+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Southern Miss Game

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 10/19 Southern Miss Game

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Seriously? My dear friend, your remarks are always drive by and meant to cut down our coaches, players, ADM, Dawgs fans no matter the occasion or reason (some are needed no doubt). But you default to the extreme most all of the time. There is very little, if every, any praise in you for our University and Athletics. You could at least try you know. I truly believe you want low attendance and an unhappy fan base to prove yourself correct on many issues. And I agree some need correcting. But you appear to be one unhappy dawg, which we would all love helping to "lighten up some" and enjoy your Saturdays. Maybe not worrying about the line of the game would help. "Life's way too short".
    Lighten up on the "dear friend" bullshit followed by self righteous condescension.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think we need a defensive TD early (yeah...I know...tough thing to NEED). Have to be able to play loose on O. The deep passes against UMass were a good sign...even if we missed a few. We need their O to play from behind. They'll abandon the run and press passes.

Special teams HAS to have their best game of the year. Win this one and we SHOULD host the CG.

Time will tell.

All 6 books at docsports have us as a home dog...
    I agree 100% about ST, they have got to play lights out. I think that Smith has to have a better game than 16/28 to win. They will play safeties up and force us to go over the top. If he can connect on a few of those throws, I think it opens up the play book. If he doesn’t, it’s gonna be tough sledding offensively.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I’ve watched three Southern Miss games this year. I can promise you that their WR corps are very, very good. Watkins is scary good. To me he’s most dangerous on the quick 5 to seven yard slant over the middle. If you watch Abraham closely, his first read is usually to him. That’s where he wants to go with the football and I don’t blame him. In my opinion, I’d take Amik and try and lock him up at the line of scrimmage and disrupt the timing of that slant. Mitchell and Adams are good too, but not nearly as good after the catch as Watkins.
    I agree. If our DB's give the USM receivers our usual 10-to 15 yd cushion, we're toast. Just can't do that.

I know some Tech fans seem gleeful that USM doesn't have a strong running game (although one USM RB did rush for over 100 yds last week against UNT.) You need to understand that is by design. USM relies on a pair of outstanding playmakers at WR and a short passing game to supplement the lack of a running game. IMO, it's one of the main reason's Abraham has such a high pass completion per centage (over 80% last week) each week. He rarely throws deep.

NO CUSHION THIS WEEK!!!

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I agree 100% about ST, they have got to play lights out. I think that Smith has to have a better game than 16/28 to win. They will play safeties up and force us to go over the top. If he can connect on a few of those throws, I think it opens up the play book. If he doesn’t, it’s gonna be tough sledding offensively.
    I don't think the completion percentage matters as much as our willingness to stick to the plan to throw deep. We need somebody flying on each pass play and a "safety" outlet on each play. Give J'Mar two fast reads and let the chips fall where they may. The emergence of Henderson is a great development for us. The kid from Ruston high was also impressive provided he holds on to the ball.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

https://youtu.be/xCCtsospw4o

If you watch you can see two things

(1) Watkins and Adams is a two headed monster. Both of them are very good.
    (2) Southern Miss has a very soft secondary. Having watched them this year, I’d say that’s their biggest weakness. The question is can we exploit that?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I don't think the completion percentage matters as much as our willingness to stick to the plan to throw deep. We need somebody flying on each pass play and a "safety" outlet on each play. Give J'Mar two fast reads and let the chips fall where they may. The emergence of Henderson is a great development for us. The kid from Ruston high was also impressive provided he holds on to the ball.
    Yeah he did look really good and a good compliment to Henderson. However, if we can’t connect on the over the top throws at least 40-50% of the time, we will have a hard time on offense. They are going to give it to us starting out to see if Smith can beat them. I KNOW our WR will be able to create space between them because their secondary is average at best. The big question is can he put it on the money. If he does early, I think advantage Tech. Plus he needs to really use those legs this week.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Actually the geo-fence is at 70 miles or about the distance KXKZ normally reaches OTA. Learfield announced this just before the season began.

