+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest game of the Year!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Biggest game of the Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I thought it was very Holtz like. The book says take the FG. Rather than do what the book says up 21-0 he did something weird.
    We said the same thing. We were hoping Holtz would do the logical thing like we hope he would do in a competitive game. Take the 3 and move on.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBulldog1962 View Post
    USM has a top 5 nationally ranked offense? Doesn’t Tech average more yards and points per game?
    That really wasn't the point. Afterall, LA Tech has played one (1) team ranked better than #100 (Texas) this year. USM has played 4, and just demolished preseason CUSA favorite, UNT. The simple point is, by any measure USM does have a high powered offense that scores a lot. How are we going to stop 'em?

IMO, if our defense doesn't put enormous pressure on USM QB Jack Abraham and force him to make bad throws, we'll get demolished. But, play USM the same way we played against Hawaii last year (and SMU the year before) , and we'll have a good chance to win. It's all about getting pressure on the QB. If we don't get pressure on the USM QB, Abraham will pick us apart with a 90% completion rate.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I thought it was very Holtz like. The book says take the FG. Rather than do what the book says up 21-0 he did something weird.
    At the time it was very low risk. Their O couldn’t move the ball and we were playing well on O.

I thought the call was a good one, but I wouldn’t characterize it as bold or aggressive.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Its aggressive. Just not bold, or risky. Because we were having our way.

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Well, I think we all will agree that this is the game that should decide the West Champion in CUSA. You have a very impressive team this year. I fear that USM's string of recent wins makes me feel this is your Dogs year to bring home the W in this game. USM's team strength is our qb and a very talented group of receivers. Our oline is our weakness on offense. If the oline can protect Abraham and open some holes for the running game, then we have a chance. This USM defense is far from a Nasty Bunch defense. Our really weak link on defense is our secondary. Our new secondary coach seems to be a questionable hire. Our linebacker group is also weaker this year. Our dline was highly touted, but in my opinion hasn't backed up the hype. They do have a chance this week to back up the hype.

I predict a good game, but I feel the home field advantage could be the difference this year. I expect a large crowd of Bulldog supporters and they will be a factor. I would love a W, but I would feel better if this game was in Hattiesburg. Anyway, lets hope it is a great game with no injuries and may the best team win.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Line is Tech -1.5. Line will definitely move, but by how much?

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Line is Tech -1.5. Line will definitely move, but by how much?
    That already represents a move. Early yesterday USM was favored where I was looking. PD saw a pick-em.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

Current line looks like Tech -2.0 or -1.5. That is a move from USM -1.5. As they predominately are, I hope Vegas is right on this one!

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Watched USM twice this year. Their offense is gonna stay on the field against our our flex defense so we better make the most of our offensive possessions. However, unlike Rice, BG and UMass they will turn tons of yardage in to points. We MUST have our best defensive game of the year and we best score north of 35 pts on offense to keep this one in range. If JMar does the usual and misses most of his downfield throws then our point production will not be enough to keep up. He needs to have his best game of the year for us to win. I simply dont think our defense is good enough to keep us close if our offense isnt really clicking.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    Our defensive secondary blows and we have no run game.
    You guys will win.
    We give offenses the first 80 yards for free before we start playing defense and our QB can't hit the ground with the ball (literally).
    You guys will win.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    We give offenses the first 80 yards for free before we start playing defense and our QB can't hit the ground with the ball (literally).
    You guys will win.
    WE only field a real defense inside the twenties, between the tweties USM will have their way with us if we do not play a different scheme some.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

To be successful on defense, we need 4 down lineman on every snap. No prevent ever.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Dang right!!!

That gets me pumped every time I hear it. Someone should tell our video operations to play that or just turn it off.

+ Reply to Thread