+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi guys

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hi guys

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Looking forward to the game but not getting my hopes up about the final score. Holtz has killed my enthusiasm.
    You need a good dose of the press conference today. The players and Skip seem very, very focused and upbeat in their planning for this game.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    You need a good dose of the press conference today. The players and Skip seem very, very focused and upbeat.
    Read it on BTB. My disappointments and frustrations with previous Tech/USM games coupled with seeing the quality of USM in person is keeping my expectations low. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

And not to be a buzz kill, but I remember a team stacked full of NFL talent that promised a beat down in The Joe that went down like a bride on her honeymoon. So I guess I don’t get too excited about pre game talk. After all, that’s all it is. We will know Saturday bout 6pm if that talk was legit or not.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

[QUOTE=HogDawg;1743676]There's two ways to look at this year's record. Yes we could be the worst 5-1 football team in history, OR we could be simply winning the close games that we lost in years past.

- Remember all those 1-pt losses 2 years ago to UAB, South Carolina, UNT and of course, our OT loss to USM? That was painful. Maybe that's NOT happening this year.

- Remember the WTF games in years past when LA Tech lost to lesser talented teams like Tulane, NSU, ODU, USM (yes, USM) and MTSU? Maybe we're past that now.

All I know is, we're 5-1 now, and coming off a huge win over an awful team, the likes of which we always struggled with in years past. Maybe Tech has turned a corner, and maybe the more wins these guys rack up, the more confident they get? And the more confident they get, well........you know that's how champions are sometimes built. Remember, LA Tech's 2011 team started out weak, went on a 7-game win streak, and won the WAC.[/

Champ LATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond reputeLATechBanjo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle in the gym View Post

Dear neighbors,

So it's this time of the year again, huh? We really look forward to this being an annual game. And it's also my annual time to come to this board. But it's different this year. I see people on here talking about watching on TV or listening online/radio. Folks posting about not going to the game or seem worried about rain bc we seem to bring rain to Ruston when we come (and it sometimes resembles the scoreboard for LaTech faithful). This year there's no one predicting a 50-point Dog win or "what you will do to us." We have a good thing going and this board needs to, nay - must, I say, start being extremely cocky and start blasting us. Keep the karma the same. We need some type of bulletin board material to post. Please. Please, at least two or three of you reply and call me some type of clever name or predict our imminent doom. I'll throw the first shot in an open attempt to lure you into some type of smack. Here..."Hey Tech. We are your daddy." There. Blast away.

Thanks in advance.
    See ya Saturday.
    XOXO, EITG

PS Change our logo on your icon list or Iowa may sue you, too...
    USM is our daddy until Skipper proves otherwise.

Would you like a tie or socks this year?

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

This Tech team is so bad that It can't even fight it's way out of a cold shower with no shower curtain.

Champ GonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoDawg has a reputation beyond repute GonzoDawg's Avatar

BB&B provides bulletin board material for it's own team these days. Hope they read it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    BB&B provides bulletin board material for it's own team these days. Hope they read it.
    So does our coach..."We have several starters who have been here 4 years and have never beaten Southern Miss."

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    There's two ways to look at this year's record. Yes we could be the worst 5-1 football team in history, OR we could be simply winning the close games that we lost in years past.

- Remember all those 1-pt losses 2 years ago to UAB, South Carolina, UNT and of course, our OT loss to USM? That was painful. Maybe that's NOT happening this year.

- Remember the WTF games in years past when LA Tech lost to lesser talented teams like Tulane, NSU, ODU, USM (yes, USM) and MTSU? Maybe we're past that now.

All I know is, we're 5-1 now, and coming off a huge win over an awful team, the likes of which we always struggled with in years past. Maybe Tech has turned a corner, and maybe the more wins these guys rack up, the more confident they get? And the more confident they get, well........you know that's how champions are sometimes built. Remember, LA Tech's 2011 team started out weak, went on a 7-game win streak, and won the WAC.
    AWESOME POST!!!! I nominate this post for Post Of The Year!!!

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by GonzoDawg View Post
    The Dawgs will win and a lot of the posters here will be complaining about how soft CUSA is and we are still not a good team. We have never had great attendance. Sure we have had a few years above average... the sky is not falling!

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    AWESOME POST!!!! I nominate this post for Post Of The Year!!!
    Don't encourage him...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The Dawgs will win and a lot of the posters here will be complaining about how soft CUSA is and we are still not a good team. We have never had great attendance. Sure we have had a few years above average... the sky is not falling!
    If we win, that would be our first win over a good opponent. It would represent, to me at least, a significant milestone and turning point for this team.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If we win, that would be our first win over a good opponent. It would represent, to me at least, a significant milestone and turning point for this team.
    We haven't had the opportunity to play anyone (other than Texas). I don't know if it's a turning point or if we can finally see how we stack up against "good opponents."

USM has beaten: Alcorn State, Troy (3-3 - South Alabama, Akron and Campbell), UTEP, & North Texas (2-4 - UTEP & Abilene Christian)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    We haven't had the opportunity to play anyone (other than Texas). I don't know if it's a turning point or if we can finally see how we stack up against "good opponents."

USM has beaten: Alcorn State, Troy (3-3 - South Alabama, Akron and Campbell), UTEP, & North Texas (2-4 - UTEP & Abilene Christian)
    Yea. But USM always plays like NFL players in the Rivalry in Dixie compared to our peewee. So I think this is important to show us where we really stand and a win here will slightly change my attitude on this team.

+ Reply to Thread