+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Abraham Butt Lickers

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Re: Abraham Butt Lickers

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Mediocrity is an insidious disease. It creeps in, unseen. Often it starts as an "off day." The victim doesn't even notice it really. Then there's another "off day" and the victim finds an excuse. A few "okay" days mix in with more and more "off" days and this suddenly becomes the norm. It is a common trait of "Creeping Mediocrity" for the victim(s) to be in denial. They get defensive when others ask what's wrong? "Nothing is wrong!" the victim will insist, "I am the same as I was last month...and the month before that."

The final stage of the denial, in this horrible disease, is when the victim(s) start trotting out meaningless stats comparing apples to oranges. Don't attempt to point out the obvious fallacy in their stats. They'll just go ballistic, start calling you names. The final overall stage is horrible. The victim(s) sits in the corner just babbling, "He is a rock star. I know it's true. He is a rock star."

The Center for Disease Control deals with a lot of such cases during the fall, mostly September through November.
    The game has changed. Adapt or die. I don't believe I came from a monkey, but things evolve over time. Dinosaurs are extinct....

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    The game has changed. Adapt or die. I don't believe I came from a monkey, but things evolve over time. Dinosaurs are extinct....
    Smith could have been what he has been this year for the past two years. You know why he wasn't...

He didn't run. Was it because he didn't want to or because his coach didn't allow him to? IMO, it was a little of both, but very few of our fans recognize that no run threat from our QB made our RBs and Oline look bad when they were actually doing their job.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Change is inevitable. Often times with change their are growing pains. Holtz has been here longer than Dooley or Dykes with more success....He has struggled, but has shown the ability to adapt when others have jumped ship. Skip has shown the ability to change...Maybe our fan base should quit looking at the past and adapt to the future. I saw a quote today from a current player " Coach, thanks for believing in us." It's time our fans started believing in us. The players probably read this board....it's mostly about what is wrong with the program. Let's turn it around.

I believe that La Tech will win the remainder of their games, win a conference championship, and finish in the top 25. Anyone else going to ride that bus? I believe in our coaches and players. Please join the bus!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I believe that La Tech will win the remainder of their games, win a conference championship, and finish in the top 25. Anyone else going to ride that bus? I believe in our coaches and players. Please join the bus!
    I certainly believe they have the talent. I believe they had the talent in 2017 and 2018 as well. You don't?

I trust our players. I don't trust our HC, our OC, our DC or our freeking special teams coach (es)? I trust them to win 10, but not 12 or 13. Does one game suddenly make you more confident? I guess you knew all along Holtz had this in him?

Our HC has to lead this team to an undefeated conference championship and we WILL BE in the top 25. Anything less is just the SOS.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Smith could have been what he has been this year for the past two years. You know why he wasn't...

He didn't run. Was it because he didn't want to or because his coach didn't allow him to? IMO, it was a little of both, but very few of our fans recognize that no run threat from our QB made our RBs and Oline look bad when they were actually doing their job.
    Exactly. How many times have you seen J'Mar do that "girly slide" after a run this year? The answer is ZERO. And he did it ALL THE TIME over the past 2 years. I honestly think Skip Holtz had J'Mar so afraid of making a mistake, and afraid of getting hurt, that J'Mar went into a shell of sorts. However, for some reason, over the last 2 to 3 games all that has changed.

Well, his Qb Coach was Rattay... Google Rattay’s rushing stats at La Tech....Rattay was the Qb Coach the last two years, right? I could be wrong, please correct me if I am wrong. New Qb Coach this year and J’mar is improved....Why? Can you explain?

Well, his Qb Coach was Rattay... Google Rattay’s rushing stats at La Tech....Rattay was the Qb Coach the last two years, right? I could be wrong, please correct me if I am wrong. New Qb Coach this year and J’mar is improved....Why? Can you explain?
    Right. Rattay was holding him back by telling him not to run and to take sacks. If you ever actually watched the sidelines you saw Skippy interrupt every session Rattay tried to have with Smith. That's cool though. Throw a Tech legend under the bus to make a the HC look good making stupid decisions.

Why did the new QB coach wait 5 games into this season to tell Smith to run?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

He wasn't healthy. He's had several minor knee procedures during his time at Tech. Minor injuries in your legs are a big deal when you're trying to outrun linebackers. It's obvious this year that J'Mar is finally healthy, and he's running with a confidence he has never had before.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Right. Rattay was holding him back by telling him not to run and to take sacks. If you ever actually watched the sidelines you saw Skippy interrupt every session Rattay tried to have with Smith. That's cool though. Throw a Tech legend under the bus to make a the HC look good making stupid decisions.

