+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham Butt Lickers

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Abraham Butt Lickers

And! that play to Hebert was a great call. It was frickin' 1st down...Holtz ALWAYS runs the ball...only this time, he didn't. And yes, pretty throw. Great all around from the coach to the players who executed it.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And! that play to Hebert was a great call. It was frickin' 1st down...Holtz ALWAYS runs the ball...only this time, he didn't. And yes, pretty throw. Great all around from the coach to the players who executed it.
    I said in the game thread - this is the best play call that skippy made since he got here. this call completely fooled everybody who watched the game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I said in the game thread - this is the best play call that skippy made since he got here. this call completely fooled everybody who watched the game.
    Seven years of misdirection paid off, haha

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Seven years of misdirection paid off, haha
    Took a bit of patience, then boom.

My condolences to you and family. Hope you are doing well. Finish your PhD?

Champ BoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud ofBoutThemDawgs has much to be proud of BoutThemDawgs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by latech View Post
    I mean hell, it fooled the camera guy for sure. He was following Henderson till that little oblong object came jetting out of J'mar's hands. There was a play like that last week as well where J'mar fooled absolutely everyone on a PA.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Tsk tsk. All this bickering after a big win.

I fear the title of this thread has left a bad taste in everyone's mouth!

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Abraham tried to show Tech up. Jeered our sideline after his first TD pass. Then, spiked the ball after his run. He's not a good sport. Serves him right to embarrass himself like that.
    He had a lot to prove. He wanted to be the starting QB at Tech, saw that wasn't going to happen, and he made a decision that was best for him. I was upset at the time. I'm over it. He's a young man playing a game that requires a lot of energy and emotions. I didn't like the first point to the sidelines. I understood it. Didn't like it. I have no problem with the spike and think it's dumb that's a penalty. He does some things well. He made some plays with his feet that were remarkable. I think he's very accurate. But he also made a couple of dumb decisions and forced a couple of throws where he shouldn't have. And there's no doubt his arm isn't J'Mar's. Still, it worked out for all parties involved. No hard feelings here. I just don't want to hear about Jack Abraham from Tech fans anymore. Our guy is better than theirs.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Bug me? It doesn’t bug me at all. Why does it bug you so much when people point out that he quit the team?

Abraham did what was best for him and I’m happy it worked out for him. Nothing he does effects me at all.

It just gets old reading post after post about him by folks who wish he was still here. He didn’t want to be here, so he left. I prefer Smith because he stayed. It’s really that simple. And now, for the second year, Smith outplayed Abraham head to head.
    I do have a genuine question for you. You say that Abraham quit, and you prefer J'Mar because he stayed. But if the results had been reversed, and Abraham was named the starter with J'Mar the backup, do you think J'Mar would have stayed? Obviously, this is a hypothetical and we can't know the answer for sure, but I would assume that J'Mar would do what's best for him if he was beaten out by a younger QB. I think that Abraham gave it his best shot and didn't win the job. He looked at his options and decided he didn't want to sit behind a guy for three years for a chance to play his redshirt senior year. In hindsight, I don't blame him.

I think a lot of guys on this board have read into the situation and injected their own thoughts about J'Mar onto Abraham. As far as I know, Abraham has never publicly said he was treated wrong, he didn't get a fair shake, he's better than J'Mar, etc. We don't know his thoughts. He might have felt that way. He also might have felt he wasn't going to beat out J'Mar because J'Mar earned the job fair and square. I do think it's obvious that he still has some good memories from his time at Tech. He stayed on the field after the game and talked to a whole bunch of people, including Skip, and I don't think he does that if he's pissed off about how he was treated by the coaches and his former teammates.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    You know who you are.....hahahahahahaha
    Thank you, Clyde the Coward. .... When was the last time you went to a home game anyway?

Don't ruin the good time for everybody.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I can answer your question by saying I always prefer bulldogs to non-bulldogs.

My statements regarding Abraham have always had little to nothing to do with him and are directed strictly at those Tech fans that show Abraham more respect and courtesy than they show J’Mar. I think most of that is rooted in Holtz hate, but it still gets on my nerves.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I can answer your question by saying I always prefer bulldogs to non-bulldogs.

My statements regarding Abraham have always had little to nothing to do with him and are directed strictly at those Tech fans that show Abraham more respect and courtesy than they show J’Mar. I think most of that is rooted in Holtz hate, but it still gets on my nerves.
    Now I feel like I'm talking to a politician who doesn't want to LISTEN. So, you think this is about you and your personal conflict with LA Tech supporters who don't always agree with you? LA Tech supporters who give money, time and energy to the program. And attend games? Don't be a twisted individual.

J'mar looked GREAT yesterday. In fact, he looked fantastic! This was far and away the best single game performance of his entire 3-year LA Tech career. For the record, I don't know any LA Tech fans that have ever pulled against J'Mar Smith. In fact, to the contrary, every Tech fan I know has ALWAYS pulled for him, and ALWAYS wished him the best. That said, he's had a very rocky 2 years to get it right, and year 3 seems to be showing a big improvement for him.

As for Jack Abraham, he'll be fine. He's an excellent, young, college QB (as others have mentioned) and he's 1-1 against us now. He's also got another year to play us in 2020. So, we need to remember what we did yesterday to destroy his game......and do it again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I also have to say I can’t believe how Abraham has gotten inside so many posters’ heads.
    ....Ain't that the truth! And some of them don't even realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by tigtoo30 View Post
    It’s simple. Abraham met Amik. Game over.
    That's true. LA Tech had Amik Robertson, and USM didn't. LOL! J'Mar didn't have to throw against Amik yesterday.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Took a bit of patience, then boom.

My condolences to you and family. Hope you are doing well. Finish your PhD?
    Thank you. We are doing well as can be expected. Hopefully about a year left!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    The only reason anyone mentions him quitting our team is because others couldn’t get over it that he left, were blaming Holtz, constant comparisons to J’Mar, etc.
    .....with damn good reason. The kid (Abraham) has already shown that he can play at this level. Insecure Tech fans don't need to confuse Abraham's one-day bad performance (because he was playing a really tough Tech defense) with being a bad QB.

+ Reply to Thread