+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Football Announces Future FCS Opponents - latechsports.com

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Football Announces Future FCS Opponents - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I seem to recall that ULM also hosted Baylor and Minnesota at home, in addition to Memphis now. Maybe we need to swap AD's?
    I get your point. But ULM's game with Baylor was in 2012, the same year we played A&M in Shreveport. We've also played Mississippi State in Ruston just 2 seasons ago. They're playing Memphis this week, while we have 2 AAC schools - SMU and Tulsa on the schedule in future years. There are better examples than ULM.

We have enticing home games scheduled, but they're just not enough of them. I mentioned SMU and Tulsa. In addition:

Baylor's trip to Ruston was pushed back from 2021 to 2023.

https://fbschedules.com/baylor-louis...otball-series/

We have NC State in Ruston in 2025.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...es/1055320001/
    Last edited by The Historian; 10-03-2019 at 07:01 AM.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

To follow-up on my previous post:

Our biggest issue is still having to play money games. Some of the AAC and Mountain West schools are in a position to insist on 1 for 1 deals with a very limited number of money games over a long period. As a league, if CUSA's members would play mostly 1 for 1s it would have a dramatic impact on its TV contracts given the additional P5 inventory of home games.

Here is an example. In late 2015 Wyoming released its scheduled games for the upcoming 7 seasons. It included 4 home P5 opponents - Texas Tech, Oregon, Missouri, and Washington State.

https://wyoming.rivals.com/news/wyom...ball-schedules
    Last edited by The Historian; 10-03-2019 at 07:25 AM.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I remember the embarrassing lost to SFA in 2000.

SFA 'Jacks Use Overtime To Defeat Louisiana Tech, 34-31
    Sept. 16, 2000

"The victory by Division I-AA Stephen F. Austin (3-0) denied Louisiana Tech its 500th school victory and dealt the winless Bulldogs their third straight loss."

Louisiana Tech 31
    SFA 34
    OT

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

That moment was ALMOST as bad as NSU loss. At the time, it was one of my lowest sports memories
    Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I remember the embarrassing lost to SFA in 2000.

SFA 'Jacks Use Overtime To Defeat Louisiana Tech, 34-31
    Sept. 16, 2000

"The victory by Division I-AA Stephen F. Austin (3-0) denied Louisiana Tech its 500th school victory and dealt the winless Bulldogs their third straight loss."

Louisiana Tech 31
    SFA 34
    OT

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I get your point. But ULM's game with Baylor was in 2012, the same year we played A&M in Shreveport. We've also played Mississippi State in Ruston just 2 seasons ago. They're playing Memphis this week, while we have 2 AAC schools - SMU and Tulsa on the schedule in future years. There are better examples than ULM.

We have enticing home games scheduled, but they're just not enough of them. I mentioned SMU and Tulsa. In addition:

Baylor's trip to Ruston was pushed back from 2021 to 2023.

https://fbschedules.com/baylor-louis...otball-series/

We have NC State in Ruston in 2025.

https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/sp...es/1055320001/
    I get it. I was already aware of the games you just mentioned (Baylor, SMU, Tulsa, NC St, etc..). Those are good. But I still don't think we try hard enough with our OOC scheduling. We need more "intelligent" OOC scheduling, instead of focusing on UMASS, Bowling Green, etc... Have we circled back to BYU? Has anybody called Kansas? At least we've got the ole Louisiana tie-in "Les Miles" there now. He's probably looking for some G5 opponents (because he thinks he can get wins) to do H/H.

And all those MWC schools that we shared the WAC with; I've love to see Fresno St and Hawaii back in here again.

Champ zharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant futurezharkins has a brilliant future zharkins's Avatar

I get it. I was already aware of the games you just mentioned (Baylor, SMU, Tulsa, NC St, etc..). Those are good. But I still don't think we try hard enough with our OOC scheduling. We need more "intelligent" OOC scheduling, instead of focusing on UMASS, Bowling Green, etc... Have we circled back to BYU? Has anybody called Kansas? At least we've got the ole Louisiana tie-in "Les Miles" there now. He's probably looking for some G5 opponents (because he thinks he can get wins) to do H/H.

And all those MWC schools that we shared the WAC with; I've love to see Fresno St and Hawaii back in here again.
    You don't really think any AD or intern or janitor in charge of scheduling would start with UMass and Bowling Green and "focus" on teams from that part of the country, do you?

I know I've said this before, but for the current stretch of years, he inherited at Bowling Green from this season, at UNLV next season, and at Mississippi State for 2021....so he was hosed from the get go with no home games already contracted. They have got it set up very even after 2021 and they get out from BVDV's propensity to play home games first and push out the road games on whoever comes next. UMass was to fill a short term schedule hole. Since then Tommy has scheduled just the kind of teams we have asked him to without exception.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Got that right!

Quote Originally Posted by zharkins View Post
    You don't really think any AD or intern or janitor in charge of scheduling would start with UMass and Bowling Green and "focus" on teams from that part of the country, do you?

I know I've said this before, but for the current stretch of years, he inherited at Bowling Green from this season, at UNLV next season, and at Mississippi State for 2021....so he was hosed from the get go with no home games already contracted. They have got it set up very even after 2021 and they get out from BVDV's propensity to play home games first and push out the road games on whoever comes next. UMass was to fill a short term schedule hole. Since then Tommy has scheduled just the kind of teams we have asked him to without exception.
    Correct. A lot of what we've seen over the past few years and some of what we'll see the next couple of seasons is on Bruce.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Rumor is Vagisil State & Tampax Tech both are inquiring about Home-and-Home deals with us in the near future.
    Man.. from what I hear we better not sleep on Vagisil State. They have a slippery running back that hits the hole hard! Will leave us scratching our heads the next morning, wondering what happened the night before.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Man.. from what I hear we better not sleep on Vagisil State. They have a slippery running back that hits the hole hard! Will leave us scratching our heads the next morning, wondering what happened the night before.
    Bravo.. well played!!

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I was waiting for Champ967 to pass by this way, but alas he didn’t. No reason to waste it being teed up so nicely.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

No reason to waste it being teed up so nicely.
    Now TWSS!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

I was waiting for Champ967 to pass by this way, but alas he didn’t. No reason to waste it being teed up so nicely.
    ugh … for the umpteenth time …

It's not funny when its already an obvious double nintendo. It's only funny when it's unexpected.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    ugh … for the umpteenth time …

It's only funny when it's unexpected.
    TWSS

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    Hopefully we will have a fireworks show afterwards.
    We only have a fireworks show when we lose to Northwestern State. I didn't see them on the exciting list of FCS opponents.

+ Reply to Thread