Why did the new QB coach wait 5 games into this season to tell Smith to run?
    Not throwing a legend under the bus... Rattay was a tremendous Qb for La Tech. I will never question his abilities as a player....Rattay’s rushing stats suck, may be a reason for Holtz questioning what Rattay said. Holtz may very well have been asking why he didn’t run the ball....something J’mar has been more successful at this year. Why?

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    He wasn't healthy. He's had several minor knee procedures during his time at Tech. Minor injuries in your legs are a big deal when you're trying to outrun linebackers. It's obvious this year that J'Mar is finally healthy, and he's running with a confidence he has never had before.
    Yes, I don't doubt that was part of the reason last year, but he was either held back or didn't want to run the two years before. I didn't hear it, but others here have said Holtz admitted that he had been holding him back out of fear of him being injured. Sounds EXACTLY like the way Holtz plays the game.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Yep, CFB has changed, it's gotten even MORE pass-oriented! It's more wide open now than at any other time in its history. The last two dinosaurs have finally joined the fray of wide-opened, attacking offense: Bama and LSU.

J'Mar Smith is, at best, a mediocre QB. Period. This is fact.

Defense whipped USM, just like it was the defense that destroyed SMU and Hawaii in the past two bowl games. Smith had "good" games in all three cases. He did enough, and certainly didn't hurt the team's chances of winning. Henderson, and the OL, have brought a pretty good running attack which helps a lot. But, this Tech team wins BIG games when the defense carries the day. Our QB will NEVER, not EVER be the reason this Tech team will win a game.

This is not unusual, this is not necessarily a slap against Smith. Defense wins championships. There has been many teams, TONS! (like Bama in the recent past) who win championships with mediocre QBs and strong rushing attacks and great defense.

Of course, I HOPE to see more out of Smith. For this Tech team to achieve 13-1, especially if that includes whipping a good team in a bowl, it would help a great bit for our QB to step up. To elevate his game above "mediocre" level. I watched the replay of the USM game...the analyst said the exact same things about Smith. Such as he locks on to one receiver and that is it. Smith has obvious, GLARING weaknesses that anyone with even an ounce of knowledge immediately picks up on.

Never mind...live in your delusional world (Creeping Mediocrity).

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

please don't quote his posts. I have the ignore button in use for a reason

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

On ignore?

Did y'all know that sportdawg molests Collies!

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Yep, CFB has changed, it's gotten even MORE pass-oriented! It's more wide open now than at any other time in its history. The last two dinosaurs have finally joined the fray of wide-opened, attacking offense: Bama and LSU.

J'Mar Smith is, at best, a mediocre QB. Period. This is fact.

Defense whipped USM, just like it was the defense that destroyed SMU and Hawaii in the past two bowl games. Smith had "good" games in all three cases. He did enough, and certainly didn't hurt the team's chances of winning. Henderson, and the OL, have brought a pretty good running attack which helps a lot. But, this Tech team wins BIG games when the defense carries the day. Our QB will NEVER, not EVER be the reason this Tech team will win a game.

This is not unusual, this is not necessarily a slap against Smith. Defense wins championships. There has been many teams, TONS! (like Bama in the recent past) who win championships with mediocre QBs and strong rushing attacks and great defense.

Of course, I HOPE to see more out of Smith. For this Tech team to achieve 13-1, especially if that includes whipping a good team in a bowl, it would help a great bit for our QB to step up. To elevate his game above "mediocre" level. I watched the replay of the USM game...the analyst said the exact same things about Smith. Such as he locks on to one receiver and that is it. Smith has obvious, GLARING weaknesses that anyone with even an ounce of knowledge immediately picks up on.

Never mind...live in your delusional world (Creeping Mediocrity).
    Except you didn’t say mediocre. You said he sucks. Now you say mediocre. Stop changing your goalposts for an argument. Mediocre is much less of an argument for anyone here, but you stated he SUCKS. Which is not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Except you didn’t say mediocre. You said he sucks. Now you say mediocre. Stop changing your goalposts for an argument. Mediocre is much less of an argument for anyone here, but you stated he SUCKS. Which is not the case.
    I said being 19th in passing yards sucks for a Tech QB. And I say, as I've always said, he is mediocre at best. Which means the best you can say about him is: he's a mediocre QB. I have not moved the goalposts. Perhaps your reading comprehension sucks...

+ Reply to Thread