such lies?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    You can't know unless you were there. You know what you've been told and you believe it. That's fine, but it's not "knowing".

What, do you figure, is the motivation of the long time Tech employee to spread such lies?
    I suppose I could assume a guy who has never spoken an untruth to me could be lying about who is saying what. The employee in question often comes up in controversial issues. I caught him in a lie in a one on one conversation a few years ago and learned then he is not to be trusted. Since then his name rarely pops up unless there is some controversy involved. I don't know why he would spread such lies, but I assume he just likes to stir crap. He is untouchable.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    So, if you are the coach and have a QB in that situation, Why aren't you giving Aaron Allen snaps against Grambling, Bowling Green, Rice, UTEP, UMASS, etc...? Why be so unprepared for the outcome we had?
    I would love to see this question asked of HC on video/audio by at least one of the reporters, Teddy, anyone. Do we have anyone that asks the tough LEGITIMATE questions?

I suppose I could assume a guy who has never spoken an untruth to me could be lying about who is saying what.
    He doesn't have to be lying. He could be misinformed. Maybe he's on the AC and he was there and saw it all for himself. I have no idea. I do know that to call a group of tech fans idiots just because they question a story they weren't told directly seems a bit much.

+ Reply to Thread