The All Access subscription should relieve all problems with switching back and forth for pre-game and the game production, but now I can't find how to subscribe to All Access.
    Why can't the radio broadcast be streamed outside a certain radius? I thought the purpose of streaming was to make broadcasts, including advertising, available to more people with less hassle.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. If our DB's give the USM receivers our usual 10-to 15 yd cushion, we're toast. Just can't do that.

I know some Tech fans seem gleeful that USM doesn't have a strong running game (although one USM RB did rush for over 100 yds last week against UNT.) You need to understand that is by design. USM relies on a pair of outstanding playmakers at WR and a short passing game to supplement the lack of a running game. IMO, it's one of the main reason's Abraham has such a high pass completion per centage (over 80% last week) each week. He rarely throws deep.

NO CUSHION THIS WEEK!!!
    This is a pretty accurate assessment. The short passes are our run game. We have a converted wide receiver playing RB for us and he has the quick twitch that the other 2 big backs don't have. Our only really RB that can catch, run and block got hurt in the first game and we are just trying to get by with whatever we can for now. Our DBs are by far the weakest link on defense/team. They aren't even average.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    This is a pretty accurate assessment. The short passes are our run game. We have a converted wide receiver playing RB for us and he has the quick twitch that the other 2 big backs don't have. Our only really RB that can catch, run and block got hurt in the first game and we are just trying to get by with whatever we can for now. Our DBs are by far the weakest link on defense/team. They aren't even average.
    No worries about your DBs, our QB ain't even average either.

Varsity Bulldog SouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of lightSouthernMiss3613 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    No worries about your DBs, our QB ain't even average either.
    I do think he could give us some serious problems with his running ability. Locksley for UTEP gashed us a couple of weeks ago. Most of them weren't designed QB runs either.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    I do think he could give us some serious problems with his running ability. Locksley for UTEP gashed us a couple of weeks ago. Most of them weren't designed QB runs either.
    If the scouting report says that USM Is susceptible to the QB run, rest assured we will not do that.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Good grief! Just go to the dam game guys!
    Stop being such a prick. You don't know what's going on in other peoples lives.

This is a discussion. You made a drive by remark and you are clueless as to what we are even discussing.
    Seriously? My dear friend, your remarks are always drive by and meant to cut down our coaches, players, ADM, Dawgs fans no matter the occasion or reason (some are needed no doubt). But you default to the extreme most all of the time. There is very little, if every, any praise in you for our University and Athletics. You could at least try you know. I truly believe you want low attendance and an unhappy fan base to prove yourself correct on many issues. And I agree some need correcting. But you appear to be one unhappy dawg, which we would all love helping to "lighten up some" and enjoy your Saturdays. Maybe not worrying about the line of the game would help. "Life's way too short".
    Lighten up on the "dear friend" bullshit followed by self righteous condescension.
    OK, if wish zero civil discourse today from "a friend", then to quote you above, "Stop being such a prick". And as far as being "self-righteous and condescending" per your other comment above, you're the one that stated, "You don't know what's going on in other peoples lives" as if none of us do but you.

You need a chill pill "my friend" before you blow an aorta. "Life's way too short".

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

"You don't know what's going on in other peoples lives" as if none of us do but you.
    I don't jump through may ass to ignore the discussion and blurt out " JUST COME TO THE GAME!"

Have you considered that some people have things going on in their lives that prevent them from attending games right now?

The discussion you rudely butted in on was not about not attending, it was about the best way to catch both the pre-game and the game on the radio.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

I don't jump through may ass to ignore the discussion and blurt out " JUST COME TO THE GAME!"

Have you considered that some people have things going on in their lives that prevent them from attending games right now?

The discussion you rudely butted in on was not about not attending, it was about the best way to catch both the pre-game and the game on the radio.
    Maybe I am wrong here, but I just took that as a joke... not just him demanding everyone come to the game. Because obviously not everyone is in a position to attend a game.

+ Reply to Thread