+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Southern Miss Game

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 10/19 Southern Miss Game

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't think the completion percentage matters as much as our willingness to stick to the plan to throw deep. We need somebody flying on each pass play and a "safety" outlet on each play. Give J'Mar two fast reads and let the chips fall where they may. The emergence of Henderson is a great development for us. The kid from Ruston high was also impressive provided he holds on to the ball.
    I agree about Henderson. He's a bigger component than I think people recognize. J'mar can also hurt teams with his legs IF we run him purposefully. We have Hardy and CJ as proven weapons, but Hebert, Stanley, Graham, and Smoke can make key plays. I feel like if we play the dime package and take away their short game, we can handle them. Of course that's going to put our corners on islands, but that's a necessary risk. I don't think the long ball is really Abraham's specialty, he doesn't have a real strong arm.

All that to say, if we can take the short game from them, I think they'll press. But if they take one thing from us, Hardy for example, I think we have enough diversity to overcome it.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I agree about Henderson. He's a bigger component than I think people recognize. J'mar can also hurt teams with his legs IF we run him purposefully. We have Hardy and CJ as proven weapons, but Hebert, Stanley, Graham, and Smoke can make key plays. I feel like if we play the dime package and take away their short game, we can handle them. Of course that's going to put our corners on islands, but that's a necessary risk. I don't think the long ball is really Abraham's specialty, he doesn't have a real strong arm.

All that to say, if we can take the short game from them, I think they'll press. But if they take one thing from us, Hardy for example, I think we have enough diversity to overcome
    it.
    I think that is as good of an assessment and any as to what it will take to be competitive and beat USM. We already know that their running game is not their strong suit although probably adequate, the short and quick pass will be what they try to rely on to give their running game a little action on occasion. That is an excellent strategy to take advantage of our bend don't break defensive scheming. I think they will use receivers to try and suck our middle down the field to open up that short pass, we will have to have discipline and defend the short game and do the bending on the long ball. The percentages are just lower for anyone for the long game in most cases, so lets play close and keep the short pass and the run contained. Playing the dime we could keep some pressure on Abraham, thus taking more of the long game from them. Our defense will have to be the guys to win this game for us, plus once in the red zone it becomes a short game game for the offense and we should be able to hold them to field goals. Now if Abraham has good wheels, that could change that a lot, that adds back another dimension, but again if we are playing short, we should be able to contain.

Speaking of wheels, Run J'mar in designed plays a lot, and not just in the red zone, between the twenties when we can. J'Mar, two to three good running backs, and two good receivers should make us a threat if they will all be used in a balanced fashion. I think you are right on about Hebert, not sure if he can be a Cangelosi, but I think he may be underutilized and could be a surprise for USM. Smoke, on certain plays, I am sure he is hard to see from the defensive side of the ball, you never know where he is coming from are heading to, play him to his strengths. Smoke should be one of those guys that just squirts out of a defensive players hands like a watermelon seed when they try to tackle him.

In other words Boxer, you are exactly right in my opinion, just repeating what you said in another way!

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

This game is going play out exactly as our repeating tendencies would suggest. We won’t play consistently well at any phase of the game, there will be peaks and valleys, JMar will miss some open throws, our play calling will be predictable and suspect at times, we won’t be aggressive in scoring, we’ll kick a minimum of 2 field goals when we need touchdowns, we’ll give up too many long 3rd down conversations, we’ll play too conservative on defense and allow them to move the ball seemingly unchallenged at times, we’ll play in hopes that they’ll make mistakes to beat themselves more so than us trying to play aggressively to beat them. In the end Tech will need to ball last to win whether that means scoring last or keeping them from scoring last. We all know how history tends to repeat itself and with Holtz it’s nearly a guarantee.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    This game is going play out exactly as our repeating tendencies would suggest. We won’t play consistently well at any phase of the game, there will be peaks and valleys, JMar will miss some open throws, our play calling will be predictable and suspect at times, we won’t be aggressive in scoring, we’ll kick a minimum of 2 field goals when we need touchdowns, we’ll give up too many long 3rd down conversations, we’ll play too conservative on defense and allow them to move the ball seemingly unchallenged at times, we’ll play in hopes that they’ll make mistakes to beat themselves more so than us trying to play aggressively to beat them. In the end Tech will need to ball last to win whether that means scoring last or keeping them from scoring last. We all know how history tends to repeat itself and with Holtz it’s nearly a guarantee.
    HOPEFULLY.....Holtz has some sense of pride and has his team ready to play. What man likes getting his a$$ beat on the regular by a peer? And the same for Smith. Surely he wants to prove that he was the better QB and that’s why Abe never saw the field. Like it or not, they both have something to prove on Saturday, and I hope they do just that.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Boxer had a great question for Holtz on the radio. I think it touched a nerve. Our HC only remembers the last two game against USM. As bad as those two losses were, the 2015 and 2016 losses were two of THE worst losses we've ever suffered. BTW, that's 4 in a row for those counting.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Boxer had a great question for Holtz on the radio. I think it touched a nerve. Our HC only remembers the last two game against USM. As bad as those two losses were, the 2015 and 2016 losses were two of THE worst losses we've ever suffered. BTW, that's 4 in a row for those counting.
    The only two wins Holtz has against them were the two worst years in Southern Miss history.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    The only two wins Holtz has against them were the two worst years in Southern Miss history.
    Ah yes. Pappy Buttermilk...aka Dr Death. From 12-2 to 0-12
    Last edited by talonofdeath; 10-14-2019 at 09:18 PM. Reason: screw up

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I don't jump through may ass to ignore the discussion and blurt out " JUST COME TO THE GAME!"

Have you considered that some people have things going on in their lives that prevent them from attending games right now?

The discussion you rudely butted in on was not about not attending, it was about the best way to catch both the pre-game and the game on the radio.
    Hum...some more "self-righteous and condescending" banter I see.

Let's see, I live 3 hours away from Ruston so yes I would understand that issue plus many others. Again my friend, "Life's way too short".

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

We must tackle well. USM offense lives off of YAC from broken tackles.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    a bigger component than I think people recognize.
    twss

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Las Vegas Line Movements
    Vegasinsider | Southern Miss Golden Eagles @ Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Many lines moved in favor of Tech.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    Las Vegas Line Movements
    Vegasinsider | Southern Miss Golden Eagles @ Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Many lines moved in favor of Tech.
    I was told Vegas knows.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    It's nice having 4 running backs on that list as compared to 2 recently. If you listened to the call in show after the game, my 12 y.o. called to discuss the RB situation.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    I was told Vegas knows.
    They know how to set the line and who should be favored. From that point on it is all about how the money flows.

Vegas set it at a pickem on Vegas Insider.

+ Reply to Thread