+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: 2019-2020 Coaching Carousel

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    That's what I'm asking too. Seems to me that most universities don't purposefully select players for a drug test because they believe they might fail. Otherwise, there would be rampant suspensions throughout the country. I'm not remembering previous instances of players failing a test and being selected, outside of NCAA mandates, to take a follow up test. I'm not going out on a limb to say we've had players fail a drug in the past. I don't remember other suspensions.
    Carlos Henderson - but we were able to keep it hid better

Lenin Creer - he just disappeared

The stakes were much higher this time and QB1 was the face of the team

No it's simple to explain -

Your key employee fails the first test - by your bylaws they become subject to a "random" second test...

You tell your key employee "wink wink nod nod" you will be selected soon for your second test in hopes that said employee is WISE enough to get the hint

If you don't test, you are subject to a discrimination suit by past dismissed employees and any future employees - and you lose automatically and they pass GO and collect major $$$$$$$

You can't help it if your key employee thinks they are smart enough or won't get caught - and they test positive again

No conspiracies

In the real world, with a lot of companies/businesses - it's a one strike and your out policy - unless they declare immediately after the test they have a problem and need help
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

All this.

No one was out to get QB1. It wasn't a vendetta. He screwed up once and was given a pass and a warning. You will be tested again. The biggest question for a lot of people is timing. Why test before the two biggest and highest ranked opponents of the season. Why not test say before UTEP? What we don't know is when exactly the second test was. Some have claimed before NT for sure and the sample was appealed to a second sample (drug testing always involves two samples given at the same time for redundancy).

But it really doesn't matter about timing as much as it matters that QB1 thought he could get away with it and put himself above the season, above the team, and above his school (our school).

As Dwayne remarks, in the real world it is one strike and you are out (we know with QB1 it has been at least TWO strikes). I have been screened TWICE this year by two different companies. They do not play around with this. Many are screening before you can be hired in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post

Your key employee fails the first test - by your bylaws they become subject to a "random" second test...

You tell your key employee "wink wink nod nod" you will be selected soon for your second test in hopes that said employee is WISE enough to get the hint

If you don't test, you are subject to a discrimination suit by past dismissed employees and any future employees - and you lose automatically and they pass GO and collect major $$$$$$$

You can't help it if your key employee thinks they are smart enough or won't get caught - and they test positive again

No conspiracies

In the real world, with a lot of companies/businesses - it's a one strike and your out policy - unless they declare immediately after the test they have a problem and need help

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We don’t know when the first test was either.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    We don’t know when the first test was either.
    But we do know that the first test was in a 35 day window prior to the second failed test...

And this is the group that has handled all of our testing since 2017 - https://www.drugfreesport.com/about-us/case-studies/

Those are facts and not suppositions or wild guesses -

Once again there was no conspiracy or select enforcement on individuals

I can guarantee you that there were others who tested positive (my guess is maybe as many as 10 but probably 4 or 5) the first test but managed to stay "clean" for the required period before the second test was administered

And let's not kid ourselves - these players know what they will be tested for, it is spelled out

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It didn't have to be for those two games of the three. And it could have even been for 1, or 1 and a half or the first half of the bowl game etc...
    Exactly and Tech just had to give him those 2 particular games for suspension. The idiots!!!
    So now TECH also punished the entire fan base and alumni. Not to mention the great pub. and upside the program and university just lost. Yes, I'm still PO'd.

No conspiracies

I still stand by my above.

I still stand by my above.
    So let's compromise what little integrity we have as long as we increase our chances of WINNING....

And what does it say to the other players/teams on campus who tested positive the first go around and did what was required of them to pass the 2nd test with a negative screen?

Have you honestly thought about what you just stated?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I'm telling y'all it was those sesame seeds on the Griff burgers!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

So let's compromise what little integrity we have as long as we increase our chances of WINNING....
    Nothing to do with integrity. I want to know why 2 games and why those two games? And did they (coaches and players) know and was it a rule it could cost them 2 games? And then was it our AD or head of the council that pulled the trigger? I obviously want to know about the process. And those answers we probably won't find out.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Nothing to do with integrity. .

You obviously didn't read my post. Integrity is the reason for my questions per the ADM's actions (whomever) as I asked in the above. And maybe more so vs. the player. There could be an ADM integrity and yes grace issue at play. I personally think grace is a part of integrity characteristics. Just saying.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Not a college coach, but Tech grad Neil May stepped down at Parkway today.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

But we do know that the first test was in a 35 day window prior to the second failed test...

And this is the group that has handled all of our testing since 2017 - https://www.drugfreesport.com/about-us/case-studies/

Those are facts and not suppositions or wild guesses -

Once again there was no conspiracy or select enforcement on individuals

I can guarantee you that there were others who tested positive (my guess is maybe as many as 10 but probably 4 or 5) the first test but managed to stay "clean" for the required period before the second test was administered

And let's not kid ourselves - these players know what they will be tested for, it is spelled out

So what was the council meeting about with regard to these issues? As I understand it, the second failed test results in an automatic suspension right? Why would there be ANY wiggle room in that?

I'm not disagreeing, just trying to understand the process. The stories that Skip lobbied to have J'Mar play seem implausible to me if this was a second failed test that results in an automatic suspension.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Because there were extinuating circumstances involving Jmar that dealt with more than the failed drug tests...

And any coach is going to go to bat for his players -

Every TECH coach I know of has gone to bat for his players regardless - whether it involved grades, drugs, dui, domestic squabbles, shootings, rape allegations etc - football, baseball, basketball, wbb, softball etal

If that coach doesn't go to bat for his/her players - what does it say to his/her current team and potential recruits?

Like I said - No conspiracy, no singling out

Folks this ain't rocket science

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing to do with integrity. I want to know why 2 games and why those two games? And did they (coaches and players) know and was it a rule it could cost them 2 games? And then was it our AD or head of the council that pulled the trigger? I obviously want to know about the process. And those answers we probably won't find out.
    If our coaches didn’t tell the players repeatedly over the course of spring training, summer workouts, fall camp, and all through the season that they could be tested and what the penalty could be, then it’s largely on them. As I understand it, we as fans aren’t owed an explanation of the process or punishment structure. Other schools don’t disclose this stuff unless there is a police report. Was there a police report from the situation that involved QB1?

+ Reply to Thread